Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 14:49 It is currently 09 May 2024, 14:49

8.1 years
United States
Male
Score: 159 EA
GPA: 2.7
Pre-MBA industry: Energy and Utilities
Post-MBA industry: Private Equity
Currently work in the oil industry with the plan to obtain my MBA to pursue a career at an IB such as Goldman Sachs, Jefferies in Manhattan with the intention to gain experience to go into the private equity sector.
Columbia
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 5, 24
Stern
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 18, 24
Comments
31 Jan 2024, 12:11
Looks like you submitted the applications already so fingers crossed for that 🤞

I think you’ll bring a good perspective to the program but one concern I can see them having is your mix of GPA and executive assessment. Usually if you have a sub 3.0 GPA, you want to come in with a strong test score to indicate that the GPA with a reflection of Poor grading or something like that… or if you have a great GPA, you can take a weird test that is not reported such as executive assessment or a mediocre GRE. However the combination of both of these is going to make the outcome wonder about your focus and determination. Ideally you want to shiny score there, GMAT or at least a strong GRE.

But again, fingers crossed that the rest of your application can outweigh and my analysis is completely wrong. I tend to be a pessimistic person so whenever I’m wrong, it’s a good thing 😂
31 Jan 2024, 12:11
Looks like you submitted the applications already so fingers crossed for that 🤞

I think you’ll bring a good perspective to the program but one concern I can see them having is your mix of GPA and executive assessment. Usually if you have a sub 3.0 GPA, you want to come in with a strong test score to indicate that the GPA with a reflection of Poor grading or something like that… or if you have a great GPA, you can take a weird test that is not reported such as executive assessment or a mediocre GRE. However the combination of both of these is going to make the outcome wonder about your focus and determination. Ideally you want to shiny score there, GMAT or at least a strong GRE.

But again, fingers crossed that the rest of your application can outweigh and my analysis is completely wrong. I tend to be a pessimistic person so whenever I’m wrong, it’s a good thing 😂