Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Current Rotman Student Blogs [#permalink]
FROM uwengdori: Paintball – Rotman Gaming Club

For the first time in my life, I got to play paintball (did I tell everyone that I became a first year representative for the Rotman Gaming Club? haha).

Although it took me two hours just to get there, I wanted to show my support as a first year rep, but most importantly, I never played one before and wanted to experience.

Here’s what I thought.

1. Real shooting is nowhere close to Call of Duty or Counter Strike :p

2. Just after two games, you find yourself panting really hard. It’s probably just me.

3. I definitely need to wear contacts to play this.

Other than that, it was a great exercise and fun shooting paintballs (and getting hit which stings a lot…)

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Roger Martin

Date: October 14, 2014

MPI “Shift Disturbers” Speaker Series

Speaker: Roger Martin and Adi Ignatius

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: More food

yum

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Meeting Roger Martin

Today was a great day. I met professor Roger Martin for the first time.

Great researcher and a professor who brought integrative thinking and business design to Rotman, his book ‘The Opposable Mind’ and the concept of integrative thinking is what brought me to Rotman, and I’m glad to be a part of this community.

I was somewhat scared just like any other time whenever I meet great, well-known people, but what I realized as soon as I started talking to him after the presentation is that he is extremely nice! He welcome me to the Rotman community, personally signed the book with my name, and even kindly agreed to take the photo with me. Hopefully I can continue to work towards greatness just like him.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: First week of term 1 complete

Despite being a long weekend with Thanksgiving, this week was very tiring for me in various ways.

Besides the pressure of learning materials I am not familiar with such as finance and accounting (I’m electrical engineering background), I had homework but also was chosen as the first group to present in finance class about bonds.  After I came back from school on Friday, I fell asleep right away. I am going to make sure that I keep the promise I made in foundation term that I will make sure to stay up to date with course materials.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Business Design Club ‘Know Yourself’ Workshop

Ran by Heather Fraser, professor and an author of ‘DesignWorks’, I had a chance to attend ‘Know Yourself’ workshop, one of Business Design Club’s events.

Asking questions, identifying DRIVE, we get to understand more about ourselves, to be able to quantify what’s qualitative.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Days at Rotman

Third week of term 1 has started and let me tell you. It’s hard!

There’s so much work to do and you always have to be on the loop. Of course we’re not kids anymore, and great studies and opportunities come with great responsibilities, so I’m actually trying to enjoy my challenges.

I’m working as some of the club 1st year representatives and participating in as many events as possible. I recently played Mafia game and also watched mayoral debate. Lot of stuff going on.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Trust the power you have.

you are better than you think.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Mark Zuckerberg in Chinese

I couldn’t help myself but stay impressed. young leader who can now basically speak Chinese and handle things alone (I’m Korean Canadian by the way, so I don’t know what he’s saying unfortunately).

I feel motivated to learn more now as well.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Happy Diwali

One of the main strengths of Rotman comes from its diversity and when we speak of diversity, we mean it in terms of class distribution and the number of events supported at Rotman. Recently, I had a chance to try samosas and sugar cakes (sorry not sure about the actual name), and it was amazing, also very sweet.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Networking 101 with Donna Messer

Burritos. Great, engaging session about how to network properly. How better can it get? Hosted jointly by Human Capital Club and Engineers in Management, we had a chance to listen about various networking techniques by Donna Messer from ConnectUs.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Passion

After three years of unhealthy life in the US, I have sworn myself never to go back to such routine again when I started MBA this September. I am taking my personal training exam in December, 3 days after my term 1 final. Health is important to me. Very important. If you’re healthy, you can always get back even when you fail, but you can’t get back when you’re sick and at that point, money or any kind of wealth can’t make you any happy.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Support Rotman on #WhyMBA!

Please support Rotman dominate the internet on #WhyMBA!

How to participate in Bloomberg’s ‪#‎WhyMBA‬

0. Make Twitter Account (great if you already have it. Many Rotman professors have them as well as many @Speakers)

1. Go to https://www.businessweek.com/interactive/whymba/#/

2. Type ‘Rotman on the left middle text box where it says ‘Type the name here’. At this point, Rotman school will automatically show up as a selectable option.

3. When a twitter window shows up, customize your message while maintaining hashtag #WhyMBA and @rotmanschool handle.

4. Tweet (post)

Also, please follow @jjongmu and comment your twitter handle so that we can follow each other.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: GPA

Foundation term GPA is out. I didn’t do so bad, but not so good either. Wherever you go, there are smarter people. I am impressed. So much to learn. But I have to remember that all this process of learning is what I so much wanted to do. It’s happy kind of tiredness. Storm of case competitions, exams, and assignments are coming. Must be ready.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Personal Trainer exam

so actually alongside the MBA studies, I am studying for personal trainer exam in December as a side. I can basically only read when I’m in the subway, but it’s been a good read so far. As I always mention in my blog writings, I used to be very overweight and I’ve sworn myself never to go back to that time.

Remember. Studies and career are important, but health is the top priority.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: BDC – Portfolio Workshop

I attended a portfolio workshop hosted by Business Design club today. Competing against thousands of MBA students with the entire world, you need more than your resume and coverletter to express yourself, and that’s where protfolios come in especially if you’re into design consulting.

I do have a portfolio, but wasn’t that high quality, and luckily I managed to get some nice feedback that I can use to fix my portfolio.

I hope to end my blog post with a photo of Toronto.

Current Student
Send PM
FROM uwengdori: Empathy & Need Finding Workshop by Rotman DesignWorks
On October 30, I had a chance to attend empathy & need finding workshop hosted by Rotman DesignWorks. Empathy is the first gear of the 3 gears of Business Design, which is to understand users and identify needs.

https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/FacultyAndResearch/EducationCentres/DesignWorks/AboutBD.aspx

We talked about applying for financing MBA, which was an interesting topic.

Here are the surprising takeaways:

1. Finding negative/positive needs

2. Connecting loans with emotions

3. Find commonalities and difference between people

4. simple framework to understand experience

5. Practicing develop skills

6. Needs help you frame the problem

7. Observation can inspire 1000 thoughts.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts