Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 14:13 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 14:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 1.5 years in Banking/Capital Markets
WE 2: ~1 year in financial services/risk mgmt
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 522 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
ounce wrote:
wow.. interview already? that's super fast! How come my R2 status still says "awaiting GMAT result"? Isn't GMAT based on self-reported scores until admission offer is extended?

What about the people who've got interview invite already? Does your status show "awaiting GMAT result"? I didn't ask GMAC to mail the result to Yale... thinking it's not necessary until I got an offer, or at least interview invite.

Thanks and good luck!

I believe they require official scores but allow you to report unofficial scores if you take the gmat at or near the deadline.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Yale R2, Ross R2
 Q50  V41
WE 1: consulting
WE 2: nonprofit
Send PM
submitted on 7th, good luck to all of us!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lagomez wrote:
ounce wrote:
wow.. interview already? that's super fast! How come my R2 status still says "awaiting GMAT result"? Isn't GMAT based on self-reported scores until admission offer is extended?

What about the people who've got interview invite already? Does your status show "awaiting GMAT result"? I didn't ask GMAC to mail the result to Yale... thinking it's not necessary until I got an offer, or at least interview invite.

Thanks and good luck!

I believe they require official scores but allow you to report unofficial scores if you take the gmat at or near the deadline.

Oh.. I didn't send in my official scores (I wrote it in Sep 2009) because no other schools request official scores at the application stage. It's typically required upon admission offer, I think.

Does anyone know if lack of official GMAT score will delay the reviewing process? I guess I'll have to call Yale tomorrow to ask....
VP
VP
Send PM
ounce wrote:
lagomez wrote:
ounce wrote:

Thanks and good luck!

Oh.. I didn't send in my official scores (I wrote it in Sep 2009) because no other schools request official scores at the application stage. It's typically required upon admission offer, I think.

Does anyone know if lack of official GMAT score will delay the reviewing process? I guess I'll have to call Yale tomorrow to ask....

Found this on the site

Sending your score: Once you complete the exam, please designate Yale SOM to receive an official copy of your score report. We won’t have access to your report unless you do, so it’s important to submit your request as soon as possible so we can match your report with your application
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
ounce wrote:
lagomez wrote:
ounce wrote:

Thanks and good luck!

FYI: I contacted adcom for this issue before, they DO need your official GMAT score report. So please send it ASAP.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Send PM
Congrats to those who received interview invite. Mine is awaiting TOEFL score. Hope they'll match it soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 1.5 years in Banking/Capital Markets
WE 2: ~1 year in financial services/risk mgmt
Send PM
I know I'm jumping the gun, but if you get interviewed earlier, does that mean you're notified of a decision earlier? Or does everyone just get notified on April 2?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
 Q49  V41
WE 1: insurance
WE 2: IT
Send PM
Throwing my hat in too . R2 applicant at Yale SOM. Submitted my application on Jan 2. No intimation yet. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
You guys are lucky to hear back so soon! I submitted Nov. 16th and still nothing.. Is today the first day Round 2 interviews are going out?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
hookemhorns86 wrote:
You guys are lucky to hear back so soon! I submitted Nov. 16th and still nothing.. Is today the first day Round 2 interviews are going out?

I think YALE is doing kind of an rolling admission. I submitted my app on 7th January, they are still waiting for my official gmat and toefl scores. arghhhhhhh
I don't know.. those who got an interview invite so quickly I am so jealous of them.. and wish them good luck...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I think ppl who got interview invitation should have everything ready in their status page including GMAT score report. Please confirm~
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hohoo wrote:
I think ppl who got interview invitation should have everything ready in their status page including GMAT score report. Please confirm~

yes, that's rit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Columbia Business School '13
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.22
WE 1: Public Accounting (big firm)
WE 2: Public Accounting (small firm)
WE 3: Internet Startup
Send PM
I applied a few hours before the deadline on 1/07.
Received my interview invite yesterday at around 10:30am

Anyone have interview advice specific to Yale? The email said it would be with a second year MBA student.

Thanks!
Current Student
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
cpaswitcher wrote:
I applied a few hours before the deadline on 1/07.
Received my interview invite yesterday at around 10:30am

Anyone have interview advice specific to Yale? The email said it would be with a second year MBA student.

Thanks!

I want one too.....
good luckkk
would you mind sharing your profile?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
Please add to roll call page:

Submitted app for R2 1/7
waiting...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Had completed Yale's application in a lot of hurry. Made a mess out of it. :oops:

Had even reported wrong GMAT scores ... later emailed them with a request to rectify it. :P

I'll be lucky to get an interview call. :-D
VP
VP
Send PM
Angelwrath wrote:
Had completed Yale's application in a lot of hurry. Made a mess out of it. :oops:

Had even reported wrong GMAT scores ... later emailed them with a request to rectify it. :P

I'll be lucky to get an interview call. :-D

In my experience in dealing with admissions at Yale SOM, I would say they are fair and understand people make mistakes. I'm sure you'll be fine.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29  ...  46