Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [1]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28574 [0]
Given Kudos: 130
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
GMAT 1: 790 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: What should be my next step [#permalink]
Expert Reply
I agree with Mike. If you scored Q45, and if that's accurate to what you'd be able to achieve on test day, then you're almost certainly in a position where Verbal is more valuable to you than Quant, score-wise. Even if you're at a higher percentile on Verbal than you are on Quant, you can probably still glean more points from Verbal.

That's because of the way that percentile scoring works, and because of certain characteristics of the population that takes the test - there are a huge number of students who do very well on Quant, but relatively few students who do very well on Verbal. (Think about how many non-native English speakers take the GMAT, and how many of them aren't very comfortable with English grammar or reading, but are excellent at mathematics.) So a high Verbal score does more to differentiate you from the overall body of test-takers than a high Quant sore does, which means that when your overall score is calculated, a high Verbal will likely do you more good.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Mike and ccooley for your response.

I already have a plan in place for Verbal. I am going with E-GMAT Verbal Live Prep Course which will also give access to 25 GMAT Club tests.

I will now focus more on Verbal and solve GMAT Club Quant tests so that not only I remain in touch with Quant but also keep on improving my Quant skills.

After 1.5-2 months, I will shift my energy in solving complete mock tests to build stamina and again to figure out my weak areas and target those. My plan is to purchase - GMATPrep® Exam Collection and I will book my exam date upon seeing good result in the 4 tests of GMATPrep® Exam Collection. So that's the overall plan.

Thanks
Gaurav
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you ccooley once again for your cool advise.
It will sound funny but still I would tell you that I have a plan as well to ensure I do not wear myself out with too much of gmating and that is to take a break for couple of days and completely forget about the GMAT world.
I am going to take your advise very seriously. Thanks a lot once again.
Cheers :-)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92929 posts