Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: TOEFL 100, Prepared for 2 days!! [#permalink]
To all,
I'm taking the test on Nov.29 or Dec.6, these tips I found here r really helpfull. Let me follow it from today Nov.20 till Day D then I will feed you guys back.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Helllo,
I found this club when I was googling for TOEFL tips, then I joined it.
Actually I'm about to apply for MA in International Development and programs alike (which require GRE) and not necessarily MBA. Is there any club related to my program ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
That's amazing - good job!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
www studentbounty com - you can get pastpapers here
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
TOEFL 100, Prepared for 2 days!! [#permalink]
Hey I followed what you did, only that instead of 2 days i did all that a day before the exam. Got my Results today.
108 on 120
Reading-27
Listening-28
Speaking-26
Writing-27(expected more :( but can't complain)

Thanks mate! and Joseph from Notefull, Bless you!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
This is my first post in gmatclub though I have been a member for quite some time. I am from India. When I started to prepare for my TOEFL, I was searching for some good sources that could help preparing in a short time. I was really lucky to see this post. I had 10 days before my TOEFL when I saw this post. This post is really really helpful. And by following the tips and resources shared in this post I got a 111 in just 10 days.
Reading - 27; Speaking - 26; Listening and Writing - 29;

GMATCLUB is a boon for mba aspirants. It helped me a lot in preparing for my GMAT.
When I couldn't cross 660 in my two GMAT attempts, gmatclub helped me a lot in providing lots and lots of valuable resources for both quant and verbal.
I sincerely thank the founder and the math guru Bunuel for their wonderful posts. Rons videos from MGMAT are awesome resources for verbal preparation.
Thanks a lot again. I finally got 720 in GMAT. Without the questions and practice that I got in gmatclub, I would not have crossed 700 at all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I want to thank you all and especially daviesj for the great advices you've given, it has been of great help.
I have just received my TOEFL results and got a score of 116/120 (R30;L29;S28;W29). I prepared for about 5 days (intensively though) and it went really well!
The test in itself was really stressful but without any suprise (except maybe for the listening test that did appear to be harder than expected). If I had to give one tip: do as many practice tests as it takes for you to be confident, because if you stress during the speaking section that's going to be problematic.
Anyway, thank you again for everything, and merry Christmas everyone !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1143 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V21
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Termiduck wrote:
I want to thank you all and especially daviesj for the great advices you've given, it has been of great help.
I have just received my TOEFL results and got a score of 116/120 (R30;L29;S28;W29). I prepared for about 5 days (intensively though) and it went really well!
The test in itself was really stressful but without any suprise (except maybe for the listening test that did appear to be harder than expected). If I had to give one tip: do as many practice tests as it takes for you to be confident, because if you stress during the speaking section that's going to be problematic.
Anyway, thank you again for everything, and merry Christmas everyone !

Congrats n Cheers!!!
Happy new year to you all!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am preparing for TOEFL right now. I want to prepare for my TOEFL exam. Where could I get practice tests?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Davies J ... I used your suggestions and a few more tests on the websites. I prepared for around 4 days. The test went pretty well but i expected to get somewhere near 100.
I just received my scores and i got 108/120.
Reading :- 25 (expected more !)
Listening :- 27
Speaking:- 26
Writing:- 30

Thanks to GMAT club.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Daviesj for sharing your plan. It was extremely helpful. I got my results last night and I got a 116! :) . .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1143 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V21
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Good to know that my debrief is helping many people.
Happy for you all...Cheers!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi!

Thank you for all the tips in your post. I barely had a day - a day and a half to prepare for my TOEFL test and the tips and links that you shared became the starting point for me in preparing for the test.

I scored 111 in the test and I owe you a big thank you for it!

Best Regards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot. Prepared for 1.5 days. Score(101)-Reading-23,Listening-29,Speaking-22, Writing-27. Along with your references, downloaded and took Toefl free sampler from ets website.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TOEFL 100, Prepared for 2 days!! [#permalink]
Hello! Thank you so much for this. I have been looking for free toefl prep online and could find nothing, literally! Okay, so my test is on the 7th f March and I have bought this book: Kaplan Toefl IBT premier 2014-2015 but the problem is that I just bought the book and therefore do not have online access to their practice tests. What can I do to prepare and ace the toefl within this time frame (8 days left only).

P.S: This is my first time at it and I want to give my best shot because I won't be giving it again. I am going to U.S for uni and although they need an 80+ I want to score a 100+ I would be EXTREMELY grateful for any hep and tips. Also, could you please tell me where I can find free Full Length Practice tests?

Thanks,

Anne

Also, could you please read my essay and score it, please? I wrote about 300 words and finished it 20 mins before time. Thanks. --

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Both parents should have an equal responsibility in child rearing.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Essay:
I believe that both parents have individual responsibilities towards their children. Father's are usually the bread earners of the family and mothers are the housewives who raise the children. However, this is ideally a custom in most Eastern countries. In the west responsibilities of child rearing and earning for the family are equally shared. Mothers usually work side by side to support the finances. In eastern side of the world families are at advantage when they live together as a joint family. Mothers do not have to worry about their children the whole time as there are other people who are usually willing to take care of the young ones of the family. This is an advantage of a joint-family system.

However, due to privacy issues many families in the west think of it as absurd to live with two or more generations altogether in one house. They are justified in their beliefs as personal space is also a key in rearing children with a healthy attitude. Aside from the such families, responsibilities increase as people start living as a nuclear family.

Personally, I believe that a mother has to do more work compared to a father if she is not a housewife. She has to work and earn a living for the family as well as raise her children. Therefore I believe that the fathers should participate too, be it from changing diapers, washing the child's feeding utensils or waking up in the middle of the night when they wake up. There is a lot more than this when raising a child but a mother would be much better at it and that is to read bed time stories and cuddle with the child so that he or she may have a good night's sleep. Both parents therefore have equal responsibilities in raising children.
--
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you guys for your advices. I'm now preparing for toefl and I am fearing of what will happen. Looking at your post I hope to have good score on test day.

But I have one question for you. How do you deal with the speaking step where one have to listen to a talk and read a text, and make after connexion with the two topics? Thanks agian for your help
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hello everyone,

I just got over with my GRE and have toefl exam (ibt) in 6 days. I have not prepared anything as yet. although i have been preparing words and passages for gre so not really a prob with that section,but what i want guidance about is speaking and listening section. and yes, if the reading and writing part is not analogous with GRE exam, then help me with that also.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4386 posts