Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE:Marketing (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 207 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
sorry guys for not responding to your kind words of encouragement earlier. Going in, I knew that I was putting all my eggs into the same basket. The initial plan was to apply to US business schools next year.

I took a day to take stock of the situation and my next course of action. A two year program that I start next year will make me too old; I am already past 30. I had never really researched options at Oxford, Cambridge and IE. Thanks for suggesting them to me. I did over the past week and happy to report that I did submit my application to Cambridge this week and will do so for Oxford next week. Haven't made up my mind 100% about IE. There is little to go about other than what is available on IE website.

As during my GMAT preparation, gmatclub (and that's you guys) has once again proved to be the rock of support during this whole process.

I am sure 5, 10 years from now, we will all be on our ways trying to make our mark in the world... and looking back, I am sure this community will be as much in the back of your mind as it would for me.

Thanks.

PS: enkie, i saw you on oxford forum. are you still torn between INSEAD and oxford or have you made up your mind. I would love to go on a local food trip with you and/or be a guest blogger on your site.

PS2: Completely made up question - if all of you were admitted to Oxford/Cambridge/IE/ESADE/?, which one would you choose and why? Keep the cost consideration aside when answering my question.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:

PS2: Completely made up question - if all of you were admitted to Oxford/Cambridge/IE/ESADE/?, which one would you choose and why? Keep the cost consideration aside when answering my question.

Sanjuro9, nice to see u back & prepare for other schools :)
Since I also applied IE, want to share some thought of mine.

Their MBA program has two tracks, one is Spanish, the other is English. I guess you would like to apply the latter.
The track also have an option of MIT supply chain program. I don't have much details but i believe this is sth like cooperation program that you could get two degrees at one time. If you are interested, you can write to IE and ask for details.

Compared to ESADE, IE is a much younger school, both of them have good reputation. Together with IESE, they are considered the big 3 B-schools in Spain. But IE was the only one located in Madrid. I guess this might give you a bit advantage for co-op in Madrid. You don't have a major competition from another school.

They offer a 6 wks Spanish class before the semester starts for free. If you want to master Spanish, Madrid will be a better choice over Barcelona, given the consideration that Barca locals speak their own dialect. But ESADE do give you more options in terms of program length, it is more flexible.

In terms of weather, I would say Barcelona might be the best. Madrid snows in the winter, according my Spanish teacher who lives there for over 7 years, Madrid is a lot like Beijing -- so i guess would somehow like Chicago.

People:
I'd say I LOVE ESADE people! Very friendly & warm. This is the only school that makes me feel I should apply because their people are just soooooooooo nice! Even though I did make a decision not to submit application in the end because of other factors.

I believe MBA is not just about study, thus I pass any schools in UK simply because I know I can't eat fish and chips for a year...I am sure I can't afford a lot of good Chinese food in UK. I know how big food means to me..so as much as I know how good many UK B schools are, and the fact UK has better economy than Spain. I guess this is a funny reason but anyway I choose not to apply basically because this. I guess for me this is not only education but also one year different living experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
sanjuro9 wrote:
sorry guys for not responding to your kind words of encouragement earlier. Going in, I knew that I was putting all my eggs into the same basket. The initial plan was to apply to US business schools next year.

once again, have you looked into the Columbia J-term?! it is about 30% of the total full time Program. BUT, 70% of this intake are international students and older applicants since there is no internship.. I believe it is very strong alternative to INSEAD Sept intake. another option, is Tepper school of business, they offer the option to finish your study in 16 month to graduate in Dec following year instead of may second year and same as Columbia J-term there is no internship.
all of all, I wish u best. your words here tell you are nice person...god luck..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
I took the torch...

Let me know if there are any other updates!

sandymp - invited
walktalk - ?
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
LSSMBA wrote:
I finished my INSEAD interviews this week. Both were very casual interviews with no crazy case studies or anything. The interviewers asked the usual types of questions - tell me about yourself, why a MBA, why INSEAD, leadership skills, what if you don't get your MBA then what, etc. The second Alumni I interviewed with was very frank about the process and told me there are certain things that she needs to evaluate on during the interview - two of which are leadership and international experience. She also gave immediate feedback and said she is going to "pass me through." !!! Regardless of the good news, that doesn't mean that I will get an acceptance from INSEAD in the end. So fingers are still crossed!

Sanjuro - I'm so sorry to hear that you got dinged. I wish you the best on the next steps on your MBA journey. Said, Judge, and IE are all great schools and have strengths in different areas. I don't think there is an exact answer to your question on which one is best. It depends on where your MBA and post-MBA interests lay. Best of luck on your applications!

Hi LSSMBA, thanks so much for sharing your interview experiences, especially to know the fields that interviewers are asked to evaluate. Good Luck!!!!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
LSSMBA wrote:
I took the torch...

Let me know if there are any other updates!

sandymp - invited
walktalk - ?
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?

Sanjuro9, wish you all the best and Best luck for your next application.!!

LSSMBA, please count me in. I got invite last Monday. But interviews probably won't happen until May since my two interviewers and me are all on vacation...;)
Good luck with all others who have interviews soon !!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats walktalk! :)

The list is updated:

sandymp - invited
walktalk - invited
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello guys
I am new in the forum. Got invited April 4th. Finished my interviews April 18th. Anyone else from Greece?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Send PM
ditris wrote:
Hello guys
I am new in the forum. Got invited April 4th. Finished my interviews April 18th. Anyone else from Greece?

Congrats, ditris! Could you share some background info about yourself?

I'm especially interested in GMAT scores and work experience.

Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Hey Guys - Can one of you post the latest MBAConnect stats with breakup for top nationalities?
Just want to check the update since the April 20th deadline?

Thanks guys!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ditris wrote:
Hello guys

Congrats Ditris! Welcome!

I added you to the list:

sandymp - invited
walktalk - invited
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
ditris - invited
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi, guys, i just finished my first interview with a high-rank officer in a world renowned consulting company. unfortunately, after the interview, he recommended me to take another 2 or 3 years working and then apply for the EMBA, but he promised that he would consider more on my unique background. Does it mean that he will not recommend me in his response to Insead? so worried about it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi lixianwei,

I watched a youtube video a couple of days ago, where the admissions office explained the process.
At the end of the interview, the interviewers will fill out a form, and send it back to the admin officie. Then your whole application gets re-reviewed by a committee (incl. the essays you sent before and the interviewer's forms).
So the decision of the committee is not based solely on the 1 opinion of the interviewer. They will re-evaluate the "whole package".

How many years work-experience do you have?

lixianwei wrote:
hi, guys, i just finished my first interview with a high-rank officer in a world renowned consulting company. unfortunately, after the interview, he recommended me to take another 2 or 3 years working and then apply for the EMBA, but he promised that he would consider more on my unique background. Does it mean that he will not recommend me in his response to Insead? so worried about it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AVbyT wrote:
Hey Guys - Can one of you post the latest MBAConnect stats with breakup for top nationalities?
Just want to check the update since the April 20th deadline?

Thanks guys!

Suggest ask this question in the wait list thread, there are always many people help to post the break down :)

Just got interview details today.... start contacting with the interviewers.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
finally managed to meet the 1st interviewer yesterday n got positive feedback!:D

out of curiosity, did you guys receive any Email from admission asking to finish the interviews earlier ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
walktalk wrote:
finally managed to meet the 1st interviewer yesterday n got positive feedback!:D

out of curiosity, did you guys receive any Email from admission asking to finish the interviews earlier ?

good to hear that... No I didn't receive any email from the adcom.. I also finished the first interview, as usual, walk me through CV, my international ex, surprisingly NO why INSEAD, but why MBA and why now??? did u apply to another school, answered yes,..
it last 1 hour with old businessman, millionaire, owner of his company..worked before as partner with one of MBB !! was nice and simple, yet he was assuring that I am very aware of the culture of INSEAD and have international outlook ..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
oneyearmba wrote:
walktalk wrote:

good to hear that... No I didn't receive any email from the adcom.. I also finished the first interview, as usual, walk me through CV, my international ex, surprisingly NO why INSEAD, but why MBA and why now??? did u apply to another school, answered yes,..
it last 1 hour with old businessman, millionaire, owner of his company..worked before as partner with one of MBB !! was nice and simple, yet he was assuring that I am very aware of the culture of INSEAD and have international outlook ..

Sounds like great interview!:) Mine was way too simple..only like why MBA, why INSEAD, why now, tell me abour yourself, your personality.. last for like 20 mins for questions and 20 mins for conversation.

well, I got an Email from admission asking about interview progress and got the 3rd interviewer info to see if I can finsih two interviews early....I thought as long as we finish before middle of May would be ok.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts