Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 07:07 It is currently 10 May 2024, 07:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
So CBS says no but curious as to LGB and others thoughts.....

How soon after submission interview offer is extended....relevant as to how strong they felt you were or irrelevant?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
columbiawannabe wrote:

How soon after submission interview offer is extended....relevant as to how strong they felt you were or irrelevant?

Probably relevant. If the first reviewer likes your app, you get invited = sooner. If the first reviewer doesn't like your app but the second one does and invites you = later. So basically, the stronger your app the more likely you are to be invited earlier in the process.
Manager
Manager
soulmeetsbody wrote:
columbiawannabe wrote:

Probably relevant. If the first reviewer likes your app, you get invited = sooner. If the first reviewer doesn't like your app but the second one does and invites you = later. So basically, the stronger your app the more likely you are to be invited earlier in the process.

What constitutes "early"?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
soulmeetsbody wrote:
columbiawannabe wrote:

my theory runs the contrary. Suppose first one likes you very much and knows that you will get an invite later on, he/she will probably pass you along to the second reader, who may do the same thing to pass you along to the committee, knowing that you will get an invite anyway. When you get an invite, they have to stop the review process until you complete the interview. So if you are a solid yes, it's more likely for them to interview you later than sooner, I guess. Well, after all it's all surmise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
columbiawannabe wrote:
soulmeetsbody wrote:
columbiawannabe wrote:

What constitutes "early"?

It's subjective isn't it? I try to gauge the time frame based on when other people submitted their apps. I think there was one fellow who submitted his app around the same time I did (last week of July). He got an invite at least two weeks before I did. Therefore, I could assume that his app was more interesting somehow and drew the attention of the adcom.

But really, who knows. Just because he got an invite before I did doesn't mean he's a better candidate, we might not even be from the same applicant pool (different backgrounds and goals). I try not to overanalyze. What matters is whether you get the invite at all.
Manager
Manager
Also --- any J-term movement?? Anyone??? The entire spreadsheet is ED people and I havent heard anything from anyone who applied J-term for a while....

Cmon folks! They told LGB they are working on J-term! Lets have some updates! :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
According to this interview with Mary Miller, an applicant could get an invite before the second reader sees it if the first reader likes the app:

Mary Miller wrote:
Applicants can be invited to interview at any point in the process, and being invited for an interview is a very positive signal to the applicant that we are interested in him or her. That invitation is really, really important. So a first reader can nominate that an applicant be invited to interview, at which point candidates are then sent a list of alumni in their local area who have been trained and have volunteered to interview applicants. Applicants set up the interview and get to choose who they interview with. There is an interview format that we send to our alumni interviewers. They conduct the interview blind – all they get is a resume of the applicant – and then they return the list of answers to us.

The application then will go to a second reader. If an applicant hasn’t been nominated for an interview by the first reader, the second reader will also have the option to invite for an interview. Once again, at any point in the process someone can be invited to interview.

https://www.bschooladmissionsformula.com ... ry-miller/

To me, the variable that makes it tough to infer anything from how long it took to get an interview invite is how long it took for your app to get into the hands of the readers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:CBS
 Q50  V45
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 4.5 years in technical consulting (energy)
Send PM
@columbiawannabe: I'm a J-term applicant (applied 08/11) and I just got an interview invite today :-D
Any other news on the J-term front ?
Manager
Manager
Can anyone who has had an interview please speak a bit about the questions THEY asked of INTERVIEWERS? What are some things that didnt seem contrived that you asked them about their experience in order to seem very interested but not lame?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitted day before.....the application page still shows submitted and not 'under review'!
Am I being impatient here?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
ds7 wrote:
Submitted day before.....the application page still shows submitted and not 'under review'!

I'm in the same boat. I'm guessing things will get going after the Labour (or Labor) Day holiday on Monday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
brainhurt wrote:
ds7 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I'm guessing things will get going after the Labour (or Labor) Day holiday on Monday.

'

lets hope se
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Please add me to the roll call. ED applicant.
Manager
Manager
Sorry to repeat....but....

Can anyone who has had an interview please speak a bit about the questions THEY asked of INTERVIEWERS? What are some things that didnt seem contrived that you asked them about their experience in order to seem very interested but not lame?
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
columbiawannabe wrote:
Sorry to repeat....but....

just ask some normal questions like what do you think of Master Classes, or recruitment, or student clubs. Just show you are interested in the school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
amedm wrote:
@columbiawannabe: I'm a J-term applicant (applied 08/11) and I just got an interview invite today :-D
Any other news on the J-term front ?

Congrats amedm. Good luck with your interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,

Firstly, congrats to all the admits (so far looks like we've got one - sorry for ruling out J-term admits - congrats to you as well, well deserved)

I'm hoping to submit for ED this week. Essays, recommendations, and application - done.

Just an FYI (I'm sure most of you know this) ClearAdmit has some good interview prep material. The reason I mention this is that it can get a little inefficient if each of us has the same question "What questions were you asked?". Seems like we have a 47 page forum with about 10 pages of useful information. (LOL, its about to get worse now with GMATclub's offer to win a trip to your fave b-school - I bet $20 this forum turns 55 by Monday).

My profile - 26/4 years experience in consulting and running a division in a family business/710 GMAT Q49,V38.

Good luck all!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57  ...  198