Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 10:36 It is currently 03 May 2024, 10:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Columbia applicants for 2008 [#permalink]
kwam wrote:
I've just received the interview invitation...

Yay Kwam! Now lock that down and turn it into an admit... :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
kwam just needs Stanford, Harvard, and Kellogg to complete the M7 hat trick :) With his background, i think he could, if only he applied to HBS and Kellogg.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I just interviewed for Columbia last Wednesday with an alumnus, so I'm waiting to hear something... My first post, so nice to meet all of you.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Congrats Kwam and good luck with the interview. Based on your success so far, you should be in good shape with the CBS interview.

Congrats, businessdoc, on the interview. Keep us posted on the decision notification.
VP
VP
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Just returned from vacation.

I sent an e-mail before I went to one of the possible interviewers and now I see that he wants to do a phone e interview as he is living at NYC :| :?

Should I accept that I try another interviewer? What would you guys do and what do you guys think about that?
VP
VP
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Forget

I've just called adcom, and they told me to try to schedule a face-to-face interview with another ambassador. So here I go again!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Had my interview this past weekend and I think it went very well. This was my first interview with an alum and it was very conversational. Touched upon the usual questions, nothing out of the blue. I would prepare for the "ethical dilemna" question as it seems it is a "canned" question according to my interviewer. He did not stress too much over my goals or even why columbia. He wanted to know more about my interests and probed deepers into my answers. It probably also helped that he knew about IIT and how difficult it is to get in- so asked me about that. Overall the alum had positive things to say at the end of it and said would write a great reco (I hope he did! :)). He did submit his feedback already and now am waiting for the final decision.

I just thought it was odd that CBS requires the alums to check my photo ID - nice idea but seemed odd :) So be prepared to show your ID if asked!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Chicago also requires a photo ID check.
dosa_don wrote:
I just thought it was odd that CBS requires the alums to check my photo ID - nice idea but seemed odd :) So be prepared to show your ID if asked!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Another Columbia email, but not the one I want! This one inviting me to a bunch of Columbia Alumni Association events. Guys, you gotta let me IN first, so I can then BECOME an alum... *sigh*
Current Student
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
Had my interview this past weekend and I think it went very well. This was my first interview with an alum and it was very conversational. Touched upon the usual questions, nothing out of the blue. I would prepare for the "ethical dilemna" question as it seems it is a "canned" question according to my interviewer. He did not stress too much over my goals or even why columbia. He wanted to know more about my interests and probed deepers into my answers. It probably also helped that he knew about IIT and how difficult it is to get in- so asked me about that. Overall the alum had positive things to say at the end of it and said would write a great reco (I hope he did! :)). He did submit his feedback already and now am waiting for the final decision.

Good stuff, Dosa! I think that that fact that the feedback has already been submitted signifies that the alum enjoyed the interview. Hopefully you will hear some good news soon, and with Columbia it can come at any moment! Keep us posted!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:

All the best dosa - I am sure you will crack CBS!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
Overall the alum had positive things to say at the end of it and said would write a great reco (I hope he did! :)). He did submit his feedback already and now am waiting for the final decision.

You can do it!!
Current Student
Send PM
There's a lot of admits today on the BW Columbia Regular Decision thread. I know you just interviewed yesterday, but I have to start the chant...

Dosa! Dosa! Dosa! Dosa!....
Current Student
Send PM
:lol: DJ I guess you seem to be more optimistic about my chances than me! :) While I appreciate CBS's very transparent process, the rolling decisions process is a bit of a pain- everytime my BB buzzes, my heart skips a beat and then I read some junk email....most of the guys who got their admits had their status complete earlier than me, so I probably have a few more days. Thanks for support!!! :)

djhouse81 wrote:
There's a lot of admits today on the BW Columbia Regular Decision thread. I know you just interviewed yesterday, but I have to start the chant...

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology Management
Schools:Fuqua, Anderson, Johnson, Ross
Send PM
djhouse81 wrote:

Oh man, I am so hungry now & I still got work to do! I wouldn't mind a crisp, hot dosa for dinner :)

Wish you the best, Dosa!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I applied around 25th Dec and have not heard back anything yet and its getting me worried. Has anybody who applied after me heard back for an interview already? Usually how long do they take to send out an interview?
Current Student
Send PM
I submitted early December and received mine in mid jan. I know that last year and even in ED, they seem to utilize the full 12 week window to make their decisions. so you still have a lot of time before you start worrying. good luck!

vchhaochharia wrote:
I applied around 25th Dec and have not heard back anything yet and its getting me worried. Has anybody who applied after me heard back for an interview already? Usually how long do they take to send out an interview?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  28   29   30   31   32   33   34  ...  42