Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:35 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 81
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hero_with_1000_faces wrote:
Question No. 32 and 44 are repeated, in Easy category : ) so 149 : P

Thank you. Two separate discussions but the same question. I have moved one of them into the SC Archive, so it should not happen again. :cool:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC [#permalink]
Thanks @bunnel any similar post for RC ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Schools: IMD '21
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of March 2019 [#permalink]
procman wrote:
Answers are not correct for a lot of questions here. I advice you to only attempt questions that are posted by verified sources. Even if the source says magoosh or veritas, make sure to check if it is posted specifically by them and not some user who has mentioned the above source.
I am saying this because I have taken veritas tests and answer to the question mentioned by one of the users here does not match the answer provided by Veritas. Therefore, you are treading a very dangerous path here. I repeat, please make sure you check the author of the question and only read explanations and answers by verified sources.

I agree with this. I tried Kaplan Qbank and some of the items there had questionable explanations, not to mention that some are just flat our typos that were misleading.

Is there any way to filter out only official GMAT questions in GMAT Club? I don't want to destroy my progress by drilling through inconsistent unofficial questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of May 2020 [#permalink]
Thank you for this resource! It's awesome!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Schools: Kellogg '23
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of July 2020 [#permalink]
It will be better if you just add medium difficulty question also it will help us to transition to difficult question
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 76
GRE 1: Q165 V153
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of October 2021 [#permalink]
Pointers after solving all easy questions:
1. Important parallelism triggers are
Not only...but also (most questions are based on this ), either.. or, neither..nor, or and and.
2. Comparions
Like x , y ; unlike x , y ;
3. Modifier
Verb ing or verb Ed modifier at start of a sentence modifying a noun.
4. Idioms
More..than, as much.. as, the more..the greater
5.avoiding should after order or suggestion on gmat

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of June 2022 [#permalink]
This is such a bullshit compilation that my eyes bleed. None of the "hard" questions are official, and the few I've looked at are full of mistakes. If you're studying for the test, do yourself a favor and use only official gmat questions. Mods, get rid of this please.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of June 2022 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yulzari wrote:
This is such a bullshit compilation that my eyes bleed. None of the "hard" questions are official, and the few I've looked at are full of mistakes. If you're studying for the test, do yourself a favor and use only official gmat questions. Mods, get rid of this please.

Hello there. Allow me to clarify a few things:

This list is not a compilation ... it is a list that we automatically generate every month based on what questions were the hardest and easiest in the previous month per the GMAT Club timer. There is no requirement that it must contain only a particular source... It simply reflects the reality of what people found to be HARD and EASY. We do not discriminate and while some questions may get on this list due to the original poster issues, many appear from legit sources.

However, you are correct that there is a pattern, if you look at the HARDEST list - usually a few (or this month, none) are from the official sources but if you look at the EASIEST questions list (post #2) - it is MOSTLY filled with the official questions. https://gmatclub.com/forum/150-hardest- ... l#p1564180 so while your call to use the official questions for verbal is a good general advice, it is also a very vague generalization and as valuable as generalizations tend to be.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of June 2022 [#permalink]
That a question takes a long time to solve doesn't necessarily mean that it is difficult. It may simply mean that the question is bad and misleading.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of June 2022 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yulzari wrote:
That a question takes a long time to solve doesn't necessarily mean that it is difficult. It may simply mean that the question is bad and misleading.

Hi. This is a different topic of discussion. This is talking about evaluating difficulty which does not have much to do with the original comment of official questions.

The impact of time on the performance of the task is an interesting component that has to do with individual skills. Something that is easy for one may be difficult to another - e.g. writing with your non-dominant hand or moving your ears or enjoying quant vs. enjoying history. When you have a large group of people how do you rank the tasks of learning how to master writing with your non-dominant hand, moving ears, or solving complex equations if you don't take time into consideration? In some cases, Time is more valuable than money in evaluating the ROI but before we go there, you are not wrong either. I would say taking a long time for a question in Quant is something you can argue a question that is artificially difficult. There are a few I have seen in quant that are not tricky or unusual but the standard rate/distance/speed question that simply requires an extra step or two to solve. It is an easy and perhaps not a very elegant and rather a crude way of making it more difficult and in that case you can say it is more tedious. It eats your time, so on a simulated test it would make the test harder even though the question is not really complex... I am not familiar of such approach in SC. How would you make an SC long to solve? Do you have an example of an SC that is going to take long to solve? I have seen some equally long official and unofficial questions.

I am genuinely curious curious about the definition of difficulty of a question and what it should involve. Compare 2 tasks: was building the Egyptian pyramids less difficult than putting a man on the moon? One task was done by thousands of people over dozens of years by a primitive society and the other was done by a small group of highly qualified individuals. One was a very long repetitive task and the other one was one of a kind. My guess is you would find putting a man on the moon more difficult than building the pyramids but if it is not difficult, why nobody has done it over or better? Is knowing how to do something automatically makes it easy? Is all sports then easy? Are athletes not really hard workers? Is it easy to earn a gold medal in Olympics? :dontknow:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of December 2022 [#permalink]
It's great to find such a wonderful thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of October 2023 [#permalink]
Does they follow the current format as well?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: 100 Hardest and easiest questions for SC as of October 2023 [#permalink]
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts