Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 688 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Have been a bit depressed for a while after reading about all the IB/Consulting applicants (no offense xD) and their awesome backgrounds, but finally I decided that I would still give it a try on CBS and hopefully submit my application within ED.

Definitely will come back and learn/share more often!!

Stan
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
w103psp wrote:
chaitu69 wrote:
I see a lot of similarities between NYU Stern and CBS. Friends, can you please share your thoughts on the benefits of CBS Vs NYU Stern.(Community, academics, etc etc)

P.S - This discussion is not meant to discuss on the +ve's/-ve's of NYU Stern. I'd just like to share your thoughts on the benefits of CBS w.r.t its peers.

I asked this question on the Stern Fall 2011 forum and got a bunch of responses (1/2 way through Pg 2):
calling-all-nyu-stern-fall-2011-applicants-96629-20.html

Thanks w103psp. Nice data points.
Can someone comment on NYU Stern Vs CBS for a Strategy Consulting career (post MBA).
Current Student
Send PM
psychostan wrote:
Have been a bit depressed for a while after reading about all the IB/Consulting applicants (no offense xD) and their awesome backgrounds, but finally I decided that I would still give it a try on CBS and hopefully submit my application within ED.

Stan

Stan, no school will fill their class with 50% IB/finance and 50% Consulting. It's more like 30% and 30%, with 40% for the rest. Or so we can hope! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
psychostan wrote:

Stan

The depression and name bring back memories of a certain music video that was popular in high school.

You haven't dyed your hair after your favorite adcom officer and written three or four letters (applications) without a response, right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
w103psp wrote:
psychostan wrote:

Stan

Stan, no school will fill their class with 50% IB/finance and 50% Consulting. It's more like 30% and 30%, with 40% for the rest. Or so we can hope! :)

actually....according to the class profile of '11, about 50% come from finance, so that statement isn't exaggerated at all. Can't wait till they publish the class of '12 statistics though!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 518 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
lawgonebusiness wrote:
do you guys think It will be rude for me to inquire into whether he has submitted the report?

According the CBS web site, your interviewer will submit a report within 2 weeks. I guess it's fair game to inquire after 2 weeks.
Current Student
Send PM
mba2013 wrote:
w103psp wrote:
psychostan wrote:

Stan

actually....according to the class profile of '11, about 50% come from finance, so that statement isn't exaggerated at all. Can't wait till they publish the class of '12 statistics though!

Wow, you're right. Columbia incoming class is heavily skewed towards Finance! So they'll have only 28 students with an IT background (but not into consulting). Interesting!

E-Commerce/Internet................................................................................................1.5
Hardware/Software, Services/Telecommunications......................................2.0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Ross '13
 Q48  V42
Send PM
w103psp wrote:

Wow, you're right. Columbia incoming class is heavily skewed towards Finance! So they'll have only 28 students with an IT background (but not into consulting). Interesting!

E-Commerce/Internet................................................................................................1.5
Hardware/Software, Services/Telecommunications......................................2.0

Talk about a well-rounded and diverse class :roll:

I noticed that part too how they combined all the software/techie folk. It seems like they define "Consulting" , either as an industry or a functional area, to mean management or strategy consulting. That being said, I wonder where all the IT consultants (like me) go? I'm guessing in the small 2% category.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mba2013 wrote:
w103psp wrote:
psychostan wrote:

Stan

I did see some sites mention the 30/30/40 proportion but yeah it seems that more applicants from finance were admitted than before which kinda makes me worried as well
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mba2013 wrote:
w103psp wrote:

Talk about a well-rounded and diverse class :roll:

I noticed that part too how they combined all the software/techie folk. It seems like they define "Consulting" , either as an industry or a functional area, to mean management or strategy consulting. That being said, I wonder where all the IT consultants (like me) go? I'm guessing in the small 2% category.

I have the same concern....I do a lot of the control audit on the IT side, and I had a hard time deciding whether to choose accounting/control or choose IT/IS as job function. I assume that's where they decide which "pool" to put you in...??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
osbornecox wrote:
psychostan wrote:

Stan

The depression and name bring back memories of a certain music video that was popular in high school.

You haven't dyed your hair after your favorite adcom officer and written three or four letters (applications) without a response, right?

sorry......have been in the US for just a few years and my knowledge of American pop music prolly started from Britney Spears...........after she's gone wild
Intern
Intern
Send PM
After interviewing, what is the common waiting period to hear a decision???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Columbia
 Q51  V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
They start to admit students~~~
Intern
Intern
Send PM
enya1122 wrote:
They start to admit students~~~

Really? how do you know? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
i just got my invitation to interview!! woohoo!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
AppHappy wrote:

They've been working over the weekend? Wow.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
osbornecox wrote:
AppHappy wrote:

They've been working over the weekend? Wow.

well by "just" i meant i just received it in my email. i believe it was sent on their friday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  198