It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 17:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Big Data and Business Analytics Program, IE, ESSEC, or ESCP Europe?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Big Data and Business Analytics Program, IE, ESSEC, or ESCP Europe? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2017, 08:57
Hi all,

Which school would you attend? I've been admitted to the 3 schools and would like to reach out for some perspective. The program content for all programs are fairly similar, so my decision is falls to credibility and career prospects. I am looking for a school which will put me in the best position to work with leading technology companies, consulting, and machine learning and emerging technology oriented projects. Please provide commentary on these schools, their reputation, their credibility, opportunities for working in the UK, and level of entrepreneurship. Your help is very much appreciated!

Brief comparisons:

IE Business Analytics and Big Data: http://www.ie.edu/school-human-sciences ... -big-data/
10 months
Madrid
internship included
Corporate case cracks with companies such as IBM, telefonia and other infrastructure companies

My only concern with IE is that the school seems more focused on corporate networks within Spain only, and I'm not certain on the strength of the data analytics program.

ESCP Europe Business Analytics: http://www.escpeurope.eu/escp-europe-pr ... ss-school/

15 months
Between Paris and Berlin
Research Thesis and internship included
Corporate case cracks with companies such as Google, and data companies

My main concern with ESCP is the recognition in the UK, as well as whether this school is entrepreneurial and dynamic, instead of aging and stale.

ESSEC Business Analytics: http://www.essec.edu/en/program/mscs/ms ... ytics/faq/
Partner program with CentraleSupelec in Paris
Between Paris and Asia
Includes internship and thesis

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Re: Big Data and Business Analytics Program, IE, ESSEC, or ESCP Europe? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2017, 08:46
This post received
KUDOS
Hello! I'm a current student in the DSBA program provided by ESSEC and CentraleSupelec. Last year I chose this program cause both ESSEC and CentraleSupelec are top schools in France: ESSEC is the Top 2 Business School and CentraleSupelec the Top 2 engineering school in France. We have some pre-courses and 6 core courses like Machine Learning, Optimization, etc. to build the foundation for DS&BA. And in term 2, we can choose our major. Recently we are seeking for internships. As I know some of my classmates already found internships in JP Morgan London(Fin Tech related position), LVMH(Business Analyst), Quanteam... Last year some of the students worked as interns for Google France, CRITEO, L'Oreal, KPMG, EY... Feel free to contact me if you have further questions! My email: b00692993@essec.edu

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Re: Big Data and Business Analytics Program, IE, ESSEC, or ESCP Europe?   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2017, 08:46

Big Data and Business Analytics Program, IE, ESSEC, or ESCP Europe?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: OasisGC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap