Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Haas (R1) HBS (R2) Yale SOM (R2) Tuck (R2)
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 114 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: International Development, Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford
 Q48  V47
GPA: 3.6 - Ivy
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Fall 2010 applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Quote:
Of course I was so excited I forgot to post my profile. M/31/GMAT 750/3.5 GPA/9 yrs WE as a Software Engineer working on Unmanned Airplanes

Obviously a career switcher here.

Heh. When I see "Unmanned Airplanes" I definitely get an image of airplanes who sing falsetto in the airplane choir...

Congrats, though, hokiegenius - and good luck!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
Oh my, Clinical Professor Galloway will be so proud his infamy is growing so far.

He is an entertaining chap, but you really need more than that as a reason to take his class. Any Professor can act like a jack-ass about people arriving late (some will have you removed immediately by a TA and ignore you, others completely dress you down infront of the class) so it is hardly that unusual beyond that he went and publicised it.

You can only eat grains or fruit in his class as well, and only drink water. His class has a very strong reputation, but as you can imagine he is a polarizing type of character (I didn't take it because, in some ways, I am probably too much like him).

Anyone interviewing feel free to get in touch and hopefully I will not be too busy so that I can offer assistance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Darden (R1), Ross (R1), Stern (R1), Fuqua (R1), Booth (R2)
Send PM
Kudos
Talk about unexpected...just received an interview invite; was wait-listed in round 1...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Crashing, did you do anything (send in any supplimental materials) between when you heard you were waitlisted and when you were invited to interview? If so, what were they?
Thanks,
Nick

Crashing wrote:
Talk about unexpected...just received an interview invite; was wait-listed in round 1...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hi all,

i was invited to interview earlier this week (submitted on deadline day) and am superexcited for my visit. i have planned the interview, lunch with a student, and a valuation class, with only 15 min between the lunch and class. is this cutting it too close?

also, do you know if there is specified attire? should i assume business attire?

thank you!

best of luck to all...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Schools:Wharton!!! Stern Columbia HBS
Send PM
Kudos
Crashing wrote:
Can someone post the dates of the official admitted student weekend (if it hasn't already happened...)

It's April 15-17.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance and Strategy
Schools:[color=red][CBS Class of 2013]
 Q37  V40 GMAT 2: 700  Q43  V44
GPA: 3.88
WE 1: 2 years investment banking (middle-market)
WE 2: 3.5 years transaction modeling / consulting (big 4)
Send PM
Kudos
I submitted on 1/15 and havent heard anything yet either. I think in my case the delay may be partly attributable to the fact that I sent an updated GMAt score after the deadline (1/27) and had stated that I was planning on doing so in essay 4 when I submitted my app. My understanding is that a lot of people are still waiting to hear back though so I wouldnt be too concerned just yet.

Also, I was recently informed that NYU has a rolling application evaluation process. the jan 15th is a deadline for round 2, but I believe that they have been reviewing round 2 apps in the order they were received since the round 1 deadline of 11/15. During an interview at one of my schools, I met a guy who had applied to Stern in december and he said that he was admitted a few weeks ago.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I asked admissions if the majority of invites for R2 had already gone out and I was 100% stonewalled with a canned response. C'est la vie.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Booth (admitted R1), NYU (interview Mar 4), UT (withdrawn), Rice (admitted R2) plus dings at HBS, Stanford, Wharton and CBS
 Q45  V46
GPA: 3.4
WE 1: Oil and gas
Send PM
Kudos
If it helps you R2 guys I submitted R1 and am only just now interviewing. I got my invite at the end of Jan, maybe very early Feb. There's time...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [1]
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
Kudos
Simply by applying a uniform distribution, no, the majority of R2 invites have not gone out. Say take it that the first R2 would have been Feb 1 (giving two weeks to sort files, which is ambitious). That means they are maybe half way through.

The reason they cannot or will not say is that the approach is iterative: Interview, decide, if no return to interview -until the target makeup and size of class is reached. It is simply impossible to say how it stands. Safe to say that your chances are not gone.

I wouldn't bother calling as you will never get any more than the fact that invites go out until and including April 1.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
Kudos
It's actually a "rolling notification" process, you may be invited to interview at anytime until the deadline. However, applications are not read in the order they are received, they are more often than not just picked randomly.

quantconcerns wrote:
Also, I was recently informed that NYU has a rolling application evaluation process.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I hope the final decision is before the full three wks.. Ten days seems bearable at least. I interviewed last wed, and I have been refreshing my inbox every two minutes ever since.

For the poster above, if u look a handful of posts up there's a guy who got wl"d in r1 who got invited for an interview recently,so I guess they're already comparing waitlisters with r2 applicants.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just got an interview invitation from Stern. I am really excited only problem I cannot travel to NY (visa needs at least a month to issue plus extremely busy at work). Has anyone done an interview in London ?
Whats the procedure ?
My stats by the way: M/26/GPA 3.3./Master 3.6/ GMAT 750/4 years sales & trading
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I just found out I got into Stern!! I got back from a meeting at work and saw an email sent at 4:59 PM indicating that my status had changed... absolutely nerve-wracking logging in, and then clicking "view status letter." I had to ask a co-worker to read it because I literally thought I might be hallucinating. :shock:

I had my interview exactly a week ago (last Wed). Very quick turnaround, to which I am incredibly grateful.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back, both for interviews and final decisions! I know what an insane, long, and stressful process it is!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Kudos
I received my happy letter this night (my time))). :lol: :-D :lol:

Oh, I am so happy!!! Two weeks I waited for a decision after my interview were so painful!!!

Good luck for those who still wait...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I was waitlisted in R1 but was very surprised to receive an email today telling me I'm invited to interview as part of a special interview day for the NYU Stern Summer Start program on Mar 25 in NYC.

Did anyone else get this email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Nonprofit, social entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard (R1), Stanford (R1), Yale (R1), Berkeley (R2), NYU (R2)
 Q46  V42
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an interview invite this morning- I had almost given up! Applied R2 right on the deadline. Best of luck to all...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  54