Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats nervous!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nervous good luck with your interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q50  V35
Send PM
No interview for me [#permalink]
Hello all,

Although I am in Rochester, NY, Kellogg told me that they cannot provide me an off campus interview. They told me that they would call me if they need to learn more about my application.

I do not take this as a negative sign. I'll wait and see...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
There are probably no alums in your area who signed up to do interviews. So I wouldnt take it as a negative.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Alright, visiting Chicago 11/2-11/5. Staying over at the UofC I-House. Probably check out Chicago's campus Friday afternoon, Kellogg Saturday afternoon, then class visits for both schools on Monday before I fly out at night.

Anyone also going that weekend?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Going to Moscow for the next week-end for an interview with Kellogg alumnus.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Interview scheduled for tomorrow. Wish me luck guys.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think you have the first Kellogg interview. My interviewer had work commitments so he couldnt do it until next week...so now we are all going to anxiously await a debrief from you.

Good luck...just make sure you know why you want an MBA and why from Kellogg specifically.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations! All the best!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Kellogg Part II [#permalink]
Guys/Gals,

I submitted my app last Friday 5 hours before the R1 deadline. I immediately received an email from embark saying my application was submitted. That email also said the following:

"You will also receive a confirmation from Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University to confirm that your application has been received."

It has been one week and I STILL have yet to receive this confirmation email. Has anyone else received it? Should I worry?

Thanks in advance and best of luck to all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg Part II [#permalink]
MGOBLUE2 wrote:
Guys/Gals,

I submitted my app last Friday 5 hours before the R1 deadline. I immediately received an email from embark saying my application was submitted. That email also said the following:

"You will also receive a confirmation from Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University to confirm that your application has been received."

It has been one week and I STILL have yet to receive this confirmation email. Has anyone else received it? Should I worry?

Thanks in advance and best of luck to all!

I submitted on the 18th and received an e-mail on the 19th from "tiffany roe"...it was a one-liner from Kellogg saying that they have received my application and look forward to reviewing it. You might want to check your spam filter for that, but I doubt it's a big deal.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Same for me...I got the mail the next day, very brief.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
i got an email from Tiffany after submitting Part 1, but not Part 2. Did you receive two different emails from her?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got one on Oct 19th saying that I submitted Pt2 (I believe that was an automatic one). Then on the 22nd I got one from Tiffany saying they had recieved it. So in reality you should have gotten two emails. One immediately after you submitted and then one saying they recieved it. Do you know if your recs came through?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yep both recs were in on the 18th, before I even submitted. I called the Admissions office and the lady told me not to worry. But it doesn't make sense and I AM worried.

When you all login, what does it say? Maybe I can compare that to what I have.

Thanks again everyone.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Right at the top when I sign in it says:
Quote:
You submitted this application to Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University Part II on date: time. You can still work on any remaining parts of your application, but the application form itself is no longer available for editing.

Then if you click the link to submit confirmation or something along those lines it tells you that you submitted and gives you a form to print out as proof.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I had my interview for Kellogg today morning at 10AM. I was interviewing with a Kellogg alumni, who is employed at McKinsey. He is quite a young guy and had graduated in 2006. We fixed up the interview via SMS. I arrived at Coffee Bean about 5 min early. My interviewer was dressed quite informally in bermuda shorts and t-shirt and seemed like a easy going guy. He arrived and we had some small talk. He got himself a coffee and I declined to have anything as I did not want anything to distract me during the interview. I had a copy of my resume and I passed it to him. Once the initial chat was done he told me that he was starting the interview now and also about the role of this interview in the application.

First he started off by asking me to walk through my resume and go through the decisions that had taken me to where I was now in my career.
This was quite a standard question and I gave him my usual story.

Then he asked me to elaborate on my current job and and the role I play.

Now came the standard question of why and MBA and why at this point.

So I ran him through my usual story of why I want to get into consulting and the kind of areas I would like to focus on.

Why Kellogg. Another standard question. I told him about Kellogg's teamwork based culture and how I want to be in a place that encourages it.

Then he asked me about my greatest accomplishment at work and why did I think so
I told him about a project at work and the impact I had on my company

Next he focussed quite a lot on situational leadership and asked me if I had shown such leadership at work.
I elaborated on a crisis situation at work and how I was instrumental in resolving it.

Then a question about my progression and my increase in responsibilities at work since I had been in my company for two years.

where I would place myself in comparision to my peers top(5% or 10% or ..whatever)

What kind of ECAs I did at college and whether I had assumed any leadership positions.

What do I do in my spare time at work.
Told him about my long distance running, and also slipped in my community work experience.

His parting question was how I would define myself to be successful 10 years down the line.

He asked if I had any questions for him.
I asked him about Kellogg's culture and the clubs he took part in.
Asked him about his current career and how he chose it.

The interview ended with this and I bade my goodbyes and left Coffee Bean. He stayed behind and was jotting down some notes. The interview lasted 1 hour 5 minutes. I am not sure whether I rambled on too much or the interviewer was keen to know more about me. Overall the interview was conversational, interviewer did not interrupt or challenge me too much and he seemed quite keen on the whole process. Lets see how the results pan out.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16  ...  100