Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Rice (Jones), Emory (Goizueta), Washington (Olin), Indiana (Kelley)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
WE 1: Engineering
Send PM
Re: Calling Jones Business School (Rice) Applicants - Fall 2011 [#permalink]
From the website -

Your application will not reviewed for admission until your official undergraduate transcripts are received by the admissions office. You can submit your transcripts before or after your application, but your file will not be reviewed until all required information is submitted.

ekalil wrote:
I logged my application webpage today and noticed it says "incomplete" because I didn't send my transcripts.

Do we need to send the official transcripts by mail before been admited? If so, I really didn't noticed that, because all other BS asked it only after acceptance.

Did you guys send it?
Manager
Manager
Schools:Tuck(WL), Cornell, Ross(Dinged), UCLA(Dinged), UNC(Accepted w/$$$), Tulane(Accepted w/$$$)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
adishail wrote:
From the website -

Your application will not reviewed for admission until your official undergraduate transcripts are received by the admissions office. You can submit your transcripts before or after your application, but your file will not be reviewed until all required information is submitted.

ekalil wrote:
I logged my application webpage today and noticed it says "incomplete" because I didn't send my transcripts.

Do we need to send the official transcripts by mail before been admited? If so, I really didn't noticed that, because all other BS asked it only after acceptance.

Did you guys send it?

Thank you!

But I was invited for interview! What do they mean with "reviewed for admission"? The revision before invitation or the final revision before acceptance/wl/ding?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I guess you should write to the admissions office.

ekalil wrote:
adishail wrote:
From the website -

ekalil wrote:

Did you guys send it?

Thank you!

But I was invited for interview! What do they mean with "reviewed for admission"? The revision before invitation or the final revision before acceptance/wl/ding?
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
adishail wrote:

already did it!

ty again
Manager
Manager
Status:Rice University, Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business Class of 2013
Send PM
ekalil wrote:
adishail wrote:

already did it!

ty again

They will invite you for an interview but won't make a concrete decision until they receive your transcripts. I can't imagine they analyze transcripts too thoroughly, hell I can barely understand my own transcripts let alone someone else's. It's more of a verification step than anything.

I would follow up frequently as it took the Admissions Office about a month to receive my transcripts (they were mailed from the Midwest). I about went insane after two weeks of that and started to think that they were lost. If you haven't noticed the whole school has the same mailing address (6100 Main St.) so I'm guessing mail goes to a central hub then it is disbursed to the respective mail stops. Just call the front office and follow up once a week or so. The girl who answers the phone is really rude but don't be afraid to bother her anyway.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Jones, McCombs
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.17
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
Guys, I am new to this board...or any MBA msg board for that matter. This is my first ever post but I just finished my Rice Interview for round 2.

Let me give this a shot

27/m/chinese/engineering background and experience
Rice Undergrad 3.17 gpa
740 gmat
applied: 1/9/11
invited interview: 1/19/11
interviewed: 1/31/11
anxiously waiting: 2/2/11...........................................

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Was kind of hoping I would hear quickly...but most of the message boards I have been reading tonight lead me to believe most offers will go out toward the end of the round? Anybody feel the same way?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Don't mean to add to ur anxiety, I believe offers for R2 will be emailed on 18th Feb.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I sat in on the chat session yesterday and they said ft would be notified on or around the deadline, it's only two weeks though, I had to wait a month! (still 10x better than the mccombs wait, which I had to give up on)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was in the chat too ........ I think they will send out the R2 decision on the last day ...... lets see ............. interviews are lined up all the way into 3rd week of Feb.

GCM got the interview call pretty fast. Maybe it was the difference between applying on 9th and applying on 10th !

Stat wrote:
I sat in on the chat session yesterday and they said ft would be notified on or around the deadline, it's only two weeks though, I had to wait a month! (still 10x better than the mccombs wait, which I had to give up on)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Welcome to GMATCLUB. We are glad that you decided to join this thread. I have updated the R2 list with your name.

GCM30 wrote:
Guys, I am new to this board...or any MBA msg board for that matter. This is my first ever post but I just finished my Rice Interview for round 2.

Let me give this a shot

27/m/chinese/engineering background and experience
Rice Undergrad 3.17 gpa
740 gmat
applied: 1/9/11
invited interview: 1/19/11
interviewed: 1/31/11
anxiously waiting: 2/2/11...........................................

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Was kind of hoping I would hear quickly...but most of the message boards I have been reading tonight lead me to believe most offers will go out toward the end of the round? Anybody feel the same way?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Stat wrote:

Plus, Rice will also tell you your financial award amount over the phone if you are accepted. I believe McCombs makes people wait several weeks for that.

It was definitely nice to hear the entire offer all at once.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Jones, McCombs
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.17
WE 1: Engineer
Send PM
Looking forward to waiting it out with the rest of you! Nice to find solace in the form of a message board ha ha ha.

Where are you guys all from ??

Manager
Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
GCM30 wrote:
Looking forward to waiting it out with the rest of you! Nice to find solace in the form of a message board ha ha ha.

I'm from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V39
Send PM
adishail wrote:

ekalil wrote:

ekalil wrote:

Did you guys send it?

My application was moved to R3 because I didn't send the official transcript. :(
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V44
Send PM
I'm from Utah.

ekalil wrote:
GCM30 wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nice, I am from the Midwest but I am a Utah Jazz fan. Deron Williams is my favorite player. For my money he's one of the top point guards in the league (up there with Rondo and Chris Paul).

shmitty9698 wrote:
I'm from Utah.

ekalil wrote:
GCM30 wrote:

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sorry to hear that but with the rolling admissions policy, there is really no R2 or R3. These deadlines are rough dates to breakdown the intake into 3 or 4 parts. What separates 10th Jan from 11th Jan ? Not really R2 and R3, but only the fact that one came in before the other one.

Good Luck.

ekalil wrote:
My application was moved to R3 because I didn't send the official transcript. :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16