Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Work exp. [#permalink]
Hi guys

1. How did you guys fill out full time employment history portion of Pt.I of app (page 4)? I have had one job, and still have the job. I have already answered current work on page 2 of PartI so I don't have to submit any info on employment history portion, correct?

2. Is the resume expanded resume or regular short-form resume you would submit at a career fair?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
Re: Work exp. [#permalink]
gmat2gmat wrote:
Hi guys

1. How did you guys fill out full time employment history portion of Pt.I of app (page 4)? I have had one job, and still have the job. I have already answered current work on page 2 of PartI so I don't have to submit any info on employment history portion, correct?

2. Is the resume expanded resume or regular short-form resume you would submit at a career fair?

1. I don't remember the parts but I would put your current job in the employment history as well. In addition, if you were promoted, I would list your titles and years you held that position in reverse chronological order. That way you could show your progression at your current employer.

2. Kellogg does not ask for an expanded resume, so a regular one-page resume is the way to go.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[quote="nervousgmat"][quote="gmat2gmat"]Hi guys

2. Is the resume expanded resume or regular short-form resume you would submit at a career fair?[/quote]

1. I don't remember the parts but I would put your current job in the employment history as well. In addition, if you were promoted, I would list your titles and years you held that position in reverse chronological order. That way you could show your progression at your current employer.

2. Kellogg does not ask for an expanded resume, so a regular one-page resume is the way to go.[/quote]

Thanks. So what would you recommend that I put for term date for the position that I am currently holding? I mean, how do i make it so that it they don't think i quit my job or something like that?

Also, is it ok to put your hobbies as extra curricular? i work typical consulting hours..
Current Student
Send PM
gmat2gmat wrote:

Thanks. So what would you recommend that I put for term date for the position that I am currently holding? I mean, how do i make it so that it they don't think i quit my job or something like that?

Also, is it ok to put your hobbies as extra curricular? i work typical consulting hours..

I'm sorry, I can't remember the format of the Part I at all - seems like years ago. If you can't put "current" for your present position in that section, then just list your past titles going back to when you started at your company, since based on what you said before, you already described your current position earlier in the application.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
For the current position I did not fill out the 'end date' in the date range for the time period of that I held the position.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Question for R1 applicants :

Roughly how much time does it take adcom to arrange for an off-campus interview after submitting part-I. The website says upto 6 weeks....just wanted to get a feel of the actual time it took for you all.

I live close to NYC..
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Didn't take very long for me to get an interview arranged...I dont think it will be that bad in NYC. There will be a lot of people to do those interviews.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
I haven't heard from the adcom at all since I submitted my Part I in early NOVEMBER. They're definitely taking their sweet time in contacting me for a R2 interview... :?

But then again, I'm not complaining, since I hope to have to prepare for some other interviews come January, haha.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Took around 4 weeks for me. I live in NYC area.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
makes me wonder... did they lose my application? :?
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey kry- did you get some emails from them saying that the application is receied and complete. The emails also contain your log in and password to check your status.

kryzak wrote:
makes me wonder... did they lose my application? :?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
OOOOPPPSSSS! :shock:

Not good... I guess I didn't know they won't send me any notifications after the first email, so I just logged in, and saw an "Interview Match Letter" dated NOVEMBER 5th, 2007. I submitted my Part I 10/24/07. I guess they got back to me very quickly.

Oh boy, so much for my Kellogg chances now! :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kryzak wrote:
OOOOPPPSSSS! :shock:

Not good... I guess I didn't know they won't send me any notifications after the first email, so I just logged in, and saw an "Interview Match Letter" dated NOVEMBER 5th, 2007. I submitted my Part I 10/24/07. I guess they got back to me very quickly.

Oh boy, so much for my Kellogg chances now! :cry:

That's strange. I got an email from Courtney Desai when they matched me with an interviewer.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
[#permalink]
either my spam filter ate that email, or they never sent it... I've been checking my spam filter too, and never saw anything...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thats rough Kry, I think there are some adcoms in this week so there is probably someone you can talk to there.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kry -- you will be fine. You are an R2 applicant. It is not a big deal, trust me.

It would be another matter if you applied in R1 :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think this would be a big problem... given the unpredictability of email filters and the size of the Kellogg applicant pool, this must come up at least a few times a year.

As River said, you can probably just call the Adcom office. I gotta say, the people I've spoken to in the Kellogg admissions office are among the nicest I've encountered during the admissions process. I'm sure they'll be able to help you out :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40  ...  100