Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 18:11 It is currently 07 May 2024, 18:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1541 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dont worry [#permalink]
eileen you have really done it all ,i just want you to reconsider your decision about writing GMAT again because this is your third attempt.

i know you can make it if youu dont give up but frankly i scored 650 today,this is my second attempt but i am planning to apply straight away(of course not top10 schools)
i would rather spend the time and resources on something more productive than GMAT
anyway good luck for your next attempt,assess all your strenghths and weaknesses before your next attempt .determine if you really need to write again

ash
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

With due respect to Ashwini 17, studying for the GMAT can actually be extremely productive. For instance, it would behoove a students with a very low math subscore to work on his basic skills in mathematics since it would be quite unusual to observe a consistently low score on the math section for a student with a high standing on the construct of mathematical ability. A student with low standing on the construct of math would probably find himself in a difficult position when in business school. Likewise, a low verbal score is an outstanding opportunity to learn valuable skills such as reading comprehension, grammar, and logical reasoning that are likely to help you when studying at the graduate level. If you focus on skills rather than "gaming the test" this GMAT preparation process can be highly enlightening.

Ask Hjort How . . .

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
i agree with you Hjort ,infact preparing for GMAT improved my verbal skills to a great extent ,i am not denying that but i just wanted to say that eileen doesnt need to attempt GMAT thrice to achieve that.

maybe eileen should take a break and enroll for some classes which will improve her weaknesses and get back to GMAT if she feels 700 is the ultimate way to reach nirvana
ash
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ash makes a good point - one can only take the GMAT so many times before it starts to look odd. I think four takings should be the upper limit.

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for all advice. Just as what Hjort said, so I think that the GMAT itself is a good opportunity to learn English. Frankly speaking, I plan to retake the test partly because I feel that during the preparation and the formal exam this time my verbal skills should be imporved since I took the GMAT in Jan. 2003.

I just want to make sure that the books and the strategy I used are in the right way to prepare for the GMAT. And what's more important is, I BELIEVE that I can perform better on the basis of my hardworking.

I also want to thanks ashwini17. I have applied for some schools last year and I know that there are other things at least as important as the GMAT score. However, the school that I want to enter did not give me an offer with the score 630 and I think one year more working experience may not enough to convince the admission commitee.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

I have helped many students on tests of this nature and I have found that confidence is indeed one of the most important factors that contribute to a high score.

Hjort
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37403 posts