Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: Suggestion needed on retaking the Exam [#permalink]
Hi again.

When I said I improved from a 29 to a 34 .. I am refering to the scale scored on the official results on the GMAT on the Verbal section.
After the first time I took the test I looked for a different approach on how to engage the questions specially SC, so I went back to the basics, I carefully read the SC MGMAT and correlate the information in the chapters with the OG excersices and the SC questions I got from both GMAT PREP test and MGMAT CAT, here I will say the most important thing, is not to try 10000 or a million questions. The way you can improve is to analyze both the correct and incorrect questions you had. And try to fin which topic or topics the question is testing. Once you discovered what are they really testing, try to apply what you know from the theory to the question, it is crucial to identify what are they are really trying to test. And apply a systematic approach to each of the questions.

I like the MGMAT approach on SC but that worked for me. At the same time I agree that even after reading the SC MGMAT you will face difficulties in trying to apply the concepts. I looked for another source in order to complement my preparation I used both e-gmat SC course and GMAT-PILL SC pill. I think both are good in their own way.

e-gmat covers a wide variety of theory, and their explanations are really good. On the other hand GMAT-PILL offers a different approach, more focused I would say in trying to evaluate the questions quickly by finding some kind of pattern. I am not saying one is better than the other, I am just trying to explain my experience.

Practice is really important, maybe you should try the veritas platform, which is cost free and you can practice a lot of questions, they provide explanations when you finish to answer the questions. Also the GMAT PILL offers a platform with sc questions if you want to try for free. Most of the answers and explanations are either here on the gmatclub or in the MGMAT forums.

I will take the whole examn again, there is no other way. Also if you wanna push your math a bit further try to exhaust all the math questions from the MCAT and GMATPREP, but once again the important thing is not just make a bunch of questions, is how to approach the questions and identify which topic is being evaluated, and then remember the possible ways the exam will try to trick you..

On the CR, I difinetly think that I have a problem there, I am not able to get the high difficulty questions right most of the time. I am re-reading the CR MGMAT and the CR power soruce book.. The last one I have to say it goes a bit deeper on the concepts of CR, I am confident that this will help me to improve my performance on CR.

Still considering on buying acces to the CR section on the e-gmat... still not sure about it..

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Suggestion needed on retaking the Exam [#permalink]