Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:19 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks julia. ya, simon still says they are processing and hope to send out emails later this week or next week. And you are right. they were on winter break this close to spring !!!

deeps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi All,
Got accepted in Simon School. :-D They are giving huge amount of stipend (around $25,000/year) and also $1000 for educational/research purpose. I am so much delighted. It was one of my dream schools. The stipend amount is suppoed to increase in the following years (around $27000 and $30000). I wonder how they provide this huge amount. Even CMU and Minnesota are giving less.

Anyways, the classes start on July 10th; so I will be there sometime in June. Anybody else going there ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
phdguy06 wrote:
Hi All,
Got accepted in Simon School. :-D They are giving huge amount of stipend (around $25,000/year) and also $1000 for educational/research purpose. I am so much delighted. It was one of my dream schools. The stipend amount is suppoed to increase in the following years (around $27000 and $30000). I wonder how they provide this huge amount. Even CMU and Minnesota are giving less.

Anyways, the classes start on July 10th; so I will be there sometime in June. Anybody else going there ?

Congrats! Simon is an excellent school with good placement record. However, I heard that the school has very high expectation of their students and the drop-out rate is very high.

Anyway, all the best!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Simon does have a very quant heavy program. But I have seen many of its graduates at top schools.

Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
phdguy06, Congrats.. It is so nice to hear someone getting the acceptance even at this late stage. I wish you all the best.

Can you tell what area of study you are in? I am still waiting to hear from them on Ops Mgt, and stationed in Fiji and shuttling to Australia constantly, I am unable to talk to them in person due to timings. Still keeping my fingers crossed

Deeps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
curious if anyone heard back (accepted or not accepted) from the schools.... it seemed like the dialouge for this year applicants has died off and moved on to 2007.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Julia,
Just an update. I got dinged at Simon ,Kellogg and Duke. Now pondering what to do. Not sure whether to re-attempt or not, next year.
I will probably continue to be in Australia for a while now !!!

All the best at Rotman. I am glad for you.

Deeps
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Deeps:

I got dinged too at Kellogg and Simon.

Thank you for your wishes. Please don't be discouraged. If you decided to apply for next year's program, I wish you good luck and all the best.

Julia
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In at UMN for finance [#permalink]
Hi,
I have acepted Univ of Minn.'s Ph.D. program in finance. The offer came pretty late (Apr 06). The I20 has not reached yet. Waiting for the visa.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is time to bump this topic up. Who has received the feedbacks from Berkeley, Stanford, PSU, Austin and so on? I expect something to happen this week (mostly on W, Th and F).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm waiting for a feedback from for Berkeley, Stanford, Wharton and Kelley... their programs deadlines were december 1 and december 15. I hope I will get a sign from them as soon as possible... I'm not enjoying this waiting game too much! :-D

Yesterday Purdue sent me an e-mail telling that they will start to review apps in mid-February and that they will communicate their decisions by May 1.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm expecting to hear from the schools after end Feb. At least this is what I'm trying to get myself to expect and believe. :lol: But I still check the emails and school's system regularly (read: 2 times everyday), for no valid reasons.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Recieved an interview request about 2 days back. Top 20 B-sch (MBA).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 361 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
well done tkkoh!!! and good luck with the interview...

i haven't heard anything yet....

although i try to convince myself that i'd wait until end february.... i must say i was dissapointed not hear anything by now....i'm starting to feel that my chances are not so high...

anyway... good luck with your interview... tell us how it goes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tkkoh's interview call [#permalink]
Tkkoh ,
Congrats ! I think this opens the account for the GMAT club forum. All the best for the interview. Can you please share the the name of the univ ? It will really help all of us other ' waiters ' Is it a school with 15 December / 1 December deadline ?
J.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Post-Jan deadline. I would reveal more details on the school at a later date. Thanks for your understanding. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i've applied to 23 doctoral programs for fall 2007 in ob/hr, it sounds like a lot but most of them are reach schools for me that i don't expect to get into. i have been on 1 invited interview/recruiting event (i hope to get an acceptance soon) and 3 scheduled visits to speak with professors.

the waiting is killing me...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4391 posts