Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64937 [0]
Given Kudos: 427
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Tutor
Send PM
Re: Best test series for GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yashkumar wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
I can tell you a bit about our test series. Here are 3 commonly asked questions (related to your question) and our answer to each:

Q. How close to the real test are these GMAT practice tests?
Veritas Prep designed its practice tests to simulate the official GMAT as closely as possible, both in terms of question quality and how the computer-adaptive algorithm determines your ability level and chooses which questions you see. Our GMAT practice tests draw from a pool of more than 1,400 realistic GMAT questions, each of which is measured on multiple attributes that go far deeper than simply “easy / medium / hard.” Given the adaptive nature of our practice tests, no two test instances will be exactly the same.

Q. How are these different from other GMAT practice tests?
Veritas Prep’s practice tests are built on a platform that employs Item Response Theory (IRT), the same system underlying the real GMAT. Unlike more basic approaches that simply count correct and incorrect responses and then generate a score, IRT recognizes that no two GMAT questions are exactly the same. What question you receive at any given point on a test will be dictated by how well you have performed up to that point, and how you answer that question will impact your ability estimate and help determine which question you see next. The system also takes “content balancing” into account, ensuring that you see a mix of question types that are representative of what you will see on the real GMAT, all while gathering as much information about your ability level as possible.

Q. What kind of data goes into these tests to make sure they’re accurate?
Every one of our GMAT questions must be validated across thousands of responses from hundreds of students before it is added to a Veritas Prep practice exam. Veritas Prep has collected more than one million responses from tens of thousands of GMAT students, via both the GMAT Question Bank and by using experimental questions in our computer-adaptive tests (just as the real GMAT collects data). In fact, Veritas Prep collects more than 50,000 new responses each week! Each item is not just validated once, but is constantly recalibrated based on new data. Veritas Prep also regularly measures its practice tests’ scores against the Official GMAT by collecting student feedback, ensuring that its practice exam scores are very close to those generated by the real test.

Karishma, I have already given these tests and 6 official practice tests for my second attempt of GMAT, scheduled two months back. Will you suggest me to do these again or try new ones.
I also have subscribed to the online video course. Needed few suggestions regarding that too. Can you suggest how I can get in touch with you?

I will not suggest you to retake. You should try some new tests. Feel free to pm me with any queries you have.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Yashkumar wrote:
I can tell you a bit about our test series. Here are 3 commonly asked questions (related to your question) and our answer to each:

Q. How close to the real test are these GMAT practice tests?
Veritas Prep designed its practice tests to simulate the official GMAT as closely as possible, both in terms of question quality and how the computer-adaptive algorithm determines your ability level and chooses which questions you see. Our GMAT practice tests draw from a pool of more than 1,400 realistic GMAT questions, each of which is measured on multiple attributes that go far deeper than simply “easy / medium / hard.” Given the adaptive nature of our practice tests, no two test instances will be exactly the same.

Q. How are these different from other GMAT practice tests?
Veritas Prep’s practice tests are built on a platform that employs Item Response Theory (IRT), the same system underlying the real GMAT. Unlike more basic approaches that simply count correct and incorrect responses and then generate a score, IRT recognizes that no two GMAT questions are exactly the same. What question you receive at any given point on a test will be dictated by how well you have performed up to that point, and how you answer that question will impact your ability estimate and help determine which question you see next. The system also takes “content balancing” into account, ensuring that you see a mix of question types that are representative of what you will see on the real GMAT, all while gathering as much information about your ability level as possible.

Q. What kind of data goes into these tests to make sure they’re accurate?
Every one of our GMAT questions must be validated across thousands of responses from hundreds of students before it is added to a Veritas Prep practice exam. Veritas Prep has collected more than one million responses from tens of thousands of GMAT students, via both the GMAT Question Bank and by using experimental questions in our computer-adaptive tests (just as the real GMAT collects data). In fact, Veritas Prep collects more than 50,000 new responses each week! Each item is not just validated once, but is constantly recalibrated based on new data. Veritas Prep also regularly measures its practice tests’ scores against the Official GMAT by collecting student feedback, ensuring that its practice exam scores are very close to those generated by the real test.

Karishma, I have already given these tests and 6 official practice tests for my second attempt of GMAT, scheduled two months back. Will you suggest me to do these again or try new ones.
I also have subscribed to the online video course. Needed few suggestions regarding that too. Can you suggest how I can get in touch with you?

I will not suggest you to retake. You should try some new tests. Feel free to pm me with any queries you have.

Hi Karishma,
I have sent a PM. Kindly check as per your convenience.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yashkumar wrote:
Hi Karishma,
I have sent a PM. Kindly check as per your convenience.

Sent from my XT1033 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Replied.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
GoodGuy wrote:
I've already solved 6 official practice tests. Currently out of the below mentioned test series which ones are the closest to GMAT ? Tests which will give an experience similar to the actual GMAT exam.

MGMAT
VERITAS
KAPLAN
GMAT PILL

I have heard very good reviews about MGMAT and VERITAS but I am not sure how close they are to the actual test. Kindly add if I have missed any other important test series.

Anything on KAPLAN?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi LfcLegend,

The scoring algorithm on the Official GMAT is far more complicated than most people realize. Since that algorithm is proprietary, no GMAT company has an exact match for it, thus CAT scores can vary a bit based on the 'biases' involved in their respective designs. The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills. Seeing even a few 'repeat' questions can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they actually are). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you correctly take the CAT in a realistic fashion).

1) Which "brands" of CATs have you used so far and how have you scored on EACH of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?
2) What is your goal score?
3) When are you planning to take the GMAT?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Bot