Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619226 [9]
Given Kudos: 81609
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619226 [1]
Send PM
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619226 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 240
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.95
WE:Real Estate (Consulting)
Send PM
V11-29 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bunuel bb KarishmaB
gmatophobia

How would A not help, if there are people with high cognitive skills already in the experiment wont the sample of the population be affected?
Person A does not know the gameplay, he will have to learn the skills
Person B who is professional and has high cognitive skills will easily nail the game.

Also, as the solution says

Bunuel wrote:
Moreover, knowing whether professional games with high cognitive flexibility play the game would not help determine whether the game caused such high cognitive flexibility among those gamers or something else did.)

Thus the result is affected because of high congnitive fexibility as there can be other factors. Thus knowing if such player are part of game is relevant according to me.

Can you please correct me
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 240
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.95
WE:Real Estate (Consulting)
Send PM
Re V11-29 [#permalink]
I think this is a poor-quality question and the explanation isn't clear enough, please elaborate. How would A not help, if there are people with high cognitive skills already in the experiment wont the sample of the population be affected?
Person A does not know the gameplay, he will have to learn the skills
Person B who is professional and has high cognitive skills will easily nail the game.

Also, as the solution says

Bunuel wrote:
Moreover, knowing whether professional games with high cognitive flexibility play the game would not help determine whether the game caused such high cognitive flexibility among those gamers or something else did.)

Thus the result is affected because of high congnitive fexibility as there can be other factors. Thus knowing if such player are part of game is relevant according to me.

Can you please correct me
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64939 [2]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Re: V11-29 [#permalink]
Kudos