Female
Score: 325 GRE
GPA: ???-
Pre-MBA industry: Advertising and PR
Post-MBA industry: Advertising and PR
Hi, please evaluate my profile:
X - 90.42 (ICSE)
XII - 83.08 (State Board)
BCom - 73.52 (State Uni- Top 10 college)
MCom - 80 (State Uni - Top 10 college)

College extra curriculars:
1. Head of the marketing dept of the MUN club, Jt. Secretary of the Management Club, Editor - English of the Annual College Magazine, Head of PR of the Marketing Club
2. Won story writing contests, academic prizes for individual subjects, trophy for the being the best writer of college, published 2 research papers

Work experience: 4.5 years
I have a career gap of 5 months as my parents were unwell and I had to leave my job to look after them both. Wanted to understand how this will impact my profile.

Industry: Digital and Mainline marketing
Company: Ogilvy, FCB (India offices)
Impact: Worked on Retail, finance and FMCG brands.
Current position - Account Manager
Led the end to end execution of campaigns
Was the key spoc on the accounts managed
Came up with strategy/ideas/insights for campaigns managed
Led a team of 3 solution driven executives

Other Hobbies:
1. MMA - Certified Black Belt
2. Writing - Blog with over 40K followers on Instagram, published in several anthologies

Goals: To transition over to the brand side as a brand manager post an MBA

Current GRE score - 325
Darden
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Bangalore EPGP
3 months ago
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Calcutta PGPEX
3 months ago
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Indore EPGP
3 months ago
IIM Calcutta
PGPEX
3 months ago
HEC Paris
January Intake
3 months ago
Round 1
ISB
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Anderson
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Booth
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Columbia
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Darden
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
ISB
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Kelley
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Kenan-Flagler
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Rotman
Full Time MBA
3 months ago
Comments (4 comments)
06 Feb 2024, 15:28
The break is actually ongoing as my parents were unwell. So I had to step down and take care of them. I have made a lot of impact during my tenure in the company
06 Feb 2024, 14:14
I feel you have a solid profile that has very deep and diverse stories behind it. I feel like it would be easy to put a strong application together. It may be even a challenge to shortlist to focus on among all your accomplishments. The more you can talk about facing clients and interfacing projects, the better.

I think the biggest consideration would be your career goals. Brand management and CPG are very tough for internationals in the US. They also don’t pay as well as other jobs such as consulting and tech product management and finance and almost anything else. However, the right jobs in marketing and advertising and if that’s what your passion is, you can be really good at it.

PS. Comment much on the Indian schools but I feel you should have a solid shot in the US. Your background is unique enough since you’re not a technical engineer 😂
06 Feb 2024, 14:27
Hey, thanks for the detailed review! Can you please let me know how will the gap impact my application?
06 Feb 2024, 15:26
The gap should not be an issue but the question is when was it. If it was a few years ago and you have a job since and it’s a good solid job, you can cover it in your optional essay with a few statements. I think things absolutely come up and it’s good to be in a position where you can take off work and Feel confident and comfortable enough to be able to find a job.

Things such as promotions, raises and awards in the job that you left also help alleviate any questions or concerns about it being a performance or disciplinary issue.
06 Feb 2024, 15:28
The break is actually ongoing as my parents were unwell. So I had to step down and take care of them. I have made a lot of impact during my tenure in the company