Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 08:36 It is currently 14 May 2024, 08:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Duke - LBS - LSE MiM comparison? [#permalink]
THank you for your insight, greatly appreciated.

My only corcern at this point is from many sources, that bringing an EU education over to the US is not the simplest. Furthermore, a MiM is not an MBA and US employers dont always understand the concept.. however, London is a global city, so we can look at it as US employment in itself w many MNCs.

does LSE carry better in the US than LBS?

for LSE vs. LBS I gathered that the LSE career service is not so apt as the more personal vibe of LBS.
Does the Mgmt department at LSE has it's own dedicated career support for the MSc programs or all career services fall under one clout?

Are you sure about the LSE having better links to employment? Is it because LSE has a larger presence due to the many degrees?

thanks for any insight
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I know that both LBS and LSE are both regarded as prestigious also in the US; both being World Top-business schools. I would say that, for what concern the MiM, in the US are regarded as being exactly on the same level, or even LSE slighlty more while if you look at MBA, then LBS is more appreciated (cos it has #1 mba program in the world - LSE does not provide MBA).

For what concerns the Career service at LSE, I know from people doing that course, that is one extra-service (so not the ordinary career help office) specifically tought for the Management dep (they help you contacting MNCs, having interviews, networking etc) , and mostly of the resources are devoted specifically to the MiM, that is considered the edge of the department.
Finally concerning the links to the employment, yes surely LSE has better links due to greater presence for any analyst type job
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks for the info.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Tuck '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi
I am jai from India.just completed engineering in biotech with cgpa of abt 8.34
I do not hav any work exp.At the moment, i am preparing for GMAT,will giv it in sept.Aiming for LBS MiM 2012 programme
I want to know how much of a chance i stand if i get a GMAT score of about 700.My extra cirriculars are average.was an active elocutionist and quizzer in school.I also help my father with his pharmaceuticals business but not on a full time basis.a
Also what would my job prospects be?Is this degree recognised everywhere in the world? Considering the downturn in the UK would i be eligible for jobs elsewhere like singapore,australia etc?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management, International Business
Schools:LSE - Harvard BS
Send PM
I think that with a good GMAT you can easily compensate the fact of having no-little work experience and have a try!
For what concerns worldwide recognition, with a degree from LBS or LSE you will have no problems, since they are known everywhere in the world.
Maybe, if you aim at some institutional career in your country you should check wether you need 1year or 2year master. I am telling you that cos I know that in some countries (I think Spain, Italy etc) you need a 2year program in order to be accepted. So as far as you stick to the business world no problem, but when you come to "official recognition" by institutions you should check. If you found out that is 2years, then LSE MiM would sound a better choice
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3136 posts