Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Coaching in Bangalore : Crackverbal or Jamboree ??? [#permalink]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I have attended both Jamboree and Crackverbal.
I was bad at all the 3 parts of Verbal, ie., SC, CR and RC. I first went to Jamboree, after which I saw a jump in my SC and RC. But I was still struggling at CR. One of my friends, Lavanya, went to Crackverbal, and told me that CR and RC taught at Crackverbal was good. Since I felt I was missing something at CR, I took up only CR class at Crackverbal. I was also invited for advanced SC class and one trail RC class. After that I had a break in my preparation due to my professional commitments, and hence was not able to take the Gmat. I am planning to take the Gmat in a couple of months. I am confident that with the strategies I learnt at Crackverbal, I am sure to touch the figure '7'. I suggest that one goes to Crackverbal for Verbal (SC, CR and RC). Certainly better than Jamboree. I have been to both and I know the teaching methodology and delivery. Maybe the centre that I went to also matters in terms of faculty. But, this is just my perspective. No offences/ discouragement intended.

Thanks.[/quote]

Thank you...

Could you tell me which coaching centers you opted for both these ??

-CV[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I attended Jamboree Indiranagar. There is only one branch for Crackverbal, at House of Lords.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
karthicramesh19 wrote:
I attended Jamboree Indiranagar. There is only one branch for Crackverbal, at House of Lords.

Okay, Have you heard about coaching on Quant of Crackverbal ? so far I got only good comments only about Verbal... I am not totally hopeless in Maths but could certainly use some tips and tricks to save time...

Thanks,
CV
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Don't got to Jamboree, there Verbal faculty is pathetic. Quants is good.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Coaching in Bangalore : Crackverbal or Jamboree ??? [#permalink]
I have attended both Jamboree and CrackVerbal.

Jamboree's quant is slightly better than CrackVerbal's, but CrackVerbal is far better at everything else.
Their faculty is far more qualified and professional. Most of them are 700+ scorers themselves.

The Jamboree application package was a complete waste of money too.
It was obvious from day one that the essay writer had taken on too many assignments.
The essays were all done at the last minute, and full of spelling and grammatical errors.
I had to drive the entire application process myself, in spite of having had paid such a large sum.

I would recommend CrackVerbal over Jamboree any day!

PS: I was getting spam calls from travel consultants for months. They said they got my number from Jamboree.

Originally posted by shaurya1 on 09 Sep 2014, 09:26.
Last edited by shaurya1 on 18 Nov 2014, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hello,
I have attended both Jamboree and Crackverbal.
I was bad at all the 3 parts of Verbal, ie., SC, CR and RC. I first went to Jamboree, after which I saw a jump in my SC and RC. But I was still struggling at CR. One of my friends, Lavanya, went to Crackverbal, and told me that CR and RC taught at Crackverbal was good. Since I felt I was missing something at CR, I took up only CR class at Crackverbal. I was also invited for advanced SC class and one trail RC class. After that I had a break in my preparation due to my professional commitments, and hence was not able to take the Gmat. I am planning to take the Gmat in a couple of months. I am confident that with the strategies I learnt at Crackverbal, I am sure to touch the figure '7'. I suggest that one goes to Crackverbal for Verbal (SC, CR and RC). Certainly better than Jamboree. I have been to both and I know the teaching methodology and delivery. Maybe the centre that I went to also matters in terms of faculty. But, this is just my perspective. No offences/ discouragement intended.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3793 [0]
Given Kudos: 412
GMAT 1: 530 Q47 V17
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
I have been preparing Gmat from quite a long time so thought Ill answer this.

Firstly choosing a Gmat Coaching institute is synonymous to choosing a Gym. Enrolling to the best Gym available doesn’t assure a good muscular body.
It’s you who should start working hard daily in the Gym. The instructor can only assist you but again its you who should do the hard sweating work. Its exactly same with GMAT .
Joining X institute will never get you a 700 you should do all the required hard work to attain that score.

WHAT TO look in a Coaching Center.

Does the institute have faculty who has scored atleast 740 ?

Do the faculty teach the basic concepts in detail (This only required if you are new to gmat . Retakers need not really be bothered about this).

The Content and the Practice questions the institute provides.

Does the faculty clear your doubts in a convincing manner. (This is really important …)

IS the GMAT Faculty available to assist you and to clear your doubts during your preparation after you complete the course.
(Completing the Gmat Class Room classes is only half the battle won. We will still have a solid 2-3 mnths of practice required to master the concepts. Assistance from the Faculty(clearning the doubts) is very much required during this phase.

My personal Experience..

I was weak in Verbal and required some assistance in it. I have attended EducationAisle(Bangalore) only for verbal and Im very much satisfied with this Institute.

Firstly this center more than qualifies the requirements I mentioned above.

The Content and practice questions provided are very good especially SC. The practice questions provided ensures that the student masters the concepts taught in the class.

I feel the concepts they teach in the Class covers all the minute things that GMAT tests in the exam.

THE BEST THING IS The doubts that you mail are cleared immediately. For any SC,CR question mailed the Faculty replies with the right approach to attack the question(It is really important to
learn to attack the question in the right way).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
RaviChandra wrote:
My personal Experience..

I was weak in Verbal and required some assistance in it. I have attended EducationAisle(Bangalore) only for verbal and Im very much satisfied with this Institute.

Would totally agree with RaviChandra's comments. Big thumbs up to EducationAisle.

While I have not appeared in GMAT as yet and so, don't have any "eye popping" GMAT score to share, I can share my coaching experience. Fortunately, most coaching institutes in Bangalore provide this concept of a "free trial class". So, I attended these trial classes with quite a few of them, and joined EducationAisle. I initially joined them, because the faculty seemed very knowledgeable and the class was very interactive; so my comfort feel was more.

Once I joined them, I realized that it was not just about classes. The assignments, the continuous help with doubt clearing..everything reassured me that my decision was right. Hopefully I will have a decent GMAT score to share, to reinforce my claim:).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
damyanti wrote:
RaviChandra wrote:
My personal Experience..

Would totally agree with RaviChandra's comments. Big thumbs up to EducationAisle.

While I have not appeared in GMAT as yet and so, don't have any "eye popping" GMAT score to share, I can share my coaching experience. Fortunately, most coaching institutes in Bangalore provide this concept of a "free trial class". So, I attended these trial classes with quite a few of them, and joined EducationAisle. I initially joined them, because the faculty seemed very knowledgeable and the class was very interactive; so my comfort feel was more.

Once I joined them, I realized that it was not just about classes. The assignments, the continuous help with doubt clearing..everything reassured me that my decision was right. Hopefully I will have a decent GMAT score to share, to reinforce my claim:).

Hi,

Which center your joined, there are two centers in Bangalore ( kundalahalli and Koramangla). I am planning to join EducationAisle for GMAT coaching.

Thanks,
CrackVerbal Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Expert Reply
Like a lot of you'll have already mentioned before enrolling for any course make sure you be part of one of their live classes for free to see if you like the teaching style of the instructors.

At CrackVerbal, we have designed the GMAT course to help the busy working professionals stay motivated to study for the GMAT and to simplify the complex GMAT concepts through detailed discussions with experienced faculty and fellow GMAT aspirants.

Most of our faculty members are alumns from top B-schools like ISB and they take GMAT classes because of their love for teaching and their passion to mentor MBA aspirants.

You can check out the profiles of our GMAT instructors here: https://bit.ly/2HRz7KP

Here is a video which will give you a glimpse of the kind of interaction we have with our students in our GMAT classroom coaching program.

In Bangalore, we have GMAT coaching centers in Koramangala, Malleshwaram, and Marathahalli.

The comprehensive GMAT course takes a minimum of 36 Classroom hours to finish the verbal coaching and 35 Classroom hours to finish the Quant coaching.

You can finish the comprehensive GMAT Classroom course either in 6 weeks or 12 weeks based on your preference.

You could come and attend a live GMAT class at a CrackVerbal center near you!

You can call us at +91 8880560000 to book your free slot for a live class or check out https://bit.ly/2HDFykl to know more about our GMAT classroom course.

If you miss any classes or concepts, then we could provide you with the recording for the same.

Before making up your mind, do attend a live class for free to see if our teaching style meets your learning needs.
GMAT Club Bot