Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 18:32 It is currently 13 May 2024, 18:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance/Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden Class of 2012
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Big 4 Accounting
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Dartmouth (Tuck) Applicants [#permalink]
Whoa Sneaky! That's definitely Tuck. Their number is (603)-646- 3162- That's the admissions office! I'd call back ASAP! The fact that they didnt leave a vm is odd, but the fact is that they called. Call them. And ask them how many more calls they're making to other people. lol.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools:Michigan 2012
Send PM
congrats bombay!

it looks like about an hour until lunch, then 4 hours after for the chance at a miracle call! good luck all. fingers crossed over here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Decision2012 wrote:
Whoa Sneaky! That's definitely Tuck. Their number is (603)-646- 3162- That's the admissions office! I'd call back ASAP! The fact that they didnt leave a vm is odd, but the fact is that they called. Call them. And ask them how many more calls they're making to other people. lol.

Ha, but the last 4 digits were different, leading me to believe someone called me by accident... Won't they call back if it was on purpose? It's so hard to concentrate today...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The time you're spending replying to me they could be admitting someone else! Call them! lol :) The worst they can say is "Sorry, we were trying to reach someone else." Also did you check your email? And your spam? Do these things. Report back to us afterwards.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can I just ask the opinion of anyone still here... have the bulk of the calls gone out already, or would a majority of them be made (and finished) today? Sounds silly but I was just wondering. Maybe a desperate attempt to hold on to my faith.
Current Student
Send PM
Decision2012 wrote:
Can I just ask the opinion of anyone still here... have the bulk of the calls gone out already, or would a majority of them be made (and finished) today? Sounds silly but I was just wondering. Maybe a desperate attempt to hold on to my faith.

I think there is still hope through today, and perhaps even into Friday (maybe). Calls went two days in the early rounds.
Current Student
Send PM
Decision2012 wrote:

i'm still trying to hold the faith but it appears a significant number of calls have already been made....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:Tuck, Darden, UNC K-F, Johnson
Send PM
Question for those admitted (and sorry, I know it's super obnoxious to ask while folks are waiting, I really apologize) - when you got the call, did the Adcom member mention scholarships, financial aid, etc? I was called yesterday, and while super excited and honored to be admitted, wasn't told anything about finances other than to submit my loan application materials by the 26th and that my formal offer letter would be available on Friday. I assume that means no scholarships, etc. (not surprising for a super competitive school with such all-stars!) but wanted to see if other folks had been told anything different in their calls. I have a full-ride offer elsewhere so I'm just trying to make sense of it all...

Best of luck again for all those waiting and congrats to those admitted!
Intern
Intern
Schools:MIT (dinged), Cornell(interviewed), Tuck(accepted), BostonUniversity(accepted)
 Q48  V40
WE 1: 2yrs ProjectManager Telecom
WE 2: 5yrs ProjectManager InvBank
Send PM
adrypage wrote:
any international got an interview call yesterday? or today? :roll:

Me. I got the call yesterday and am from south america.
Current Student
Send PM
tuck20xx wrote:
Decision2012 wrote:

i'm still trying to hold the faith but it appears a significant number of calls have already been made....

I looked at last year's thread and the calls went two days as well. But I agree, there are about as many Gmatclub acceptances as you might expect for a round....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Consulting, General Management
Schools:Tuck, Booth, Kellogg, LBS [WL], Cornell, Ross
 Q51  V46
Send PM
sneaky wrote:
Question to add to the paranoia and madness... I got a call yesterday from a (603)646-xxxx number, but I was away from my desk and they didn't leave a voicemail. What does that mean? I'm thinking that from lack of VM it may have been a mistake... Thoughts?

I had a similar experience. I was called at my desk, but I was out. They did not leave a VM, but immediately called my cell phone. I guess, had I been unavailable there too they would have left a VM or sent an email asking me to call back. But if I were you, I wouldn't wait for a day before calling them back, and if you ask me, you can start celebrating already...I guess you're in!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
doesn't look good for me. :(
I doubt that they will make many calls tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Tuck (accepted R2), HBS, Sloan (rejected R2), Darden
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
uscgrad05 wrote:
Question for those admitted (and sorry, I know it's super obnoxious to ask while folks are waiting, I really apologize) - when you got the call, did the Adcom member mention scholarships, financial aid, etc? I was called yesterday, and while super excited and honored to be admitted, wasn't told anything about finances other than to submit my loan application materials by the 26th and that my formal offer letter would be available on Friday. I assume that means no scholarships, etc. (not surprising for a super competitive school with such all-stars!) but wanted to see if other folks had been told anything different in their calls. I have a full-ride offer elsewhere so I'm just trying to make sense of it all...

Best of luck again for all those waiting and congrats to those admitted!

I was told about my financial aid
Current Student
Send PM
sirdookie wrote:
doesn't look good for me. :(
I doubt that they will make many calls tomorrow.

despite my earlier optimism, I'm starting to think it's over. Only 1 call this morning?
Current Student
Send PM
shoot. i should probably look into changing my username
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone from Europe?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Answer to my earlier question: They will call you back :-D

The woman I spoke to also said (and it sounded like it from the background) that there are lots of calls going out today, so for those of you still waiting there's plenty of reason to still hope! Good luck to all!

blueblanket wrote:
sneaky wrote:
Question to add to the paranoia and madness... I got a call yesterday from a (603)646-xxxx number, but I was away from my desk and they didn't leave a voicemail. What does that mean? I'm thinking that from lack of VM it may have been a mistake... Thoughts?

I had a similar experience. I was called at my desk, but I was out. They did not leave a VM, but immediately called my cell phone. I guess, had I been unavailable there too they would have left a VM or sent an email asking me to call back. But if I were you, I wouldn't wait for a day before calling them back, and if you ask me, you can start celebrating already...I guess you're in!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  32