Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 22:45 It is currently 02 May 2024, 22:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Re: So... Odds of Fedex screwing up 4 overnight deliveries... [#permalink]
All the best. Hope everything works out fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I appreciate it! I'm sure it will, I'll never "rely" on Fedex again however. What a waste of time though... I was so looking forward to having everything done, but it looks like I'll have to wait a little longer
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Call Fedex and complain. You might get your money back or a free something the next time you try to use Fedex.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
When did you ship them out? Did they promise they would get there that time. Sometimes if you try to overnight something after like noon it wont make it, and not sure about fedex but some companies are a pain about shipping on weekends.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
clobo wrote:
Call Fedex and complain. You might get your money back or a free something the next time you try to use Fedex.

I Agree I use Fedex all the time, last time today around 4 hours ago, and I never had problems, though, I never used their 24h system...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
I overnighted practically everything that related to my app. It was ridiculous -- I never got it together. All part of all the dough I spent to get where I am...sigh....even my stinkin' deposit check to Duke was overnighted....but it all got there on time.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
i'm confused - did FedEx actually lose 4 of your overnight packages or did they just not get to their destination in time?

If the IRS will accept tax returns that have been postmarked by Apr 15, I'm sure adcoms will also give you a break if they see that you did 'send' them these packages by the appropriate deadline and that any further tardiness was FedEx's responsibility!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
You cant sue them for anything, its not like they lost something of great value or else you would have had it insured.

What the heck were you overnighting anyways in 4 packages? Applications are all done online these days. Instead of freaking out call the adcoms and talk to them but not to be unsympathetic but cutting it that close is just asking for trouble.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
You cant sue them for anything, its not like they lost something of great value or else you would have had it insured.

What the heck were you overnighting anyways in 4 packages? Applications are all done online these days. Instead of freaking out call the adcoms and talk to them but not to be unsympathetic but cutting it that close is just asking for trouble.

Not freaking out, but still pissed. Don't anticipate even missing the deadlines, but it's still ridiculous if I pay $100 for the "guarantee" and they don't even leave the city I live in. I dropped them off at 8:00 am and I finally see a tracker saying they left knoxville @ 9:00 pm the next day. BullSh*t. At least it looks like they know where they are now, which would be the only way I'd miss the deadline.

So yeah, overnighting transcripts to 4 schools in 4 packages.... thanks for asking...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Weird. I use FedEx every day and they deliver everything on time as long as I drop off the packages on time. They haven't failed me yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
wspfaris wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Not freaking out, but still pissed. Don't anticipate even missing the deadlines, but it's still ridiculous if I pay $100 for the "guarantee" and they don't even leave the city I live in. I dropped them off at 8:00 am and I finally see a tracker saying they left knoxville @ 9:00 pm the next day. BullSh*t. At least it looks like they know where they are now, which would be the only way I'd miss the deadline.

So yeah, overnighting transcripts to 4 schools in 4 packages.... thanks for asking...

Hey man, i don't think you have to worry a thing about bro. The transcripts can get there after app submission. Stuff gets lost all the time, adcom understand. That's why they check your app and tell your what's missing (if any) and you will have a chance to send it in later on. I think schools give more leeway for GMAT/Transcripts, than they do with other app material.

Most schools are ok with them just getting there sometime in the review process, or even after admit only. Even the most strict schools I've heard, who say you need to have that stuff in by the Round deadline, actually still accept it afterwards, they just won't start reviewing your app til they get it. So they start reviewing a couple days later, so what right?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Ya transcripts they usually have leeway with...if you filled out hardcopies of the app and mailed it they probably would still accept them a day late. I can see being ticked off at fedex, most schools dont want official transcripts until you get in anyways.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I send out about 100 FedEx overnight shipments per week, and my late delivery rate has been less than 0.1%. About the only time I've ever had them missed their delivery timeframe is due to major weather systems.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dox wrote:
I send out about 100 FedEx overnight shipments per week, and my late delivery rate has been less than 0.1%. About the only time I've ever had them missed their delivery timeframe is due to major weather systems.

Well, for me this almost didn't even seem like a surprise. It's almost as if somebody is purposely trying to make me fail. For the first deadline, here's how it went the night before. Got home, internet crashed, never comes back on. Drove to Kinkos and used their computers. Emailed the essays back to myself/saved them on disk. Then got home and my computer couldn't recognize the version of MS Word that Kinkos had. Rewrote essays with saved handwritten notes and turned in on deadline date 30 minutes before cutoff.

Countless other things, but I still think everything will work out. I know most people would say that I should have completed them earlier, but the fact is I could not have completed them and maintained the quality. The only reason everything is gonna work out is because I have had to stay so OCD about everything... otherwise I would have failed 50 times over already. That and not sleep more than 5 hours a night for the last six months.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention... 2 days after the deadline mentioned above, I got an email from the school indicating that "recommender 1" had not uploaded their recommendation even though the website indicated that it was submitted. I immediately emailed my recommender, and they responded that from the airport waiting for a plane out of the country... forwarded the email to their assistant, who submitted the rec. the next day. Madness... good training for a high pressure job maybe, relaxing... not at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
wspfaris wrote:
dox wrote:

Well, for me this almost didn't even seem like a surprise. It's almost as if somebody is purposely trying to make me fail. For the first deadline, here's how it went the night before. Got home, internet crashed, never comes back on. Drove to Kinkos and used their computers. Emailed the essays back to myself/saved them on disk. Then got home and my computer couldn't recognize the version of MS Word that Kinkos had. Rewrote essays with saved handwritten notes and turned in on deadline date 30 minutes before cutoff.

Countless other things, but I still think everything will work out. I know most people would say that I should have completed them earlier, but the fact is I could not have completed them and maintained the quality. The only reason everything is gonna work out is because I have had to stay so OCD about everything... otherwise I would have failed 50 times over already. That and not sleep more than 5 hours a night for the last six months.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention... 2 days after the deadline mentioned above, I got an email from the school indicating that "recommender 1" had not uploaded their recommendation even though the website indicated that it was submitted. I immediately emailed my recommender, and they responded that from the airport waiting for a plane out of the country... forwarded the email to their assistant, who submitted the rec. the next day. Madness... good training for a high pressure job maybe, relaxing... not at all.

Sounds like you deserve a vacation! Hope everything works out in the end for you.
GMAT Club Bot