GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 04:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Trust the process - From 700 (Q51 V34) to 770 (Q51 V42) - ESR attached

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Trust the process - From 700 (Q51 V34) to 770 (Q51 V42) - ESR attached  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2019, 16:54
Still waiting for my esr... GMAC seems to be having issues.

pk123 just trust the process. Pre-thinking makes the argument's and conclusion air tight in your head. So that the answer choices can't distract or confuse you from argument's logic.

It's all about getting the logic of the paragraph airtight. Cover up the answer choices and start doing CR from the OG, Rajat's process works.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
Re: Trust the process - From 700 (Q51 V34) to 770 (Q51 V42) - ESR attached  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 19:02
Hi Fanfan and congratulate one again in your improvement and your success, you did excel the GMAT exam!

I just want to have a few pieces of advice from you. 3 months ago I took the GMAT test and scored 640 with Verbal 34. But last week when I took the exam, I scored 610 (with Verbal only 27!!) and I did really bad at RC, SC and also CR.

I really want to know how you approach an SC question, CR, and how you map taking or deal with an RC.
Some SCs just really do not make sense to me, how can I improve the "GMAT" sense for those?
e-GMAT Representative
P

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2019, 10:17
churuand - Grammar is generally not the differentiating factor for 700-level questions. For such questions, you need to focus on meaning. Understand the intended meaning and you will find that most 700-level questions:

1. Are easy to answer.
2. Are not ambiguous.

Watch my interview with Jim to understand how he mastered 700-level questions. You may skip to 3 minutes to learn how he answered 700-level questions.

How to follow the meaning-based approach?

Payal Tandon - my cofounder recently hosted a YouTube Live session for GMAT Club members in which she demonstrated and explained the meaning-based approach. You may watch the same here. Register on our portal to watch more targetted video lessons to build this approach.

-Rajat
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 06:12
egmat wrote:
churuand - Grammar is generally not the differentiating factor for 700-level questions. For such questions, you need to focus on meaning. Understand the intended meaning and you will find that most 700-level questions:

1. Are easy to answer.
2. Are not ambiguous.

Watch my interview with Jim to understand how he mastered 700-level questions. You may skip to 3 minutes to learn how he answered 700-level questions.

How to follow the meaning-based approach?

Payal Tandon - my cofounder recently hosted a YouTube Live session for GMAT Club members in which she demonstrated and explained the meaning-based approach. You may watch the same here. Register on our portal to watch more targetted video lessons to build this approach.

-Rajat

Thank you very much and I really appreciate your help during my preparation. As I watched the clip, I can see that Jim had an one-to-one strategy session with one of you guys. However I did not see that option on my account (right now it is just expired). So how can I schedule that one, and, moreover, I really want expert's advice on what I should do next since I think some of my failures due to time management. Thank you in advance !
General GMAT Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 11:11
fanfan1247 - Congratulations on getting an awesome 770 on the GMAT. The consecutive Q51 scores are impressive, and so is the 8 points jump in verbal raw score. Thank you for sharing your debrief and I personally loved your interview with e-GMAT. All the best with the applications.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Trust the process - From 700 (Q51 V34) to 770 (Q51 V42) - ESR attached   [#permalink] 23 Nov 2019, 11:11

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 25 posts ] 

Trust the process - From 700 (Q51 V34) to 770 (Q51 V42) - ESR attached

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics