Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64940 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Appropriate period after which I can apply with score?? [#permalink]
rich Cohen : Thanks for your reply! I have gone through work experience required by top 10 B-Schools in US and the average time period is of 5 years and I was thinking of applying with 3-4 years of experience. How will that affect me as a candidate and how much does that affect my profile?

karishma : Thanks for your concern. Could you please tell me how does change in percentile affect my profile, I mean score still remains same and colleges accept candidate on the basis of his/her GMAT score.And I was wondering if I could study 4-5 months intensively for the exam and get over it. I would like to know your reviews on that too.And to be clear does the score hold it's value through out 5 years equally?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Anchit Dhiman,

The 'work experience' part of the application process isn't just an 'item on a list that you have to "check off"' - the amount of work experience isn't nearly as relevant as the quality and relevance of the work experience (especially to the Program(s) that you plan to apply to).

Since you're now starting to ask Admissions questions, you would likely find it beneficial to speak with an Admissions Expert. There's a Forum full of them here:

ask-admission-consultants-124/

As an aside, have you taken the Official GMAT yet? If you have, then how did you score?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rich Cohen : I have not taken my exam yet.I will be taking in 3-4 months.I am curious about all these questions because I don't want to waste my money as well as time in writing exam if it is not good enough to take the exam now.
And thank you for the insight on work experience as I was really confused on this matter.
GMAT Club Bot