Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Send PM
Re: Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) MSc in International Business 2016 [#permalink]
Hi! I'm applying for the 2016 intake for the MSc in International Business as well :)

Here's my profile:
Bachelor's in Economics and Management with a 3,5/4 GPA from a fairly good (but probably unknown to SSE) italian university
TOEFL: 108
GMAT: 720 (Q47, V41, yet to receive my AWA score)
Erasmus exchange semester in Stockholm
3 months internship in a project management company in Slovakia
Other not relevant working experience

I still don't know what my chances are and if I'll get an invitation to the assessment center, but if that's the case, do you guys know how it works?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) MSc in International Business 2016 [#permalink]
maddicus wrote:
Hi! I'm applying for the 2016 intake for the MSc in International Business as well :)

Here's my profile:
Bachelor's in Economics and Management with a 3,5/4 GPA from a fairly good (but probably unknown to SSE) italian university

I still don't know what my chances are and if I'll get an invitation to the assessment center, but if that's the case, do you guys know how it works?

Hi maddicus,

I applied before November 15th and on December 9th I received an invitation to the AC that will take place in late February. The invitation e-mail explains what will be evaluated and how.

My profile:
Bachelor in Economics at a top 5 Brazilian university (current in senior year) with a GPA 6.3/10 (a bit low, but a GPA above 7.5 in Economics is very rare here).
GMAT 760 (Q49/V44/IR 8/AWA 4)
TOEFL 107
1-year exchange in New Zealand
13-month internship in a leading Nordic bank (and ongoing)

Good luck, and hopefully we will meet next summer!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) MSc in International Business 2016 [#permalink]
Hello guys,

I am also applying for CEMS MIM at SSE for the January intake. Here is my profile:

Bachelors Degree: BSc Business Administration with Human Resources Honours from University of London.
Gpa: 3.38/4.00
Ielts: exempt
Gmat: Due January
Lived and studied in Sweden, UK and India
Languages: Swedish, English, German, Hindi and Marathi.
Work Experience: Currently working as a recruiter with Teach for India.
Previously worked: Diehl Metal India (German MNC), Brandon Trust (Uk). And a few more internships in UK and Sweden.

I dont know what my chances are, hope to get the interview. Fingers Crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow guys, your profiles are so strong! Good luck to all of you :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) MSc in International Business 2016 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I think most of you guys have a pretty good profile and should not worry about your chances at SSE.

From past experience i can say that SSE takes up students if they like their profile & achievements, even if their GMAT score is not particularly high.

Usually if you have an assortment of extra curricular activities, good academics & tangible work experience, you will not have a problem.
Having International experience is a super plus point.

If you would like a more comprehensive review, you can take the Free profile evaluation at https://mim-essay.com/profile-evaluation?gcf

It will help me to give you a better assessment of your strengths and weaknesses.

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 28 Dec 2015, 05:37.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 08 Nov 2019, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,

I'm not applying this year, but I'm planning on applying some time in the future. I plan on applying for the MSc Economics (with a possible 2nd choice of either International Business or Business & Management) and was wondering if anyone could give me (and of course other people as well) some advice as to how to maximize the chance of getting in. For instance what is the main thing they look at? My GPA is currently probably average(or maybe even just below that) and I think I can get it to a max of about 7.5/10(not sure how that number would exactly translate to an international GPA standard...). Thing is that I'm pretty sure I can get a pretty good GMAT score (my GPA is most likely a result of lack in motivation, not lack in skill, but I doubt that will do any good in my motivation letter ;)) so I'm hoping that they'll look mostly at that.
I also read that I get to choose between either GMAT or GRE for testing my knowledge; is either better or worse than the other, or will doing both be useful?
Also does somebody have any tips on relevant work experience and/or extracurricular activities. I currently got a job which is not really relevant but I hear a lot that work and extra activities can really improve your chances and I still got some time, so I would love to hear some advice.
Any other relevant info or tips are of course also very welcome.

EDIT: perhaps useful to know; I'm currently doing my Bachelor Economics & Business-economics on a 'decent' university in Europe(decent as in not top tier, but not bad either), and I'm thinking of doing a minor in computer science.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am applying for Accounting & Financial Management. Just got the same AWA – 4.0 only. However, my total score is lower – 730 (Q49 V40 IR8). I can't retake as there is no seats available during the next week, and only a week left to apply.

mtcalvarenga wrote:
I applied before November 15th and on December 9th I received an invitation to the AC that will take place in late February.

Does the invitation to the assessment center mean you got admitted? On SSE website it looks like all those who apply for International Business have to visit the AC.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi zheka,

The AC is a requirement to be accepted in the CEMS MiM program. As the International Business students in SSE are also automatically enrolled in the CEMS program, the AC takes place prior to admission. I'm not sure of how many people are invited to the AC, but there is definitely the possibility to be rejected in this stage.

Anyone here has detailed information on the AC?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey zheka with a GMAT of 730 i really don't think you need to worry about low AWA's.
Just make sure you cover in your application SOP/essays the reason for your low scores and what you bring to the student body instead, and you should be just fine.
A well framed application can really do wonders in such tricky situations.
Check out https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-essay-help.html for some tips on writing the essays.

Also the invitation may be a step in the right direction meaning that you have crossed the preliminary round.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
maddicus wrote:

Here's my profile:

Hey guys, i just got the invite for the MIB program, with Rotterdam as the exchange university. It was my first preference.

Anyone else got the invite? We could make a https://gmatclub.com/chat/facebook page
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got in as well!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Me too :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, I am applying for the 2017 intake for the CEMS/IB program at SSE, can anyone of you give me any information about the assessment centre and what to expect, would really appreciate any advice.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts