Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 15:52 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:LBS R3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: ICAEW ACA
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Cambridge (R4 - interview invite) LBS (R3 - interview)
 Q45  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: MBA
Schools:LBS, LSE & Cass
WE 1: 6 years
Send PM
Re: The London Business School 2010 thread [#permalink]
Kudos
got an invite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
E-mails are rolling now...I just received invite for interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bdbbrooklyn wrote:
Haven't received an invite but also haven't received an email ding. Is the fact that I didn't get an interview email a ding? Anyone else still waiting?

I also didn´t receive any mail... Still waiting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
Kudos
I think it will be same as with the interview decisions. LBS is always very sharp on the deadlines. But this last day of waiting is always the worst :-)
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
anonymousworld wrote:
On Current Employment Page:

Hey there buddy.
Well the first thing to keep in mind is that the application form is like any other part of your application (Resume. Essays. etc.) in that IN ADDITION to answering the question, this is a great opportinity for you to promote yourself (which should explain some of the logic behind my answers....)

Now on to your questions, piece by piece:

1. What's your organisation's main area of activity?:
Am I supposed to describe my internal team or the overall business?

Whichever is better for you. Meaning if you are in a unique and rare and very demanded niche, you should definitely be mentioning that rather than the overall business. If there is nothing special, then go with the overall industry. (If you mention the niche, you should ALSO mention the overall, after all the question asks for your ORGANISATION)

2. Number of Employees:

Seems to be asking for overall

On the Previous Employment page:
Number of Employees:

Overall

Education
Do you feel that your academic performance so far gives an accurate indication of your potential for success on the programme? If so, why? If not, why not?
Would you explain a 3.5?

No!!!! That would seem very nitpicky.

Additional Information
Tell us about your main interests and activities in your free time*
Any advice on how would you answer this?

Tell the truth, trying to make yourself as interesting and diverse seeming as possible. Sport, culture, business, hobbies, etc. Get as much interesting stuff as you can,

We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response? Feel free to give the names of members of the school community (alumni, students, faculty, staff etc) as appropriate.*

Again, you should be telling the truth here. They do want to see of course 1. that your family/significant other/friend are very supportive 2. that you have some connection with the LBS community. 3. You can also consider showing how you doing LBS will impact their lives positively as well

Which other schools have you applied to?

Here normally I recommend to write all the schools that are not obviously better. So since LBS is one of the best in Europe, you shouldn't have too much fo a problem here. If you were applying to HBS or Stanford I might omit them from the answer.

Hope this helps dude...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Good stuff pmenon. Best of luck.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Send PM
FYI to those interested in visiting a class @ LBS: I emailed them to find out when class visits would resume this fall, and was told that they would begin 'mid-October'.

Not the greatest news for those of us who haven't visited and want to apply in R1 (I believe traditionally the R1 deadline has also been mid-October).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
I am in, provided LBS has some kinda setup for loans (for intl students). BSD,can you share some thoughts ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
sniper LBS has a partnership with HSBC to provide student loans to international students. Theoretically upto 50K GBP can be borrowed, however, realistically (and also due to the crisis) only 40K is usually being approved. This loan can be paired with other loans from the applicants' home countries (such as Stafford loans for US citizens).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
 Q51  V34
Send PM
I'm joining the ring - LBS is one of the schools I am seriously targeting!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 535 [0]
Send PM
Yay, good to see some movement on this thread ! :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Hi all!

I'll be applying in R1 but I've started working on the essays because it seems as though they change very slightly from year to year. I'd love a second (and third, fourth, fifth, etc) pair of eyes to look at them once I'm done so shoot me a PM if you're interested!

Some background: 24/F, will be 26 with 3 years of experience in sales and marketing at matriculation (assuming I get in, of course!); was born in Poland but lived in Kuwait, France, and the States until the end of high school. Went to university in Bangladesh and majored in English Literature (GPA: 3.58); GMAT: 760. While the bulk of my international experience is literally based on the first 18 odd years of my life abroad, I've also had a substantial amount of intl work experience during my two years in this company as we have to attend seminars every 6 months with colleagues from all over the globe to work and bond.

Goal: To break into consulting!

Question for the lucky ducks who've been admitted this year: I understand you're automatically considered for some of the need/merit based scholarships upon admission, but can you still apply for the external scholarships (i.e. Goldman Sachs, Booz Allen Hamilton, etc) whose deadlines are in June? Does the "one scholarship" rule apply only to LBS funded scholarships? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback :)

Another question, do I have to explain why I don't have recommendations from my current/former supervisors (I've rotated through departments in the same company; they've been asked not to "assist" any former trainees leave the company. I know, it scares me too) in the optional essay? I know LBS understands that applicants can't always ask their direct supervisors for recommendations but my situation seems a bit hardcore.

I can obtain letters from my other colleagues (one of them being a manager that I worked under but did not directly report to).
SVP
SVP
Send PM
In one word - no its not important. I used colleagues who I worked for / with 3-4 years ago.

sharshar84 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback :)

Another question, do I have to explain why I don't have recommendations from my current/former supervisors (I've rotated through departments in the same company; they've been asked not to "assist" any former trainees leave the company. I know, it scares me too) in the optional essay? I know LBS understands that applicants can't always ask their direct supervisors for recommendations but my situation seems a bit hardcore.

I can obtain letters from my other colleagues (one of them being a manager that I worked under but did not directly report to).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
I'm in for round one too. Hoping for a better outcome the second time around. I applied back in 2007, got waitlisted and eventually dinged. Looking back, I think it was because of my low quant score (I scored a 690 overall, but only in the 63rd percentile for quant) and my non-traditional work background (government). With two more years under my belt and solid progress on the work side, I'm hoping for better news this cycle. Best of luck to everyone.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey gnr good to see you back. I remember you; we were WLed at the same time. I'm rooting for ya this year - I'm sure it'll go better.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts