Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:33 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
So nervous that was new? Hmm you should probably ask others who are still waiting what theirs says. I still haven't sent my official transcript in. I am going to mail out a request to my undergrad to send it in soon. They dont "require" it until you accept admissions which is in several more months.

Hopefully this is a good sign for you.

If this helps this is what my status says on their website:
Quote:
Congratulations! You have been admitted to the Kellogg School of Management. You will receive your official admit letter and additional information via postal mail. We commend you on your personal and professional accomplishments, and we look forward to welcoming you to Kellogg.

Sincerely,

Beth Flye
Director of Admissions and Financial Aid

As a reminder, if you have not submitted official copies of your transcript(s), you must mail them to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible. Students who have not submitted official copies of their transcripts will not be eligible to participate in key fall activities.

Show-off! :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
cool...can the resume be 2 pages? unfortunately for me my gpa is rather low (worked throughout college) so I was hoping for an opportunity to show the amount of work I did....

Rule of thumb...NEVER EVER go beyond one page for a resume. When you graduate from b-school your resume will be a single page why would it be longer now. In general your work you use needs to add value, you dont want to put that you worked part time at a store in the mall on your resume.

Write about what you did for work in an optional essay and why it affected your GPA. Make sure to say why you worked and what you learned.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
aceman626 wrote:
cool...can the resume be 2 pages? unfortunately for me my gpa is rather low (worked throughout college) so I was hoping for an opportunity to show the amount of work I did....

Rule of thumb...NEVER EVER go beyond one page for a resume. When you graduate from b-school your resume will be a single page why would it be longer now. In general your work you use needs to add value, you dont want to put that you worked part time at a store in the mall on your resume.

Write about what you did for work in an optional essay and why it affected your GPA. Make sure to say why you worked and what you learned.

That is true for professional resumes...but I've come to realize that bschool apps are another beast, and that some schools do indeed ask for (or allow) 2 page resumes. Chicago is a good example (where I just got a fat ding arrrghgh) and I think there are others.

Anyway, so Kellogg does not allow more than 1 page then?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626,

As river said, I would keep your resume to 1 page. If you are asked for a detailed resume, then you can go over the 1-page limit but since it's a standard resume, keep it short and sweet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aceman626 wrote:
riverripper wrote:
aceman626 wrote:

That is true for professional resumes...but I've come to realize that bschool apps are another beast, and that some schools do indeed ask for (or allow) 2 page resumes. Chicago is a good example (where I just got a fat ding arrrghgh) and I think there are others.

Anyway, so Kellogg does not allow more than 1 page then?

FWIW
I went over 1 page for Chicago (and got in), but kept it to 1 page for Kellogg (and am awaiting decision).
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
So, today was the only day I somehow managed to forget about my cell phone. I left it in the pocket of my coat. At 4:55 it occurs to me that I haven't seen it for the entire day. At 4:56 I see a missed call from an 847 number. I get excited but then calm myself down because I know that a call should come from the "unknown" number. Nevertheless, I still listen to the voice-mail and guess what I hear???

" I am very excited to let you know that you were admitted to the 2-year program."
I start jumping up and down while my coworkers stare at me like “what is wrong on with you?”.

I AM ADMITTED TO KELLOGG!!! HOLY SH*T!!!

The call came in at 3:15 EST.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
I cheked my status today, and it seems that Adcoms added a section to the usual "All the required elements of your application are complete" section:

As a reminder, if you have not submitted official copies of your transcript(s), you must mail them to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible. Students who have not submitted official copies of their transcripts will not be eligible to participate in key fall activities.

My question for admitted students: did you submit the official copies of your transcript before you received your decision?

I don't really see the point of mailing them my official transcripts right now. This might turn out to be a waste of paper and time in case I get dinged.

I do not have that same notice, hopefully it means you will get a call from an unknown number soon!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:
So, today was the only day I somehow managed to forget about my cell phone. I left it in the pocket of my coat. At 4:55 it occurs to me that I haven't seen it for the entire day. At 4:56 I see a missed call from an 847 number. I get excited but then calm myself down because I know that a call should come from the "unknown" number. Nevertheless, I still listen to the voice-mail and guess what I hear???

" I am very excited to let you know that you were admitted to the 2-year program."
I start jumping up and down while my coworkers stare at me like “what is wrong on with you?”.

congrats!!! see you at DAK
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome----congrats on the great news- 'fat lady' :)

nervousgmat wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nervousgmat wrote:

Congrats! I guess my first post was a little late.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
OMG! Congrats nervous!!! Should you change your name to "elatedgmat" now? :wink:

Wow, I'm so happy for you to hear the good news!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
forcefeed wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

Congrats! I guess my first post was a little late.

Sweet!!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
regarding R2, I submitted my Part I back in November, first week, still haven't heard anything about an off-campus interview yet. Maybe that's a ding without even reading my essays? :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats nervous! now you don't have to be so nervous anymore.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
regarding R2, I submitted my Part I back in November, first week, still haven't heard anything about an off-campus interview yet. Maybe that's a ding without even reading my essays? :P

I got mine today and the one thing i hated about the communication was that it did not indicate the gender of the alum. I wrote an email opening with Dear Mr. xxx. that carries a 33% chance of me screwing up considering 33% grads are women. Will find soon enough.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow .. great job, nervous! You certainly need to change your id now
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats nervous. you certainly deserve it.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36  ...  100