Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 12:51 It is currently 06 May 2024, 12:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11674 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Disappointing Score Result (660) and When to Call it Quits [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi dddhhh82,

While I have no doubt that you put in lots of study time and worked through lots of practice questions, your various score results (including your Official Score) show that you've been 'responding' to the GMAT in the same general ways for the last couple of months. The slight variations in your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores are likely due to a handful of lucky/unlucky guesses and/or little mistakes (that you either made or did not make) on each individual Test that you took. In simple terms, "your way" of dealing with the GMAT will likely keep earning you a Score in this same range. You're actually closer to a 700+ than you probably realize, but you would have to make some fundamental changes to how you deal with the Exam (and you could pick up all of the missing points that you're after in just the Quant section or just the Verbal section).

As it stands, with your 660/Q44, you would likely be fine applying to each of the Schools that you listed. If you're interested in retesting though, you could retest in a month and potentially hit your Score (again, assuming that you're a 'flexible'-enough thinker to make the necessary changes to how you deal with the Test). If you'd like to discuss how you might best do that, then just let me know.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Disappointing Score Result (660) and When to Call it Quits [#permalink]
Don't quit, keep at it. Grit is important. It sounds like you know the fundamentals and might have what it takes to score above 700, so the issue might be your testing strategy (ex: trying to solve every question algebraically, not controlling your time well, getting nervous and making careless mistakes).

Maybe try to have the mentality that you're done with the test - accept your 660 as your score, but still commit to testing once or twice more with no pressure; just keep practicing, go in without any high expectations and see what happens.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GRE 1: Q166 V157
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
It's just one attempt. You'll meet many people who give multiple attempts. A years prep is nothing. You'll find multiple debriefs on this forum where people took more time and got into b schools. If you really want it, work for it. Again.

Also, you seem to have plateaued with your scores. Try analysing patterns of the questions you get wrong and why. I'm sure you've covered all concepts. Frankly, silly mistakes on higher scoring problems affect the score and that's why people score below 700. Try understanding what mistakes you are making.

Best of luck

Posted from my mobile device
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22146 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi dddhhh82,

I’d love to help you get on the right track. Given that you scored 660, I think you may be closer to your score goal than you think. Can you reach out to me directly, so we can schedule some time for a call? I’ve got your back, my friend.
GMAT Club Bot