Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 15:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

A small number of the forest species of lepidoptera (moths and butterf

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Manager
Manager
B
A small number of the forest species of lepidoptera (moths and butterf  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 07:46
LeenaSai wrote:
Can anyone explain the se one question ?

“ It can be inferred from the passage that the mortality caused by agents such as predatory birds or parasites was measured in an attempt to ????”

I thought it’s option C

Posted from my mobile device

LeenaSai

To answer the question lets first understand the passage.

Para 1- explains what is population cycle. Then para moves on to state that among various factors anyone factor must be dominant that causes population cycle.
Despite considerable research finding that one factor has not been very easy. Common approach of analysing parasite and predators has been unproductive and so are others.
If population cycle is not self regulating then there must be some factor intimately connected that causes the phenomenon.

In Para2- Nuclear polyhedrosis viruses are hypothesized to be that factor and reasons to believe the hypothesis are described.

Para3- Provides additional supporting reasons to believe the hypothesis.

Now, coming to the question at hand.

Option C is about "possible methods for controlling Lepidoptera population growth". This paraege is nowhere concerned or discusses about methods for controlling Lepidoptera population growth.

Option A is indeed the correct answer choice as predatory birds or parasites was measured in an attempt to find the dominant factor that regulates lepidoptera population cycles.

I hope this explanation helps.
Re: A small number of the forest species of lepidoptera (moths and butterf  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 07:57
Hi KaranB1,

Your prompt and logical reply made my day !!! Kudos

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: A small number of the forest species of lepidoptera (moths and butterf   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2019, 07:57

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 22 posts ] 

A small number of the forest species of lepidoptera (moths and butterf

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics