It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 22:35

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Verbal Help Urgent

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 969 [0], given: 22

Verbal Help Urgent [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2004, 12:37
hi all

i am taking mock tests and scoring quite good in math between 48 - 50 so thats good but Verbal is absloutely atrocious i am not crossing 28 scaled score i mean after seeing some big shots getting 40 + scaled in Verbal i am begenign to think i am missing something here big time!! i am like why am i feeling DUMB!! when the entire GMAT seems to get it!!

can you please help me improve my verbal scores

My Prep materials are

Kaplan, Princeton , OG , Arco

I have exhausted all of them is there any other material out there that i coudl use to improve verbal

i am begening to think i just cant seem to undersand Verbal logic!!

I plan to take GMAT in OCT end or NOV based on my Verbal improvement

One more thing I noticed is that when i just do verbal i am not bad i woudl say 30 -32 scaled score when i do the 4 hour mock i just tank i think i am mentally exhausted when i come to the verbal sction

any views and advice is much appricated

one again thanks to all the "builders " of this fantastic website

rxs0005

Kudos [?]: 969 [0], given: 22

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 543 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2004, 12:48
http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... 10&start=0
I would suggest you to download and try these. Many of these questions are actually being discussed in this forum.

Best Regards,

Paul

Kudos [?]: 543 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2004, 13:03
You first want to figure out ur weakest link, if u r consitent in scoring low in any of the verbal section [CR,RC,SC] then hit hard on that......

I figured that RC is like meditation, initial stages i was found wanting for concentration, topics were boring or i would be dead tired when reached the verbal section.....so each time i would have to solve an RC in a full length test, i normally take my eyes of the screen for 20-30 seconds....I tell myself that this was one of the topics that i longed to read[for the boring ones]....was great help.....

SC comes with practice, chk and see what kind of SC questions u r getting consistently wrong [sub-verb aggr,parallelism]......OG is an invaluble guide and make sure u solve all the SC problems twice to register the rules of grammar.....also when u review a test try to understand why the wrong choices of a particular Question were incorrect,this helps a lot when employ elimination.....get all the idioms in princeton appendix registered in ur grey cells.....

hey u r scoring great guns in math, so good verbal scores are just a few days of hard work away :wink:

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

[#permalink] 27 Sep 2004, 13:03

Verbal Help Urgent

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap