Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:43 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
futuredukemba wrote:
Did anyone have difficulty uploading their scanned transcript into the Kellog online application? I have jpeg file that is about 124Kb and I keep receiving errors when attempting to upload

The only difficulty I had was scanning it and fitting it within the size limit of the file, while keeping it legible. Mine also was 4 pages long.

Whereas my school lost the transcripts for my first 2 years, and didn`t record my grades for the last year, so just gave me an average grade in everything (I know full well i aced some topics and did dismally in others)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, concerning the resume we need to submit for Kellogg, can it be the same one you would submit to a potential employer? or should I remove education from it?

I believe that it will be provided to the interviewer, but does the interviewer look at the application?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
I was cleaning out my desk and came across a highlighted chat from Kellogg this fall, here are a few interesting tidbits. The second one could be helpful to internationals who haven’t submitted their app yet as a reason you like Kellogg.

When asked about career changers competing for IB jobs…
Leigh Nagy Frasher (career services) wrote:
Kellogg is very unique in that almost all of the students going into ibanking are career changers, so you’ll be in good company. The alumni at the banks coming to Kellogg to recruit are very aware that students are career changers. There will be networking events starting in October, but I think the one thing that sets Kellogg apart at these events is that students are very collegial to each other and it is not a cutthroat atmosphere. Also, the clubs, second years, our workshops and your classes will prepare you to be able to speak the language of consulting and banking

Asked about internationals competing for jobs (may make for a good little thing to show some real knowledge of the school and fit)
Leigh Nagy Frasher (career services) wrote:
Last year our international students did well. We actually instituted a new program this year for our international students that occurs the 3 weeks prior to classes called ACE. During this session we cover some language/accent classes, how to network in the US, how to get up to speed on US pop culture, dining etiquette, etc. It was a great pilot program and will be doing it again this year.

Thank you river. On the other hand, Kellogg is one of the few schools that explicitly warns international students that the job market within the US will be tough for them. (of course that statement doesnt say whether the internationals did good in the US or abroad)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I think that Kellogg was just being honest when they stated that. Its not like its any different for any other school. The visas are by company and generally the people who recruit at Kellogg recruit at all the ultra elites. So I actually give them credit for being the only school that is upfront about it.

Is today deadline day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Yes. Did anyone else just pull an all-nighter?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nontraditional wrote:
Yes. Did anyone else just pull an all-nighter?

3.5 hours of sleep... I just don't know how it happens, but I am always a last minute type of person...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Roll call since today is the deadline so the list should be finalized. Add or update yourself.

Kellogg R2:
kryzak: Submitted & Interviewed
branson: Submitted & Interviewed
togafoot: Submitted
trojan812: Submitted
CerealsMBA:
bkk145:
dosa:
pandeyrav:
sperinko:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
Will turn it in tonight (probably very late)... had to spend two bloody hours last night trying to get my scanned transcripts down to size, wasting precious essay-revising time. Oh well :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
terry12 wrote:
Will turn it in tonight (probably very late)... had to spend two bloody hours last night trying to get my scanned transcripts down to size, wasting precious essay-revising time. Oh well :)

Tell me about it. The scanning process is very frustrating since Kellogg wants "one inch margin on top" for everything that has to be uploaded. I had to resized my transcripts to do that...and it took me about 2 hours as well.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Cant you just paste the scanned image on a word document and upload it? I have done that for all my other schools.

I was even lazy to scan- just used my camera and was able to get a better resolution I think.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
Cant you just paste the scanned image on a word document and upload it? I have done that for all my other schools.

I was even lazy to scan- just used my camera and was able to get a better resolution I think.

That makes sense. Naturally, I was too dumb to think of it :-D

I'd used the self-reporting Excel templates for my prior apps, so this was my first experience trying to scan 'em.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I had to paste mine in a word file which I converted to a PDF to make it fit. Ya the self reported ones are far better, especially since they all seem to use the same format so you can pretty much copy and paste.

Good luck getting them in on time guys.
Director
Director
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:

Yea I did the same thing. Scanned and pasted on word doc. But I resized for smaller file size and the 1" margin on top requirement.

What River suggested is a great idea though. Converting to PDF will eliminate the huge picture file size. Thanks River.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
CerealsMBA wrote:
Guys, concerning the resume we need to submit for Kellogg, can it be the same one you would submit to a potential employer? or should I remove education from it?

I believe that it will be provided to the interviewer, but does the interviewer look at the application?

Yes, include education. The interview is blind, so all they have to go by is your resume.
Director
Director
Send PM
mba2010 wrote:
CerealsMBA wrote:

Yes, include education. The interview is blind, so all they have to go by is your resume.

Question: If you interview on campus (me in early Feb), does that mean it is not blind?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:
mba2010 wrote:
CerealsMBA wrote:

Question: If you interview on campus (me in early Feb), does that mean it is not blind?

ALL interviews are blind.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kellogg R2:
kryzak: Pt II Submitted & Interviewed
CerealsMBA: Pt II Submitted
bkk145: In progress
dosa: Pt I submitted
pandeyrav: Pt I Submitted
togafoot: ptII Submitted
branson: Pt II Submitted & Interviewed
trojan812: ptII submitted

I am done with essays for this year ! Time to drink... Good luck to all those of you still polishing up essays.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51  ...  100