Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1100 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 520 Q35 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.18
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: devastating 1st attempt: 550 ( Q-45, V-20) [#permalink]
deadlines123 wrote:
After a prep of almost 2-2.5 months I was scoring 700 in undiluted gmat prep. MGMAT score started from 620 and rose upto 670 in 5th test. So finally i was expecting a 680+ score as I was had extensively tuned myself so that environmental factors dont become obstacle for me. On the test day I was properly keeping the pace until during last 15 min in quants section where I got a bit too relaxed and got lost in a question. Sudden time up with 3 unanswered questions :shock: ...thats it!! I felt like leaving the rest of it, but then somehow started verbal half heartedly. The score is as u can see. :cry:

I am planning on retaking the test by October end or mid- november. So need some advice on what material ( specially tests ) should I go for as most of the tests like veritas, mgmat, kaplan are exhausted. Any suggestions pls?

Hey Mate , Even i am in a situation you are in.My MGMAT scored ranges from 600 - 650 and GMATPrep - 670-670 each.However on the G-Day i messed it up royally.
580 :cry: .... But now I am planning to have a second go at it and plan to retake it sometime around november. Lets see how it pans out ... This time i am mighty determined to crack 700 barrier ...

ATB to you.

Cheers
HA
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
deadlines123 wrote:
After a prep of almost 2-2.5 months I was scoring 700 in undiluted gmat prep. MGMAT score started from 620 and rose upto 670 in 5th test. So finally i was expecting a 680+ score as I was had extensively tuned myself so that environmental factors dont become obstacle for me. On the test day I was properly keeping the pace until during last 15 min in quants section where I got a bit too relaxed and got lost in a question. Sudden time up with 3 unanswered questions :shock: ...thats it!! I felt like leaving the rest of it, but then somehow started verbal half heartedly. The score is as u can see. :cry:

I am planning on retaking the test by October end or mid- november. So need some advice on what material ( specially tests ) should I go for as most of the tests like veritas, mgmat, kaplan are exhausted. Any suggestions pls?

It sounds like you took a lot of practice tests and during your quant section, you "zoned out" - make sure you are sleeping well and eating well. This might be a sign of exhaustion - you want to be 110% alert on the actual exam marathon.

Also, do not underestimate the psychological elements of the test: https://www.gmatpill.com/about/studying- ... trategies/

If you are looking for more tests, you can take the GMAT Pill Practice Test: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... promo=free

Of course - all the good stuff is inside the course.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
NeverSurrender wrote:
Hi,

Just keep up your hard work and I'm sure you'll do better next time. Looks like you have the hang of the quant section. Just a few little things to improve. Looks like your verbal is the section you should focus the most on. If you want to improve your quant further, you could get the gmatclub tests. They helped boost my score alot =).

thanks a lot for consolation :) ...yeah!! i need to improve in verbal ...one thing i noticed is in a fresh test when i read a question i get anxious and take more than aimed ...will have to work in that area.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts