Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Couple of months of employment gap right before application [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi friskymarkets,

Employment gaps and how they affect your applications really vary based on personal circumstances. If you are able to tell a pretty convincing story, so something else that you were doing in the interim, that will help. This can involve volunteer work, family matters, etc. The important thing now is to figure out the best way to talk around that gap.

Personal MBA Coach has successfully helped many applicants navigate career gaps. When writing about them in the optional essay, you will not want to offer long-winded excuses or more information than is needed.

The best thing for you to do is perfect all other components of your applications. You have a strong GMAT under your belt, so now is the time to start thinking about how to best articulate your goals, personal story, and other key application elements that will help boost your candidacy. Take a look at Personal MBA Coach's services to learn how we can help guide you here.

Do not hesitate to reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to discuss your application strategy in more detail!

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

friskymarkets wrote:
I've more than 4 years of work experience with no employment gap whatsoever. I need to take about 1-2 months of break starting from August due to some personal issues which is why I've resigned from my current job and serving the notice period right now. How badly does this dent my application even if I'm able to provide a reasonable explanation for the same in my optional essay?

PS: I'd taken GMAT in Nov'20 and scored a 760 so hopefully, the adcom doesn't think that I'm trying to use this gap to apply to bschools. I'll also be working on a side project during this break and would have something to show for.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Couple of months of employment gap right before application [#permalink]