Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 472 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: 730, Q49, V40 - Detailed de-brief added! [#permalink]
invincibleforce wrote:
Can anyone throw some light on how good the Princeton Review CATs are ? Although I still have quite a few weeks before I start taking tests, but i am in the process of collecting tests

Stay away from the Princeton CATs ,IMHO. Their scoring algorithm is flawed and the questions are also not good. You may wanna take MGMAT CATs
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Great Post - Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thank you for the nice post. Are you applying to ISB ? If yes, then we can possibly connect
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shovitdhar wrote:
invincibleforce wrote:
Can anyone throw some light on how good the Princeton Review CATs are ? Although I still have quite a few weeks before I start taking tests, but i am in the process of collecting tests

Stay away from the Princeton CATs ,IMHO. Their scoring algorithm is flawed and the questions are also not good. You may wanna take MGMAT CATs

Thanks for the inputs. How about the Kaplan CD Companion tests ? Any feedback on them ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
invincibleforce wrote:
shovitdhar wrote:
invincibleforce wrote:

Thanks for the inputs. How about the Kaplan CD Companion tests ? Any feedback on them ?

I have taken the Kaplan CD companion tests and I think that they are quite bad. I just took two of these CATs and got 580 and 550 as the scores which left me depressed for sometime. Didn't take any tests after that and straight away moved to MGMAT and GMATPREP CATs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
archimittal01 wrote:

I have taken the Kaplan CD companion tests and I think that they are quite bad. I just took two of these CATs and got 580 and 550 as the scores which left me depressed for sometime. Didn't take any tests after that and straight away moved to MGMAT and GMATPREP CATs.[/quote]

Same here. I thought that the CD companion tests are not computer adaptive at all, or are semi computer adaptive at the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Stay more close to the GMAT prep exams...the new and the old ones...both are great.

BR
Mandy
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gmatgunner wrote:
archimittal01 wrote:

I have taken the Kaplan CD companion tests and I think that they are quite bad. I just took two of these CATs and got 580 and 550 as the scores which left me depressed for sometime. Didn't take any tests after that and straight away moved to MGMAT and GMATPREP CATs.

Same here. I thought that the CD companion tests are not computer adaptive at all, or are semi computer adaptive at the best.[/quote]
Thanks guys for the feedback.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Guys,
I have a question regarding tests. How many times should I be taking the GMATPREP CATs during practice ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 349 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Sloan '16 (D)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Nice writeup.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Great score. Thanks for the tips.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Great Post. Congrats and thank you. How do you compare RC99
Manager
Manager
Send PM
icaniwill wrote:
Great Post. Congrats and thank you. How do you compare RC99

The RC99 passages, in my opinion, are good though but I'd bother to do only the low and the medium difficulty level passages as the high difficulty level ones are crazily difficult and you're not gonna see those difficult passages on the GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
invincibleforce wrote:
The RC99 passages, in my opinion, are good though but I'd bother to do only the low and the medium difficulty level passages as the high difficulty level ones are crazily difficult and you're not gonna see those difficult passages on the GMAT.

Yes, I agree. I did firstly the OG12 passages and then moved on RC99. Did only passages till medium difficulty level and I must say that my accuracy level has become consistently good. Although the passages are not much on the lines of what the GMAT passages are like in that these passages in RC99 are longer than what you're likely to see on the GMAT, if you can understand these passages then you'd be really ready to tackle those difficult GMAT passages.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
foofighter5 wrote:
invincibleforce wrote:

Yes, I agree. I did firstly the OG12 passages and then moved on RC99. Did only passages till medium difficulty level and I must say that my accuracy level has become consistently good. Although the passages are not much on the lines of what the GMAT passages are like in that these passages in RC99 are longer than what you're likely to see on the GMAT, if you can understand these passages then you'd be really ready to tackle those difficult GMAT passages.

foofighter5 ,what happened to your GMAT. How did you fare ? We're longing to hear your story
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 603 [0]
Send PM
congrats-thanks for the great tips
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hey Dewakar,
Great story. It seems like you almost used every resource available but the good thing is you were able to distinguish what is good and what is not. Which school did you finally join ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts