Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:57 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5206 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63671 [0]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Failure story q43 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
pushpitkc is spot-on: you almost certainly made careless errors on questions that are easy for you, and it doesn't take many of those errors to cause your score to drop. This might also help you a bit: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 46658.html.

Good luck with your retake, madatme! And don't think of it as a failure: think of it as an opportunity to make your next success even more satisfying. :-)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 798 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
madatme wrote:
I gave my GMAT today and was devastated to see the score of 43 in quantitative . My scores in the two GMAT Free software tests were 50 and 49 and in my first attempt it in real GMAT (Dec-17) was 49 ( verbal score was 25, hence cancelled) , I don't know what went wrong today, I will order ESR once the scores are available in my GMAC account.I am planning to give one more attempt . What should I do to get more than 49 in Quantitative ? Please help.

Don't loose hope -> even i got Q49 even after doing first 20 questions right -> and out of 37 i did 31/32 questions right ...
I compared my ESR with other person who got Q50 => anyone can say by seeing difficulty level graph and number of questions correct- i deserve a Q50 => get your ESR see your weakness -> if you feel some area is weak -> make sure even 800 level will be a cake walk for you on that chapter/ concept....

Don't leave even a single question to solve from gmat club test quants -> If you solve clearing your concepts, you can then think of Q50 atleast if not Q51.
There are approx 26 tests -> solve 2-3 tests per day => i am advising for only quants...

every week check your level on official gmat prep => I am sure you will se atleast a 50 there ->

All the best -> :thumbup: :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
pushpitkc is spot-on: you almost certainly made careless errors on questions that are easy for you, and it doesn't take many of those errors to cause your score to drop. This might also help you a bit: https://gmatclub.com/forum/experts-topi ... 46658.html.

Good luck with your retake, madatme! And don't think of it as a failure: think of it as an opportunity to make your next success even more satisfying. :-)

Thanks GMATNinja
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sahilvijay wrote:
madatme wrote:
I gave my GMAT today and was devastated to see the score of 43 in quantitative . My scores in the two GMAT Free software tests were 50 and 49 and in my first attempt it in real GMAT (Dec-17) was 49 ( verbal score was 25, hence cancelled) , I don't know what went wrong today, I will order ESR once the scores are available in my GMAC account.I am planning to give one more attempt . What should I do to get more than 49 in Quantitative ? Please help.

Don't loose hope -> even i got Q49 even after doing first 20 questions right -> and out of 37 i did 31/32 questions right ...
I compared my ESR with other person who got Q50 => anyone can say by seeing difficulty level graph and number of questions correct- i deserve a Q50 => get your ESR see your weakness -> if you feel some area is weak -> make sure even 800 level will be a cake walk for you on that chapter/ concept....

Don't leave even a single question to solve from gmat club test quants -> If you solve clearing your concepts, you can then think of Q50 atleast if not Q51.
There are approx 26 tests -> solve 2-3 tests per day => i am advising for only quants...

every week check your level on official gmat prep => I am sure you will se atleast a 50 there ->

All the best ->

Sure sahilvijay , thanks for your tips and encouragement.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts