Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1047 [5]
Given Kudos: 630
Schools: Ross '25 (M$)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [3]
Given Kudos: 500
RC & DI Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32008 [3]
Given Kudos: 291
Send PM
Re: -- [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
AndrewN wrote:
amangmat76 wrote:
Please stick to ethical companies and quality products like TTP, Magoosh, Manhattan.

Hello, amangmat76. The above advice is also wayward. I will not comment on exactly which company or companies in the list above engage in unethical marketing, but I have spoken with other professionals who have worked with at least one of these companies who do not hold it/them in such high esteem. Beware of glowing reviews, even if you happen to enjoy a particular product.

- Andrew

I too would agree with Andrew. You will come across these unethical marketing very often.

For example, there are same set of people awarding kudos to a particular person. The moment a single line is posted, even if it does not make any sense at all, you will have a certain set of 7-8 people jumping to award kudos, that too within 1 to 2 hrs of posting. So, yes you may find lot of kudos cheaters and fake reviews, but it is for you not to fall prey to them. Will help you in your critical reasoning too by analysing such posts. ;)

By the way, the user who initiated this post too joined just to post this message. So, could easily be a fake account of one company crying foul about fake review of another.

For all the genuine students there, do not follow any prep company blindly. Look at their rep’s reply on forum and also the trial offers to gauge their standard. Remember, it is just not the money you are losing but the most precious commodity ‘time’ too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Sloan '25 (D)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.58
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
ok look EGMAT is not a fake company, I can't comment about the review racket etc. but I can on my experience with the product.

Bottom line: I used it, found it helpful and it helped me get my GMAT score. Verbal is great, Quant can be improved - esp since some of the methods they teach take way too long. 4/5 is what I reviewed them.

I got asked to review them on GMATClub and did so. I got a $10 Amazon voucher - however I believe this is a GMATClub policy not an EGMAT policy.
I also got asked to do a video debrief but chose not to. I was not incentivised in any way.

It's a good product - better than the others? I don't know as I didn't avail any other GMAT Prep service.
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6861 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Kudos
Expert Reply
PyjamaScientist wrote:
amangmat76,

If unethical marketing was the measuring stick, many big names would fall off the Gmat Club board.

I have used Egmat and their product is not BS. I agree they have resorted to unethical marketing, but does that make their product BS? No!

An analogy would be- Entire world knows that Tiger Woods cheated on his wife, but does that make him a bad Golfer? No!

So, stop demonizing their product for god's sake; instead, use that energy to prepare for your test. Say all that you want to their unethical marketing but save your words for their learning platform. Their Verbal is really good.

I enjoyed the analogy, PyjamaScientist, but the highlighted advice is sagely. We can worry about others—what they are doing, what they look like, how successful they appear to be—and probably feel a lot worse about ourselves, but we can also choose to focus on what is in front of us—exam, health, loved ones.

Thank you for another meaningful contribution.

- Andrew
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72911 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I wanted to point out that the IP address used by the OP amangmat76 and author of the topic this discussion refers to studyprep282 are the same and overlap by 14 out of 25 posts that studyprep282 has. I am not sure what the motivation may be but I thought it was relevant in this case when people talk about pretending and impersonating. I feel each day brings sadder news :cry:

P.S. I usually don't check it but perhaps I should do it more often...

Attachment:
ipaddress.png
ipaddress.png [ 6.67 KiB | Viewed 1318 times ]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
plant123 wrote:
ok look EGMAT is not a fake company, I can't comment about the review racket etc. but I can on my experience with the product.

Bottom line: I used it, found it helpful and it helped me get my GMAT score. Verbal is great, Quant can be improved - esp since some of the methods they teach take way too long. 4/5 is what I reviewed them.

I got asked to review them on GMATClub and did so. I got a $10 Amazon voucher - however I believe this is a GMATClub policy not an EGMAT policy.
I also got asked to do a video debrief but chose not to. I was not incentivised in any way.

It's a good product - better than the others? I don't know as I didn't avail any other GMAT Prep service.

I mean to say the way the portray their success everywhere is fake.
Paying that 10$ is an incentive. Most people are pushed to do it.

Proof of them faking reviews is in front of you. Look up the post I am talking about.
GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 9248 [0]
Given Kudos: 91
 Q51  V47
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, I can second what AndrewN says above. This company is far from the only offender when it comes to misleading advertising.
GMAT Club Bot