Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ST - I belong to your category, but I can say I'm improving. Here is a simple technique I use to not repeat some of my silly mistakes.

Whenever I do a set of practice problems, I first write in big bold letter on top of the scratch paper at least 3 types of silly mistakes i must NOT commit. For e.g. I would write

"1. READ THE QUESTION TWICE! 2. CHECK IF I TICKED THE RIGHT ANSWER! 3. CHECK MULTIPLICATION"

That way, I'm psychologically ready to cut down the mistakes I often commit and I am concious about following the rules I wrote. Quickly, withing couple of practise sessions, I cut down the number of mistakes I was making in these categories.

Needs a little discipline and a very concious effort to identify the category of your silly mistakes, and a plan of attack for that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for replies [#permalink]
I can not believe you guys. You are :cool . You guys replied. I am already feeling better.

Here are more information->

1. My timing is way off. most of time I run out of the time in the end ( around at q 34 at math and 36 at verbal). I thought I am good in math, but I am not doing good either in math or in verbal.

2. After I do test, I analyse it why I did it wrong and create error logs too.

3. Materials -

Kaplan books
Princeton verbal book
All 7 ManhathanGMAT book
kaptest online quiz bank
OG10

4. I have been studing 25 hours a week.

5. What I feel that I am not able to comprehend question quick enough to answer in a limited time, therefore I either make silly mistake or do it wrong.

6. I gave 3 kaplan test and consistently got around 550 score. I also gave manhathanGMAT test, I got 550 too. I have roughly same number of wrong answers in all subcategories, so I know it is not one subcategory I have to focus, the problem seems to be sou enough something else.

Please let me know your view.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
First of all, 25 hours a week may be too much. Don't burn yourself out. If you overload yourself, you're not going to absorb anything new.

The big problem I see, though, is that you're using Kaplan tests to gauge your potential score. Kaplan tests are notoriously much harder than the real thing, and will seriously underestimate your score. Do the GMATPrep tests and Princeton Review tests if you haven't yet; they're more like the real thing.

I would say, though, that you should take a prep class like Princeton Review. Three months of self prep with virtually no improvement...you need a class.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]