Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: St. Gallen Masters in Management - MA. HSG SIM? [#permalink]
burbano1ma wrote:
Is anyone applying for this Fall?

I am applying and submitted my documents on April 25th, but it still shows "Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung (Sie werden schriftlich benachrichtigt. Es können keine telefonischen Auskünfte gegeben werden)"

Has anyone had their portal show anything different?

Mine is on "materielle Prüfung II ok". Before it was on "formal vollständig"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
expertus wrote:

How long did it take from the day you submitted your documents to the day it changed to formal vollständig and later to materielle Prüfung II ok??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
burbano1ma wrote:
expertus wrote:

How long did it take from the day you submitted your documents to the day it changed to formal vollständig and later to materielle Prüfung II ok??

Well, I submitted the documents directly at the office and not via letter. It took about 3 days for the first change and then about a week. But "materielle Prüfung II ok" is just saying that basically all needed documents were submitted. The next step will take some time ("zugelassen mit Vorbehalt"). How is your profile?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey!

I applied on the 30th and sent them all the documents via the website. Although I got the confirmation email, my status is still "keine Unterlagen eingereicht" (no documents received). Was your status changed immeaditely?

What do you think about the magical 80 points (gmat+grades+cv+motivation)? Do you think that they will be very strict with cv and motivation?

Greetings from Austria!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elmariachi wrote:
Hey!

I applied on the 30th and sent them all the documents via the website. Although I got the confirmation email, my status is still "keine Unterlagen eingereicht" (no documents received). Was your status changed immeaditely?

What do you think about the magical 80 points (gmat+grades+cv+motivation)? Do you think that they will be very strict with cv and motivation?

Greetings from Austria!

I don't remember exactly, but it was at least like 5 days until it finally changed to"Unterlagen eingegangen/in Bearbeitung". Now 2 days ago it changed to "formal vollständig"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
elmariachi wrote:
Hey!

Greetings from Austria!

Hey !

Applied on the 30th as well ... ;)

Sent the documents like you did, it took me 2 days or so to get the "formal vollständig" and since today it is "materielle Prüfung II ok"

Good luck on your application, it is great to hear from people with this process underway

Just one thing, make sure your PDF files are UNDER 2MB each(you might need to resave them with a reduced quality) otherwise I think the documents are NOT submitted, I had the problem on the 30th and feaked out because 2 of them were over the authorized sized. Afterwards I resend the whole set of PDF but within the size constraint this time, and I immediately received a confirmation email saying "we received your documents, please wait a few day for proper examination of them"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got the confirmation "formal vollständig"... pheww... already got worried! :)

Now begins the big waiting. Does anyone know if they have a maximum number of students? If yes, what are they gonna do if the number of applicants with 80 "application points" exceeds this maximum? So many questions... :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elmariachi wrote:
Just got the confirmation "formal vollständig"... pheww... already got worried! :)

Now begins the big waiting. Does anyone know if they have a maximum number of students? If yes, what are they gonna do if the number of applicants with 80 "application points" exceeds this maximum? So many questions... :D

80 is not enough to pass for sure. You also need at least 15 points from max 20 of motivation letter and extracuricular activities. I think that is quite difficult to achieve and it is a subjective measurement. Therefore they can get the number they want.

For sure is only if you have at least 75 points from GMAT and grades, which means over 740 in GMAT and grades over 5.5. They told me usually only about 5 people get this direct admission. If you tell me your GMAT and grades and maybe the curriculum I could asses your chances ;)

Class number should be about 40 to 50 students and they told me, they get about 300 applications
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yeah, I am thinking the same way. They can easily drop everyone's letter of motivation score by 1 or 2 points in order to decrease the number of applicants. However, I think with grades and gmat, I'll get about 62 or 63 points, but I think I have realistic chances for 18 points in CV and LoM.

What do you mean by "assess your chances"? You think you know, how many points they give you for example for languages or exchange semesters?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
elmariachi wrote:
Yeah, I am thinking the same way. They can easily drop everyone's letter of motivation score by 1 or 2 points in order to decrease the number of applicants. However, I think with grades and gmat, I'll get about 62 or 63 points, but I think I have realistic chances for 18 points in CV and LoM.

What do you mean by "assess your chances"? You think you know, how many points they give you for example for languages or exchange semesters?

It is also possible to get in with less than 80 points, because there are 3 rounds, first round: direct entry for 75 points in grades and gmat, than the ones with 80 total and 15 from motivation and cv. In the last round they pick some interesting people from the remaining applications. They may also look at the diversity of the group

A lot of students applying to SIM have extremely nice CVs with a lot of extra activities and experience. So I believe high points will be difficult to achieve. With your 62/63 from grades/ GMAT it is really hard to tell if you get in, you have realistic chances but also the possibility that you are one of the unlucky ones, who were near to get in, but finally did not get in. It is very hard to tell. Good luck ;) If you read the postings of the last years, the ones with 720 upwards in GMAT got in, and 700, 710 some did it, and below 700 it is really difficult that you get in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It's true - really hard to tell how they assess the CV... I am curious how long it's finally going to take them to confirm or decline the applications. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
This whole thing is quite stressful. Not only it seems extremely hard to get in because all the applicants are of high caliber (expertus your profile is incredible) but it also looks like anything could happen in terms of the subjective nature of some part of the application (cv/international background/motivation letter) and considering the clear will to have a very diverse class.

good luck to everyone, let us know if there is a change of status !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fonda1957 wrote:
This whole thing is quite stressful. Not only it seems extremely hard to get in because all the applicants are of high caliber (expertus your profile is incredible) but it also looks like anything could happen in terms of the subjective nature of some part of the application (cv/international background/motivation letter) and considering the clear will to have a very diverse class.

good luck to everyone, let us know if there is a change of status !

Thanks, yes, I worked quite hard for it :) I think your 730 GMAT looks also quite nice. Sure we will be colleagues next year :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Hi guys,

good to see some other SIM applicants. I wish you all good luck.

I submitted my application on April 18th. With GMAT 760 and an overall 3.72 GPA I'm also aiming at the 75 points auto-quali ;)

Status is now materielle Prüfung II ok - no surprises here.

Best,
Chris
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cflysh wrote:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application on April 18th. With GMAT 760 and an overall 3.72 GPA I'm also aiming at the 75 points auto-quali ;)

Best,
Chris

Nice, where are you from ? ;)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
expertus wrote:
cflysh wrote:
Hi guys,

Best,
Chris

Nice, where are you from ? ;)

Austria... no diversity points here ;)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am also applying to the SIM program, and I have a little question:

Do you think the calculation of the "Swiss GPA" is simply mathematical? Do you know if they pay attention to the school/university you are coming from to assess your application?

Thanks for your reply and nice to meet you :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts