Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:42 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Tree-hugging for the summer? [#permalink]
3underscore wrote:
In answer to Lepium - I was always going for the worst of the worst as far as not-for-profit interests, and little has changed. Except sub-prime, I suppose.

I always knew you were a lost cause. But I expected more from Aau. :cry:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, i missed this post and it was all about ME! How can that be?

But first, a brief word from our sponsors: I AM SO FREAKING GLAD I AM NOT DOING TAXES THIS YEAR!!!

Anyway, I AM going corporate this summer. I think you bottom line freaks sometimes get a few things right, and I am going to steal your knowledge to use it against you in the upcoming war between my kind and yours. I am building an army and you will all be destroyed.

Really, my thought is that I came to b-school to learn about business. I figured I might as well go into business and get my head wet, instead of just my feet. And I think that everyone should at one point work in retail, wait tables, do something in the private sector, and do something in the social sector. It's like learning a foreign language or going on exchange. It's just a good idea.

Lepium, what kind of NP work you thinking about? I just heard a great presentation by a guy from Common Good Ventures, essentially a nonprofit consultancy in Maine...pretty Maine, lovely Maine, all summer....they get MBAs each summer - lots of dukies, but he said they'd had HBS and Wharton as well.
VP
VP
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
Really, my thought is that I came to b-school to learn about business. I figured I might as well go into business and get my head wet, instead of just my feet. And I think that everyone should at one point work in retail, wait tables, do something in the private sector, and do something in the social sector. It's like learning a foreign language or going on exchange. It's just a good idea.

Lepium, what kind of NP work you thinking about? I just heard a great presentation by a guy from Common Good Ventures, essentially a nonprofit consultancy in Maine...pretty Maine, lovely Maine, all summer....they get MBAs each summer - lots of dukies, but he said they'd had HBS and Wharton as well.

Aau, your plans do make a lot of sense. In my case I'm considering Endeavor and a couple of similar projects in Africa. Basically consulting to entrepreneurs as a means to foster economic development or consulting for social projects. I'll look into Common Good, as well. Thanks for the heads up.

L.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Send PM
lepium wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

Aau, your plans do make a lot of sense. In my case I'm considering Endeavor and a couple of similar projects in Africa. Basically consulting to entrepreneurs as a means to foster economic development or consulting for social projects. I'll look into Common Good, as well. Thanks for the heads up.

L.

are you on the net impact list? It costs about $25 a year, but there are lots of NP jobs, and CSR jobs too.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Send PM
lepium, what are you doing this summer?

And I think I will be in Beantown sometime during the first week of June. Ndhlp is scheduled to do something science-y at some kind of science-y conference. Since I will be in the great northeast for the summer and starting the second week or June, i thought I'd tag along.

You gonna be around?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Lepium,

I was quite interested in Endeavor but they got back to me after I had already accepted an offer. I am sure it will make for an interesting summer if you decide to go with them.

lepium wrote:
aaudetat wrote:

L.
VP
VP
Send PM
aaudetat wrote:
lepium, what are you doing this summer?

And I think I will be in Beantown sometime during the first week of June. Ndhlp is scheduled to do something science-y at some kind of science-y conference. Since I will be in the great northeast for the summer and starting the second week or June, i thought I'd tag along.

You gonna be around?

Aau, I´m still fine tuning the job search but it's unlikely I'll be in Boston in June. Last final is May 21st and I'd be travelling somewhere righat after that. I'll let you know if I happen to saty around any longer. Enjoy Beantown, it's a great place to be in the summer.

L.
GMAT Club Bot