Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 421 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5416 [1]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 421 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5416 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: stuck in my gmat score [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi pikachu,

First, if you haven't done yet, you need to study all the concepts in Quant and Verbal. Then only the tests would give a realistic picture of your weaknesses. For quant also you should go through the MGMAT books and solve and analyze the OG questions. MGMAT has divided the concepts in to basic and advanced. As you are around 37 in quant, the best approach for you would be to first do all the basic chapters (along with the OG questions mentioned at the end of each chapter). Once, you have finished the basic stuff from MGMAT, go for the Advanced concepts + OG questions. If you do this, I am sure that you will see a minimum 5 (max 10+ :-)) point increase in your score.

If you are still in the studying the basics stuff, the do not spend a lot of time analyzing your weaknesses. Just make a note of the questions that you get incorrect and revisit them later.

To sum up

Take first GMATPrep test to know your current level and set intermediate goal (say 600+ or 620) --> Study all the basic quant concepts + OG --> Study all the advanced quant concepts + OG --> take MGMAT practice tests + analysis of all questions and identify what you got incorrect, if you reached your intermediate goal then increase it to say 650 --> do more questions in weak areas and build speed --> take another test and so on .... ---> actual GMAT

As I said in my earlier post, before doing anything take one GMATPrep test to set your intermediate and final goals.

Vercules
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Enjoy the process of becoming better at GMAT. You are focusing too much on the end result - GMAT score and not on the process. You have been studying for 2 months with little improvement. Would suggest you to not give a full length test for the coming two months. It may sound crazy but this would take the pressure out of the system. How would you prepare for a boxing match ? first you master one move, then another and so on. What will happen if you try all moves at once. You would remain forever at the starting level. Hope this makes some sense.
First focus on either quant or verbal.Would say Quant as that is relatively weak and easier to improve by large amounts. Finish OG13 and MGMAT Books/Total GMAT Math twice. This would take 1 month. Then focus on SC for 2-3 weeks practicing quant 4-5 hours/week to keep in touch. Then give a full length tests. Read the debrief below for more description on the boxing/body building analogy.

https://www.urch.com/forums/just-finishe ... post152529
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Have you considered just taking a break on GMAT and trying GRE?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 32883 [0]
Given Kudos: 4455
Send PM
downfeath wrote:
Have you considered just taking a break on GMAT and trying GRE?

take a pause from the exam and Go for Gmat. forget about GRE in my opinion (strictly personal, but reasoned)
GMAT Club Bot