Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:LBS
 Q49  V42
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q47  V38
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2009 thread [#permalink]
this is just so wrong and annoying... all of you guys in the round 3 of MiM have got your decisions and I am still due to have my interview this week!!!! Just in case someone is interested in whats the reason for the delay: LBS couldn't locate a alum in the whole of Saudi Arabia to interview me... I said "anywhere, anyone in Saudi!" and the reply came,"we are still trying to locate someone!!!" Anyway they have found this guy in the Eastern Region, and guess what.. he's in the country for a week to do some consultancy and he has somehow agreed to fit me in for an interview... In the mean time LBS has admitted ppl in the MiM like its the end of the world... the last thing I want now is that they say we have run out of seats.. sorry...nice try... better luck next year... This will definitely be a tight finish or a real anti-climax (if I get dinged)!

Someone wish me luck, please!
Current Student
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Best of Luck MJ!

sure u will make it, just get ur interview done quickly :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
If it makes you feel any better there is no cutoff for the size of the class. If you do well, you'll probably make it.

Good luck.

MJ2009 wrote:
this is just so wrong and annoying... all of you guys in the round 3 of MiM have got your decisions and I am still due to have my interview this week!!!! Just in case someone is interested in whats the reason for the delay: LBS couldn't locate a alum in the whole of Saudi Arabia to interview me... I said "anywhere, anyone in Saudi!" and the reply came,"we are still trying to locate someone!!!" Anyway they have found this guy in the Eastern Region, and guess what.. he's in the country for a week to do some consultancy and he has somehow agreed to fit me in for an interview... In the mean time LBS has admitted ppl in the MiM like its the end of the world... the last thing I want now is that they say we have run out of seats.. sorry...nice try... better luck next year... This will definitely be a tight finish or a real anti-climax (if I get dinged)!

Someone wish me luck, please!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
prashok wrote:
zuperman wrote:
I have started getting a feel of things but one information that still eludes me is what kind of profile do these colleges want... I know that these colleges always look at the 'complete package' rather than just one aspect of it but somehow my gut feeling is that the decision criteria is generally based on your acads & recommendation....which is what discourages me from applying. Not that I have bad acads but was not a merit ranker or something nor I have a backing of some LBS or Harvard alumni. Do we have someone in this forum who's got an admit but doesn't agree to the same?

I concur with bsd_lover on this. My recommendations were pretty standard -- both of my recommenders had never heard of LBS previously, and I don't know any alums or current students. Furthermore, my academics were subpar (GPA barely above 3.00), though I think my GMAT counteracted that.

Thus, I do believe that work experience and essays can play a major factor in your candidacy -- especially if it can compensate for other areas. As mentioned, LBS has been known to invite candidates to retake the GMAT if the rest of their profile was impressive -- so it sounds like they really will evaluate the "complete package."

This site has been very inspiring & am really motivated to give the entire application my best shot without an iota of pessimism.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 307 [0]
Send PM
way to go zuperman!
btw, ru applying for 2010 intake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
I am....But still haven't taken my GMAT date or anything. Will be drawing a timeline soon to chart out what needs to be done by when based on the college cut-off dates.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1029 [0]
Concentration: General
 Q50  V34
Send PM
what is the class size for the MBA prog? tried to search, but could not get info...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi last year the class size was appx 330, but they have increased the class size to about 390 this year.

arjtryarjtry wrote:
what is the class size for the MBA prog? tried to search, but could not get info...
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD
 Q47  V44
Send PM
today received the interview invite for r3. any tipps for the interview prep?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Good stuff Elderas. Take it easy during the interview. If possible, schedule it with an alum in your home city / country. Try to make it into a conversation and not a formal interview and just be yourself.

Good luck.

Elderas wrote:
today received the interview invite for r3. any tipps for the interview prep?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Schools:Oxford
 Q50  V49
Send PM
mmmmba wrote:
Is anyone applying in the last round for LBS ??

Was thinking about it. I've suddenly gotten keen on a UK MBA...

Emailed the adcom and they said candidates have an equal chance of being accepted in every round. I'm sure that is utter crap, but I figure I might as well send in an app and find out.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi Bokke - what they've told you is probably all hogwash. Especially since they've made a LOT of offers already.
Having said that, its not over yet. The very best of luck. We'd love to have another gmatclubber on board. When do they release interviews for R4 ?

Bokke wrote:
mmmmba wrote:
Is anyone applying in the last round for LBS ??

Was thinking about it. I've suddenly gotten keen on a UK MBA...

Emailed the adcom and they said candidates have an equal chance of being accepted in every round. I'm sure that is utter crap, but I figure I might as well send in an app and find out.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
around what time of the year did LBS release the essay questions in 2008 ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
:beer We are taking over !!!! muhuhahhaha :twisted:

MJ2009 wrote:
.....and finally after the longest admission process among all my grad-school applications LBS has agreed to admit me... Thanks for the support LBS thread ppl... and BSD_lover (deserves a special mention) :)
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
i know, i know, its quite early for this question BUT, where do the students usually live?
bsd_lover you have been to the campus, any idea?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Haha contrary to popular belief - I've never been to campus. But, most students tend to flat in the neighboring suburbs of Maida Vale, St. Johns Wood etc. Have a look in the Accommodation offered / wanted forums in the portal and do a bit of Google mapping to get a rough idea of the suburbs and the types of houses you are likely to find. There is also an extremely well written "survival guide" for london written by former LBS students. This document is available on the portal, read it well.

Good luck.
MJ2009 wrote:
i know, i know, its quite early for this question BUT, where do the students usually live?
bsd_lover you have been to the campus, any idea?
Current Student
 Q47  V38
Send PM
MAJOR Problem!! I just got my USB and when I inserted it.. it gave me two options: run pics.exe or open files... I clicked on "run pics.exe" and the the dvd-drive popped out.. I tried it again and that same thing keeps happening and no pics open !!!! ... I opened the USB drive to view the files and I can see 4 folder and 1 "autorun" file which if u double click opens as notepad with some coding on it... the other 4 folders are "DOCUMENTS", "PICS", "MIM 2010_OFFER PACK" and "FUN"... if i try to open any of them the same DVD-DRIVE popping out circus happens... only the "MIM 2010_OFFER PACK" has .pdf files in it which I can open ... WHAT DO I DO?!?! HELP... how do i see the "documents", the "pics" and the "fun"?!?!?!?! Its sunday today and LBS is closed, which is why I am desperately asking for help here!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts