Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 23:07 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 23:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Stanford '14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SeafoodShrimpSpicy Chipotle Grilled Shrimp [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Seafood — Shrimp — Spicy Chipotle Grilled Shrimp
Seafood — Shrimp — Spicy Chipotle Grilled Shrimp
Marinated shrimp, grilled on skewers, have the fiery flavors of chipotle chilies, garlic, and red pepper flakes. This is for those who like their grilled shrimp spicy enough to break a sweat.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Turkish PogaçaCuisine [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Turkish Pogaça — Cuisine
Turkish Pogaça — Cuisine
The savory Turkish snack made with parsley and feta cheese is perfect for a morning breakfast or a midday snack.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quick Coconut Curry with Rice, Corn, and Beans [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Quick Coconut Curry with Rice, Corn, and Beans

Because the recipe calls for frozen corn and canned peas, coconut curry rice with corn and black-eyed peas can be made quickly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Main DishesBruschetta Chicken Casserole [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Main Dishes — Bruschetta Chicken Casserole
Main Dishes — Bruschetta Chicken Casserole
This simple chicken casserole cooks in one pan for simple cleanup and is reminiscent of bruschetta with fresh basil pesto, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Joeys CheesecakeCheesecake [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Joey’s Cheesecake — Cheesecake
Joey’s Cheesecake — Cheesecake
A simple cheesecake that is flavored with your favorite fruit flavored yogurt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Best Black BeansBeans and Peas [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Best Black Beans — Beans and Peas
Best Black Beans — Beans and Peas
When you’re short on time, it makes sense to make this quick and simple black bean recipe with everyday ingredients. accompanies any Mexican or Cuban meal well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Nut CandyMaple Fudge with Maple Syrup [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Nut Candy — Maple Fudge with Maple Syrup
Nut Candy — Maple Fudge with Maple Syrup
Make heavenly homemade maple fudge on your stovetop using brown sugar, heavy cream, butter, and pure maple syrup.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Worcestershire RibsPork [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Worcestershire Ribs — Pork
Worcestershire Ribs — Pork
A simple Worcestershire sauce made with tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and golden syrup adds sweet and spicy flavor to pork ribs as they finish baking.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Tuscan Lemonade CocktailEuropean [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Tuscan Lemonade Cocktail — European
Tuscan Lemonade Cocktail — European
This pitcher cocktail is a lemon lover’s dream, complete with lemonade, limoncello, lemon-infused vodka, lemony sparkling water, and even fresh lemon slices!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DessertsCheesecakeGluten-Free Cheesecake Cupcakes [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Desserts — Cheesecake — Gluten-Free Cheesecake Cupcakes
Desserts — Cheesecake — Gluten-Free Cheesecake Cupcakes
Family members who can only eat gluten-free desserts will love these simple individual cheesecake cupcakes with a pecan crust.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
French Onion ChickenChicken Breast [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: French Onion Chicken — Chicken Breast
French Onion Chicken — Chicken Breast
French onion chicken is a quick and easy meal to prepare on weeknights using 5 simple ingredients, including cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Latin AmericanThe Original Camarones a la Diabla [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Latin American — The Original Camarones a la Diabla
Latin American — The Original Camarones a la Diabla
Simmer shrimp in a spicy sauce of dried chiles blended with tomatoes to make camerones a la diabla, a quintessential Mexican dish.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Cherry-Berry Ros Sorbet [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Cherry-Berry Ros Sorbet

This no-churn, flavorful sorbet with frozen cherries, berries, and rosé wine is a chic take on traditional fruit sorbet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CakesHazels Chocolate Cake [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Cakes — Hazel’s Chocolate Cake
Cakes — Hazel’s Chocolate Cake
Here is a recipe for a chocolate cake that uses sour milk instead of regular milk.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hot DipAppetizers and SnacksCheese Dips and Spreads [#permalink]
FROM Bschooladmit20: Hot Dip — Appetizers and Snacks — Cheese Dips and Spreads
Hot Dip — Appetizers and Snacks — Cheese Dips and Spreads
This delicious dip is always best when it’s served really warm — works well with breadsticks and assorted crackers. I make it during the holidays when JOY is in the air and romance is always in style.
MBA Blogger
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 510 Q29 V31
GMAT 2: 590 Q32 V38
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
 Women and work: international womens day [#permalink]
FROM Sarah's MBA Journey:  Women and work: international women’s day
Went along to a women’s event in my office to celebrate international women’s day. We discussed our experience of being a women in the work place and future challenges. Thought I would share my experience here.

Have I experienced sexism?

Yes, but not always overt. When I was seventeen I wanted to study psychology and went along to university open days. Now in the UK you ideally want your course to be recognised by the British psychological society. The university I was looking at was starting a new course and not yet recognised. I asked the course leader whether the course would be recognised in time, he told me not to worry my pretty head. I,of course, went to another university for that reason alone. I was gleeful when I found out later that the course hadn’t been recognised.

Yep; I have had the classic of having my bum pinched. I worked in a hotel bar and when I leaned down to place drinks ona table my bum was pinched by a customer. The son couldn’t decide whether to congratulate his dad or be offended on my behalf. I couldn’t decide either. I was in shock and he a customer, so what I could was limited. I think I just glared and commented that   Wasn’t appropriate.

How has the work place changed?

When I started in the civil service I was regaled with stories of what it was to be like included that if a women got married she had to resign.  Now of course that doesn’t happen.

My work is very supportive has good maternity benefits and both genders make use of the flexible working policy. We still don’t have enough women in senior management, but that the same as most workplaces.

Though more often than not I am still the only women in the room when I work on projects of a technical nature, specially when I’m at a clients. Be great when that less likely to be the case.

Challenges

I don’t perceive my gender to be an issue in the workplace. In general I’ve found discrimination around my disability more of an issue. As I’m still single I also don’t need to overly worry about maternity offers, and balancing home and work. But those are issues that my friends are grappling with, both male and female.

But as i reported in an earlierpostI was secretly glad I wasn’t accepted by Duke for their MBA programme as I couldn’t see how I could have kids and pay off the massive student loan I would have accursed. Some of that is just an age thing, and an inbuilt assumption that student loans don’t have repayment holidays if your on maternity leave. To widen the appeal of MBA for women can repayment holidays on student loans be built-in?

What has been your experience at work based on your gender? What do you think the future challenges are?
GMAT Club Bot
 Women and work: international womens day [#permalink]
   1  ...  33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts