Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
1. I think any day Monday-Thursday should be fine so any of the days you have listed should work out. I think you'll find that you'll have plenty of opportunity to interact with students no matter which day you visit. It seems that we tend to have the most visitors on Mondays.

2. I'm actually not sure about events open to applicants. I would suggest asking someone in the admissions office; I'm just not very current on that type of info. I do believe you'll find, as I did last year, that folks in the admissions office will be happy to hear from you. This definitely isn't the case at all schools.

3. I can definitely meet with you if you'd like. Generally, there are chances during first coffee (a 1/2 break between our first and 2nd classes each day). I think most visitors have lunch with 2nd year hosts, and there's generally time to meet before lunch. Something else you could do is ask to sit with Section A when you go for your class visit. If you schedule a visit, I'll tell you my name and I think the admissions office will be happy to accommodate.

4. I know there's a Residence Inn within easy walking distance of Darden. There's also a Best Western that is about 20 minutes by foot. If you stay elsewhere around town, cab service is pretty accessible.

5. Most students have been wearing suits (male, hard to generalize female). I think it would be fine to wear a sport coat, or go business casual. Perhaps a suit without a tie?

Good luck.
anadimisra wrote:
Pelihu,
First of all thanks for all the informative posts you have all over the forum.

I am planning to vsit Darden and the class visit dates available now are:

Nov 19,20,26,27,28,29 and Dec 03.

My questions are:

1) What days of week are best to visit in terms of meeting students?
2) Are there any other events that I can take advantage of on any of the above mentioned dates?
3) Will I have the honour to meet you when I visit? If yes, is there any specific date out of the above that works best for you.
4) What is the best place to stay if I have to reach the campus and I do not have a car?
5) What has been the normal dress code among students who visited classes tll now.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
That was fast. Thanks. Will PM you once I have scheduled the visit.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
<snip>

4. I know there's a Residence Inn within easy walking distance of Darden. There's also a Best Western that is about 20 minutes by foot. If you stay elsewhere around town, cab service is pretty accessible.

<snip>

Hi,
I visited during an open house event and found the Best Western friendly and convenient, if a bit dowdy. They had, by far, the best rate of all the places I checked on within close proximity. (the rate on the phone was much better than that listed on the web) At the time of my visit the place was packed with young women visiting for a tennis tournament.

There are many reasons why one might chose not to drive but I think it would make your trip more convenient to have transportation under your own command. The school is located in a very beautiful area, though not metropolitan, area. I drove down (from IAD) and the drive was quite pleasant. Large swaths of the countryside resemble a golf course and there were many photogenic bits in the trip. Darden has a dedicated parking lot and provided day passes for visitors, making access to the campus with a car painless. I did not have the chutzpah to schedule a meeting with pelihu and regret I didn't as I much admire many of the thoughtful things he has posted.

Best Western Cavalier Inn
105 Emmett Street N US Charlottesville, Virginia, 22903-1728, United States
Phone: 434-296-8111
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Helpslip. That was helpful.

Anyone from NC, SC or GA visitng Darden soon? I am planning on driving if I can get someone to accompany me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
and count me in for R2. My first and the only app for this season.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
3. I can definitely meet with you if you'd like. Generally, there are chances during first coffee (a 1/2 break between our first and 2nd classes each day). I think most visitors have lunch with 2nd year hosts, and there's generally time to meet before lunch. Something else you could do is ask to sit with Section A when you go for your class visit. If you schedule a visit, I'll tell you my name and I think the admissions office will be happy to accommodate.

Pelihu, scheduled a visit and sent you a PM.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lanter1 wrote:
i got an email saying "recieved"....i guess that means they got everything to begin a review of the application.

My status changed to recieved yesterday ..yours changed on nov 4 ...:( looks like every school looks at my app. at the very last ...
oh well, i always submit on the last hour ! ...so I guess its me who brings about this eternal desperate wait....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Received the same mail sometime last week.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Can someone give some idea of when the interview invites might come along ?

Growing impatient with the long wait !

https://sivaofperinkolam.blogspot.com
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sperinko wrote:
Can someone give some idea of when the interview invites might come along ?

Growing impatient with the long wait !

I read somewhere that the adcoms started reviewing applications on November 19th. I'd give it at least a week or two for them to start inviting people for interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah...I guess the invites will be out by Dec 1st....to give folks time to make plans to attend interviews between Dec 17th to 21st.
nervousgmat wrote:
I read somewhere that the adcoms started reviewing applications on November 19th. I'd give it at least a week or two for them to start inviting people for interviews.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
The status of my app changed to "Pending" :

"Your application is now with the Admissions Committee for evaluation. You will be notified of your decision by email on the decision date assigned to the application round in which you applied."

Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yup...mine turned to 'Pending' yesterday. Any idea what is the significance of this status? Is it equivalent to Wharton's 'Complete-Round 1'? If it is, then Darden took a really long time (nearly a month) to send the apps to the AdCom.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Does Darden offer a TOEFL waiver for students
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Someone on BW reported an invite. I guess it has started. All the best guys...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
They waived mine. I mentioned that language of instruction in my undergrad was in English and also that I have been working in the US for over three years.
tsaditya wrote:
Does Darden offer a TOEFL waiver for students
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks KingKREEP, good luck to you as well.

KingKREEP wrote:
Someone on BW reported an invite. I guess it has started. All the best guys...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15