Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 20:01 It is currently 10 May 2024, 20:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 1.5 years in Banking/Capital Markets
WE 2: ~1 year in financial services/risk mgmt
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2012 Thread [#permalink]
bigDeal wrote:
Jerz and other 2nd years, question for you. I am also unable to do KWEST, and was planning to get to Evanston on the 16th originally, but considering that the town will be empty from 20th, I am thinking if I should change my trip to 23rd. That way i can get to spend some more time with my SO, who hasnt found a job there yet.
On the other hand, FOMO is eating into me, and I'm wondering if it'll be better to get there on 16th and get to know atleast a few of my classmates in that week before they leave? I do see that about 150 people are already in evanston, but I guess they're already there cos they're gearing up for KWEST?
Essentially, how much will that week of no networking cost me? Kellogg is a school that thrives on social networking, so I don't want to skip any opportunity, especially since I'm missing on KWEST?
I know this is more of a personal choice, but am unable to decide hence the loud thinking.

Generally there is some socializing and getting to know your classmates in the weeks before KWEST. Last year, there were a few parties organized through the Facebook admitted student group during that week, and it's a great way for students to start to get to know each other. That said, you're going to be spending A LOT of time with your section during CIM, so it's not the end of the world if you don't go until the 23rd; you'll still have plenty of opportunity to meet students in your section, and in other sections, during CIM.

Whether or not the additional opportunity to meet students and go into CIM knowing a few friendly faces is more important than additional time with your JV is up to you.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
I was in Evanston yesterday for the first, and probably last, time for months. As much as I got bored with the town towards the end, it sure is a nice place. It's like modern Pleasantville. Hope you newbies enjoy it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know the date of CIM Ball?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11