Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:07 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:IESE '13
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.07
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance and General Management
Schools:IESE (admit)
 Q40  V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling All IESE 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
The same thing happened with me. They said that they would give me more details this week...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
I just heard. I'm interviewing in NYC the week after Thanksgiving.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Same with me. Hey, maybe I'll see you there!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I got an interview invitation for IESE on the 26th of November and I'm flying to Barcelona for taking part on the Assessment Day on the 27th. Can anyone provide me with insight information about the AD. How long does it last for? How difficult it is? Any advice would be helpful. I'm looking in the web but can't find anything of much relevance.

Thanks,

Antonio
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I must say I am in shock.

I also got invited to interview at the IESE - I am very very happy about this but in shock that it came so unbelievably quickly, and my recommenders haven't even submitted their LORs.... and it was a Round 2 app (i.e. Dec deadline)....

Also haven't found much info regarding the assessment day or interview... hmmm anyone here that can help?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Send PM
Hi semiconquer, so are you not going/invited to the assessment center on the 27th?
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V34
Send PM
chambax wrote:
Hi semiconquer, so are you not going/invited to the assessment center on the 27th?

Hi Chambax,

I was invited to either (a) attend the AD and personal interview at the Barcelona Campus on the 26th and 27th, respectively, or (b) be interviewed via VC. Since I live half a world away, I opted for the VC. The interviewer told me to wait for their decision before the 1st week of December. So I guess, it will either be a reject or an acceptance and not a waitlist pending attendance to the AD.

Let's see who gets the first admit!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Well I can say in the consulting space seem to feed into the major firms esp Boston Consulting group which has a big on campus presence. Also from some of my searches on linked in many seem to actually move into consulting roles from industry whereas at many programs the statistics are very high in consulting because people are returning to the same jobs.

However I think among the bigger firms they will know who IESE is but companies that dont have their finger on the MBA pulse it will be less well known.

In the UK for example Cranfield is probably more well known than IESE although IESE always ranks higher.

vivekrb wrote:
Rinie442 wrote:
They also attend very few MBA fairs here in London where I based.
There are MBA events here constantly but they rarely send a rep.

Informational interviews are also not synergetic. Meaning you can't meet alumni or scope out what type of people apply to the program and listen to other questions people have you may not have thought of.

Posted from my mobile device

Thats interesting. I would have imagined them to be more active with info sessions at least in Europe. Since you're based in the UK, do you have an opinion on the reputation of the school among recruiters there?

And btw, congratulations on your interview invite from IESE. (I just noticed that) Can I ask what other schools you have applied to?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: University of Toronto (Rotman) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.57
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview with IESE too a couple of weeks ago. It was an in-person, off-campus interview and it lasted just under 1 hour. I just want to join the group and hear if anyone got final decisions for round 1. I guess the deadline is December 3rd and I wonder if we should expect it around that time or somewhat earlier?

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V34
Send PM
becarev wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I had an interview with IESE too a couple of weeks ago. It was an in-person, off-campus interview and it lasted just under 1 hour. I just want to join the group and hear if anyone got final decisions for round 1. I guess the deadline is December 3rd and I wonder if we should expect it around that time or somewhat earlier?

Good luck to all!

HI becarev,

I also had my interview with IESE last week via VC. According to the interviewer, results will be released on the 1st week of December but I can be notified earlier than that. Are you also waiting for decision from other schools?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Semi.

I was just wondering what you meant by really personal in nature? In terms of the interview questions?

Cheers,

Quote:
semiconquer wrote:
Hi Chambax,

It's a little odd that they even read your application even if you haven't actually finished it. Maybe they're aiming that a lot of people will participate in the AD on Nov 26.

I had my interview last week and it was generally ok. Just prepare your answers as they come in blow-by-blow, giving you little time to ponder and think of your answers.

Most of the questions are really personal in nature. I guess they really want to know your personality after reading through your essays. We had a little trouble with the VC at first but it became smooth sailing after around 5 mins of testing.

The interview lasted an hour. My interviewer had to remind me that we only had one minute left for my interview. We finished on the dot!

To everyone,

Please post the first invite as I'm already dreading the day when my reject mail will come. Hehe... Just kidding. God Bless to everyone and Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V34
Send PM
Hi Rinnie,

Are you preparing for your IESE interview? Just read through the clearadmit blogs on the interview questions. They provide a very thorough discussion on the interview experience and questions.

What I meant with "personal in nature" is that the questions are geared towards you as a person and your inner characteristics. Not so much questions on Why MBA and Why IESE (but be prepared for those), but questions on your childhood, lessons learned in the past, and how you dealt with past conflicts with colleagues and superiors.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
how competitive is it for the Feb 28th deadline and beyond?
Intern
Intern
 Q40  V34
Send PM
Decisions for Round 1 will be out next week!!! Anxiety is building up!

Anyone who has received a final admit or a ding after an interview?

Also, good luck to everyone who will attend the Open Day in Barcelona and Interview on the 26th and 27th!
Intern
Intern
Schools:IESE Sept 2011 (admit), INSEAD Jan 2012
GPA: not good
Send PM
Hi semiconquer,

I also finished my interview via VC last week and am now waiting for the final result. I won't be attending the assessment day. I guess we will most likely receive the final decision after the adcom has had a chance to review all the candidates who would take their interview during the Assessment day.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
i did the profile evaluation thing online and they want to do an informal interview via phone... anyone have any experience doing this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology & Operations, Consulting, General Management
Schools:IESE Business School
Send PM
I am also done with my interview with the Admission Director for IESE. Now am eagerly awaiting the results. I guess we all have to wait till next weekend to know our fate! Keeping my fingers crossed :king and heart beating... :wink:
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts