Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:13 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 542 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: To take or not to take... [#permalink]
bmillan01 wrote:
If you have already finished the three OG books and feel comfortable with those questions, look into the GMATClub Tests. They're extremely challenging, but will strengthen your math skills.

See, my problem is that I overestimated my zeal for studying. It was summer, work picked up, and instead of sticking to a plan I've ended up doing maybe 50-60%. I was planning an ambitious +4 hours a day on average, but I ended up with much less...

I went thru:
- OG 12th
- All MGMAT Books
- 2 diag prep tests

I haven't really touched:
- Kaplan book
- GMATCLUB questions
- Verbal and Quant OG
- MGMAT Online repositories
- Powerscore books
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Some of those unfinished books are probably not necessary. I think that you will be fine with the eight Manhattan guides, the OG, and GMATClub Tests.

You can also complete the six Manhattan online tests, but the GMATClub Tests are better for quant. You can also reinstall the GMATPrep software, but since you practiced with two tests already, view any additional tests as a confidence booster rather than a reliable score estimator. They might inflate your actual performance.

And take the test whenever you're ready. If you truly need another two or three weeks, then reschedule. The GMAT requires hard work and consistency. If you feel that something is lacking in your preparation, then do whatever is necessary to correct this problem.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know I'm dragging the subject (if it was a horse, I'd say I'm beating it ;P), so I'll make it short:

If I take the test not fully prepared one benefit would be seeing hands on how the real experience is. It would cost me $250 to do so.

If I decide to reschedule ( I'm thinking about giving myself 40-50 extra days), it will cost me $50.

Do you think it's worth rescheduling or retaking?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing - Product Management
Schools:Berkeley Haas, UCLA Anderson, NYU Stern
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Financially it almost sounds like it would make more sense to re-schedule (especially since you sound so confident that you'll be retaking in which case $(GMAT + Rescheduling) < $(GMAT x2)). Why not just save yourself the time & money, and reschedule?
GMAT Club Bot