Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 13:39 It is currently 04 May 2024, 13:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
s1304g wrote:
Hi, I'm an applicant from India. Haven't received a call or email yet but the 'check app status' page changed so make sure you keep checking :)

What has the 'check app status' page changed to ? Are you in ? Congrats if you are!
I checked my application status and it hasn't changed.

All the best to everyone waiting.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bonnierong2010 wrote:
onechance wrote:
Filmguy wrote:
I havent seen any Indian candidates confirm a call/email yet. One guy from China did however.

Just checked my status online. Rejected. Indian based out of India. Before questions start coming in, no email received notifying me of status update. I just checked my status online.

Move on Onechance, I guess we've come across in several threads... How's your R2 application results up to now?

I also checked my status, which still says "All the required elements of your application are complete...blarblarblar". Hope I have good news today.

Have we? Either way, it's not been too good for me. Rejected without interview at HBS, rejected after interview (invited) at Tuck and still on the Ross waitlist from Round 1 (after being interviewed).

I put in everything I had into the Kellogg app and can certainly say that my essays here were my best work out of all the apps. That may well have been a function of Kellogg being the last app I submitted. I don't know. Also, I don't come from a traditional Indian pool (education and work experience) and I saw that in R1 1/2 Indians from this pool were made offers by Kellogg. That could've been a reason. It's hard not to be disappointed with this one since Kellogg is where my heart was set...I love being in the thick of things and in the midst of people. For what it's worth, my interviewer just didn't care to listen when I brought out these aspects in the interview and strangely, for the most part, tried to convince me that going out of India at the moment is not wise!

Anyway, waiting to hear from Duke and Booth (was interviewed at both). I really hope one of them comes through. I have interviewed at every place I applied to (with the exception of HBS) and have nothing to show yet apart from an ISB (in India) admit. 6 out of 7 interviews and yet such a low final hit rate. Increasingly I think I suck at it.

All the best to you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
gijoedude wrote:
This is annoying. I wish Kellogg would just pick a day and let all the applicants know what their status is. So much easier. In the last 2-3 pages you have people being accepted/rejected in random order.

This reminds me of that episode from How I Met Your Mother where Barney is waiting to be slapped by Marshall. When Barney knew when Marshall was going to slap him, Barney was mentally prepared for the worst for that day. But when he didn't know when he was going to get slapped, Barney went completely nuts in anticipation of the slap.

That's what's happening to me right now.

Absolutely agree! I have given up looking for patterns...so waiting for the dreaded "slap" :P

I think that all the people who are noticing their status change to be "Ding" on the website, would have the same status yesterday as well. There couldn't have been any updates during CST night!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
onechance wrote:
bonnierong2010 wrote:
onechance wrote:

Just checked my status online. Rejected. Indian based out of India. Before questions start coming in, no email received notifying me of status update. I just checked my status online.

Move on Onechance, I guess we've come across in several threads... How's your R2 application results up to now?

I also checked my status, which still says "All the required elements of your application are complete...blarblarblar". Hope I have good news today.

Have we? Either way, it's not been too good for me. Rejected without interview at HBS, rejected after interview (invited) at Tuck and still on the Ross waitlist from Round 1 (after being interviewed).

I put in everything I had into the Kellogg app and can certainly say that my essays here were my best work out of all the apps. That may well have been a function of Kellogg being the last app I submitted. I don't know. Also, I don't come from a traditional Indian pool (education and work experience) and I saw that in R1 1/2 Indians from this pool were made offers by Kellogg. That could've been a reason. It's hard not to be disappointed with this one since Kellogg is where my heart was set...I love being in the thick of things and in the midst of people. For what it's worth, my interviewer just didn't care to listen when I brought out these aspects in the interview and strangely, for the most part, tried to convince me that going out of India at the moment is not wise!

Anyway, waiting to hear from Duke and Booth (was interviewed at both). I really hope one of them comes through. I have interviewed at every place I applied to (with the exception of HBS) and have nothing to show yet apart from an ISB (in India) admit. 6 out of 7 interviews and yet such a low final hit rate. Increasingly I think I suck at it.

All the best to you.

Cheer up dude, quite amazing that you got 6 interviews out of 7 apps . And I'm sure Duke and Booth will appreciate you. I am also waiting for Duke, so wish us best of the luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bonnierong2010 wrote:

I also checked my status, which still says "All the required elements of your application are complete...blarblarblar". Hope I have good news today.[/quote]

All the best to you.[/quote]

Cheer up dude, quite amazing that you got 6 interviews out of 7 apps . And I'm sure Duke and Booth will appreciate you. I am also waiting for Duke, so wish us best of the luck![/quote]

And I'm sure Duke and Booth will appreciate you.
>> Amen to that.

Thanks, Bonnie. Are you an Indian based out of India?

Here's wishing both of us the best of luck..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Okay, I made a mess of quoting text in my last post. But you get me, Bonnie...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
onechance wrote:

Nope.. I'm from mainland China, another highly competitive pool 8-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bonnierong2010 wrote:
onechance wrote:

Good luck, either way...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
onechance wrote:
bonnierong2010 wrote:
onechance wrote:

Good luck, either way...

Good luck guys. I have just checked my status and found out a ding mail. Very upset. I am a reapplicant female from Western Europe with GMAT 680. Don't know what to do now as I applied only to Kellogg this time... Do you guys think it makes sense for me to apply again in the 1st round? :(
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q51 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.54
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
I just checked my status online and got dinged, no email. First time applicant from India. disappointed. Waiting for results of Wharton/Booth now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 170 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi fella G-clubbers,
Sorry to hear some of you got rejected. Congrats to those who received 'You are IN' call/email. I was reading a thread and somewhat relived the feeling of joy after R1 decision.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 500 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
How do you check your status? I went onto the site and it says submitted for part 1 and 2. Does that mean no ding yet or can u fnd status in anoter area?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
afyl128 wrote:
How do you check your status? I went onto the site and it says submitted for part 1 and 2. Does that mean no ding yet or can u fnd status in anoter area?

Google: "Kellogg status"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 500 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
gmatmba1 wrote:
afyl128 wrote:

Google: "Kellogg status"

Thanks found it. Just says all parts are complete. Gives me hope!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any news if the calls have started flowing out today..? :|
Intern
Intern
Send PM
confusedandweird wrote:
Any news if the calls have started flowing out today..? :|

I think they started around noon yesterday, so maybe the same again today.

Congrats to those accepted already! Best of luck with other schools for those that got dinged. And good luck staying sane for those (like me) still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Just got a Ding email. Still holding out for Booth.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  82   83   84   85   86   87   88  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts